BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Summer Transfer List

If we are serious about getting a goal scorer into the club, then he's going to cost around £10 - 15 million at least. There's no two ways about it. There's no point looking around for a guy who will only cost £5 million, because they aren't going to be good enough. One possible exception could be RVN, but even then it's asking a lot of him to come in on a free transfer and perform like he used to at his age now.

I'd be happy if we signed Reo-Coker on a free transfer to go with Jermaine Jones. He's got good experience at this level and is still relatively young. If we clear out all the deadwood, then we could do with a few bodies coming in and he would be a good one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

To be fair Roy if Ba is on a free he could cut it, he's shown he can score goals at this level and would be worth a shot

£5m. Exciting times.

Plus the residue from the January transfer window, plus the proceeds from any sales, all of which adds up to much more than we had from the Trust. In any case Kean may well have cottoned on that it isn't the best idea to accurately reveal this summer's transfer budget.

But you knew all of that anyway.

Hmmmm probably best to forget about all this till mid August. Kean must be collecting lots of airmiles or does he just like planes? £5m? Looks like Venky's have conned him too and then got their favourite spin doctor journo back on the case to try and convince the support.

A summer of trying to talk up the possibilities of signing ageing strikers. I'm so excited........

Are we allowed to protest yet?

Hmmmm probably best to forget about all this till mid August. Kean must be collecting lots of airmiles or does he just like planes? £5m? Looks like Venky's have conned him too and then got their favourite spin doctor journo back on the case to try and convince the support.

A summer of trying to talk up the possibilities of signing ageing strikers. I'm so excited........

Are we allowed to protest yet?

I wasn't aware that you'd stopped.

Plus the residue from the January transfer window, plus the proceeds from any sales, all of which adds up to much more than we had from the Trust. In any case Kean may well have cottoned on that it isn't the best idea to accurately reveal this summer's transfer budget.

What residue would that be then? Change from Roque and JJ's wage plus fees for our future stars. Plus those new contracts handed out to existing deadwood. Maybe we can afford more loans and freebies then.

It's not me who keeps raising expectation levels (remember that assustant manager to 'make the football world sit up and take notice? That was Jensen - I think the press have only just cooled on that bombshell). No, it's our verbally incontinent owners and Mr Positive. Trouble is, unless they follow through, their credibility suffers. But, of course, you know that too.

I just hope you are right and we 'surprise' everyone with our sneakiness. But going from experiences so far I doubt it.

We all know its more than the Trust but when Kean cane back from Pune last he was all excited and said his transfer budget "was more than this club has ever had for a very long time" or words to that effect. Legalistically true since this club has had nothing in the way of transfer funds for years but deceptive nevertheless. He also talked of it propelling us to the top 8.

Further towards the end of the season Venkys said there was no finite sum earmarked for transfers and that they would "spend whatever it takes". Apparently it takes 5M!

Kean says we need a mid-fielder and 2 strikers. I can see them being Santa Cruz-----about 3M, Jones--about 4M and a striker on a free-----Demba Ba possibly, Riorden----bloody joke. That's it for net transfer money.

In fact since that is over the 5M Kean now says he's been promised, that'll be offset by the sale of Samba whose hardly going to be persuaded that he can win it all here.

So forget all the brilliant options we go on about, there's a fair chance we'll be no better than this season after all the hype and we'll be minus the player who did most over the last few weeks to keep us up. Big shame.

I don't see us getting J Jones, think he will end up back at Schalke. I'd be happy to add reo coker, Ba and Larsson all on free's. That would mean shifting the likes of Benjani and Andrews off the wage bill which is no bad thing.

This morning's LT makes for depressing reading. Benjani about to be offered a new deal is bad enough. However, Kean then states that we need two strikers and a midfield player. Which most would agree with. However when he states it would be "fantastic" to get deals done to sign Mame Biram Diouf, Roque Santa Cruz and Jermaine Jones, I not sure many would agree. While I fully accept that we need to get Jones on board as soon as possible the fact remains that should Diouf and Santa Cruz be signed we will end up with a similiar squad to last season. If the former loanees don't sign Kean admits that two strikers and a midfield player are still his priorities - but elsewhere in the paper he continues to express his interest in 34-year-old and injury prone van Nistelrooy, presumably as an option to Santa Cruz.

Under these circumstances it would be vital to keep the likes of Samba, Phil Jones and Hoilett at Ewood Park and yet, who could blame them for wanting to move on if Kean can't improve the quality within the squad.

I am going to wait and see with regards our budget.

We have Formica and Rochina to look forward to next season they will be like new summer signings.

Kalinic, Roberts, Benjani...mmm we need a 15 goal a season man- they are not it. RVN, suppose he is a goalscorer and will come with no fee.

I do feel we will sell a key player, all a matter of where that money ends up.

The sensible option imy, I'm with you, pity some posters are already reaching for the noose :D

We can only go on what Kean tells the media. I have no reason to believe that he is not telling the truth when he says he wants to sign Benjani. I have no reason not to believe him when he says that Diouf, Jones and Santa Cruz are players he would like to sign permanently. Are you suggesting that he is not telling us the truth Gav?

"Benjani offered a new deal"

Potentially the worst sign of how this summer could be...

One of the major fears I had when news came out that Kean was being kept on. Benjani, Roberts and Roque looking like our strikeforce again next season. Well if that's the case has no right to complain about the lack of goals next season.

This morning's LT makes for depressing reading. Benjani about to be offered a new deal is bad enough. However, Kean then states that we need two strikers and a midfield player. Which most would agree with.

The whole universe knows we don't have enough quality upfront. The only one of those forwards that could potentially score a few goals is M Diouf and at least he offers pace but compared to the likes od Demba Ba, he isn't a great option.

Steve Morison anyone?

Desperate to leave Millwall and has risen to the challenge everytime he's stepped up the football ladder.

Could be worth a gamble at only £2 million.

6 foot 2 and certainly knows where the goal is...

We can only go on what Kean tells the media. I have no reason to believe that he is not telling the truth when he says he wants to sign Benjani. I have no reason not to believe him when he says that Diouf, Jones and Santa Cruz are players he would like to sign permanently. Are you suggesting that he is not telling us the truth Gav?

No answer as yet. Funny that!

Steve Morison anyone?

Desperate to leave Millwall and has risen to the challenge everytime he's stepped up the football ladder.

Could be worth a gamble at only £2 million.

6 foot 2 and certainly knows where the goal is...

Think he has gone as far as he can really in terms of progression. No doubting he's a good player but not of the level we need.

If our transfer budget is so limited we should make it a priority to sign the likes of Ba on a free and Nigel Reo Coker (even though his wage demands maybe excessive). Talk of Benjani and Roque fills me with dread.

Archived