BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a couple of weeks before our next match, and that is a crucial period for a new manager.

Form is temporary, class or lack thereof is permanent. Even if we hammer Blackpool 5-0 which we wont, it will be the wolf in sheeps clothing come the next game.

This is the problem, I've read a number of names mentioned on the other thread that would be good appointments but in my opinion not one would take the job in this situation. We can't just appoint someone just because they aren't Steve Kean. There simply may not be anyone out there who is available, suitable and would actually take the job this late in the season with a club in freefall.

I bet Di Matteo would take the job in this situation, he's more experience than Kean and had West Brom playing some good football, he would tick all the boxes for Venky's ;)

If we beat Blackpool, he is still going to get nowt out of the Arsenal away game 2 weeks later, we need to get rid of now ! Then hopefully we can get a manager in who can galvanise the squad.

i heard that mrs D offered kean two options last night, to either work with a experienced director of football above him who would pick the team etc, or be demoted..

he refused both offers..

but yet he gets to keep his job

If we beat Blackpool, he is still going to get nowt out of the Arsenal away game 2 weeks later, we need to get rid of now ! Then hopefully we can get a manager in who can galvanise the squad.

I don't remember a manager in recent history who got too many points at Arsenal, so who is this messiah you are thinking of.

You're making me laugh today, first the avatar now this :lol:

I thought about clicking 'Back' because I feel it would affect the players especially when we played well yesterday. I also think about when they said Avram Grant had 2/3 games left but they've stuck with him and it looks to be paying off for West Ham. With only a few games left we can't wait 2/3 games so I changed my mind and clicked 'Sack' because we need an experienced manager and Kean is neither experienced or a manager ;)

:blink:

Not 5 hours ago this poster said we shouldn't sack him...a prime example of women never being able to make up their bloody minds :rolleyes::P

:blink:

Not 5 hours ago this poster said we shouldn't sack him...a prime example of women never being able to make up their bloody minds :rolleyes::P

I explained why I changed my mind :P

Di Matteo FTW ;)

Should he be sacked? Yes. Is he going to be sacked? Probably not...so lets get behind the team against Blackpool. Yes we are on a very poor run but we have won games under him. We need a win ASAP! Avram Grant has turned it around at WHU.

If we stay up this season then sack him the day after the season ends.

If we get another manager in and we get relegated we could have had Big Sam, Kean, another manager and then another in the space of a season. That is not good for a club like ourselves.

Should Venky's bring another manager in - then we need a MOTIVATOR with experience of saving clubs in this position. Who is best for that? :wacko:

He has to go before it is too late, this is quite obvious. I don't have any belief in this guy and if he doesn't have the backing of supporters then it's time to leave. Venky's need to come out and say something because the guessing game is getting a little frustrating.

Who are the seven?

I honestly want to know the reasons for keeping him.

1) The players seem to have taken to him after initially showing concern at his appointment. Sacking him now will harm morale and could do more harm than good. Lots of players have just signed new contracts and to say he doesn't have the players support is ludicrous.

2) Many of our problems have been down to individual errors and can't be attributed to the manager.

3) We were unlucky to lose against Fulham and if we'd nicked it with a last minute dodgy penalty, the same sensationalist panic merchants on here would be saying how well we played and how we may have turned the corner.

Yes, it has been poor, but we had some dire performances under Allardyce this season. Kean should be given the Blackpool game and if we capitulate then he should go. Personally I think we'll win the match, yet worry that anything could happen if we sack him.

I don't think he should ever have been appointed, but he's in charge now and we should give him at least one more (winnable) game.

This is Paul Ince all over again. Difference being is deferring the reality of the situation for an extra match gives us less than 10 games to salvage the season, whilst Allardyce had half a season that time around.

Do we really need another defeat to sack him?

Played:12

W3

D2

L7

Points = 11 (0.917 points per game)

GD 15-22

Clearly relegation form.

With 9 matches left we should get another 8 points at this rate, taking us to 40.

I'll refrain from voting, was about to vote "back" but I don't really mean it.

Can't sack him either since I don't believe we can get anyone better to come in to take over in this situation.

Venky's need sacking though, I'll vote for that.

i heard that mrs D offered kean two options last night, to either work with a experienced director of football above him who would pick the team etc, or be demoted..

he refused both offers..

but yet he gets to keep his job

Surely the other option is he is placed on gardening leave until the season is over and then he is released from his contract.

Archived