BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've voted 'back'. For me he still has 3 games.

what are your reason for you to back him?

what happens if we lose the next 3 games?

also I admire you for saying that you back him and your reasons and are willing to say why.

I will not agree but football is about different views.

Good on you dopper, don't you think that is a vagine hair too close for comfort if he hoses those three games too?

In short, I think that we need to at least see the season out with Keane.

We are quickly becoming a club in which much of the footballing world is too happy to 'attack' whether it be for lack of ambition or for having too much ambition.

Can you not remember the fallout from the press after the last young manager we sacked with barley 20 games played? What decent up and coming manager (lets face it we will not be able to get an established premier league manager) would want to go and work for a club with little money and patience?

Can someone who knows Cryer and / or Plunkett get them to run a similar poll in the LT.

The more pressure the better!

What decent up and coming manager (lets face it we will not be able to get an established premier league manager) would want to go and work for a club with little money and patience?

IMO, this did not, does not and never will describe Kean in any way, shape or form!!!!

Excellent thread. Let's have a vote so we can identify and harangue anyone who votes 'no'. Col Gaddaffi would have been proud.

As usual, it's only half a question. "...and replace with a top notch, vastly experienced manager who can pick up the reins immediately and have the players total respect" might get bigger majority than "...and let Mrs Desai promote Brunskill after 4 weeks of fannying around."

We are quickly becoming a club in which much of the footballing world is too happy to 'attack' whether it be for lack of ambition or for having too much ambition.

Can you not remember the fallout from the press after the last young manager we sacked with barley 20 games played? What decent up and coming manager (lets face it we will not be able to get an established premier league manager) would want to go and work for a club with little money and patience?

Ranieri would have come, thats for sure, instead we are left with a coach impersonating a manager who is bereft of common sense, how many managers would haul off the most effective player on the pitch at 2- 2 please answer that and its not just this last game, he is all over the place and has no tactical nous whatsoever.

Next season will be too late, Venkys have no cash, let me repeat this, they have no more cash to throw at the club!!!

My vote is to back Kean, I would have preferred to have Allardyce here but that time has passed. Clubs that dump their managers at the frequency being desired by many on this board rarely have success.

It's not an easy choice but I don't see a ready replacement who can make the impact desired. the Fulham game had at least a more balanced team, a good effort and should have had at least a point if some of the forwards could finish and Clattenburg hadn't been influenced by previous incidents.

Blackpool is critical, if we want Rovers to stay up then the worst thing we can do is to organise some foolish protests. If that is deemed important by anybody save them for after the game and if we win then forget about them.

There is one good reason for backing the team 100%, including the manager, it's that the next few games are critical. The fans can play a huge part by remaining commited and loud in a positive manner.

I want Rovers to succeed and I refuse to fantasise about where we might be with another manager, a new set of owners, Jack rising from the grave et flipping cetera. The time for change is in the summer, come what may. We might even be surprised if Kean does turn it around .....

So its an image thing? I can understand that. I also remember the fallout, but there was more to that and we did replace him with a very proven manager.

Our owners could get out of this and save face if they say that Kean is just another part of the cancer that had grown in our club with the bad advice and they have to cut it out to save the clubs life.

The ball is in their hands either way. Although I don't agree I do respect your argument.

I have never detected so much anger, depression and despair about what is going on. If this MB is representative of Ewood's 20,000 regulars, then the club and team is in huge trouble. You simply cannot lose the loyal support in this fashion.

Actually history may go on to show that you are about 3 weeks too late in that assessment.

Possibly unless Venkys grow a pair and ASAP. I guess the sad thing about all this is that if they keep Gollum and trust him with the ring and we somehow stay up they'll think they have proved us all wrong. Next season will then roll around and when Kean starts on 0 points we'll go down with less points than Derby did.

Guest linganzi

the most frustrating thing is the futility of this poll, what we think doesnt seem to matter, either the owners are too proud to go back on their bold decisions, or they continue to make bad decisions on bad advice. Im not ruling that out as if some are to be believed kean acted as andersons henchman and attacked from within the club, stabbing sam in the back, and helping clear his legacy, including not backing diouf when the media turned on us based on some overblown hearsay from neil warnock. He has gone on to hood wink Desai with some good talk, she admits its not her area. It seems he has lost the players too, he looked on mute as givet flew at clattenberg like the ref had stolen gaels last mini babybell. Samba has been lost too, perhaps playing like he is carrying the weight of not only the bad dcision he made with his contract but also whats going on behind the scenes.

His signings are absurd, even Alan Nixon saw the RSC farce from a mile away, jones well I dont know, what are his wages. Rochina and formica, well what have we seen of them? I dont think kean saw much of them before signing, and the latter well, I dont think we will see much as perhaps the penny has dropped that he is just another youtube sensation.

The other frustrating thing that is equally futile is we are hearing a lot of word that Desai has told him that its not right and options have been offered, he has refused both options and yet things stay the same. who is the boss?

a good effort and should have had at least a point if some of the forwards could finish and Clattenburg hadn't been influenced by previous incidents.

We were lucky - there were two clear penalty incidents that ref missed. It could have been 4 or 5 to our 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranieri would have come, thats for sure, instead we are left with a coach impersonating a manager who is bereft of common sense, how many managers would haul off the most effective player on the pitch at 2- 2 please answer that and its not just this last game, he is all over the place and has no tactical nous whatsoever.

Next season will be too late, Venkys have no cash, let me repeat this, they have no more cash to throw at the club!!!

Ranieri isn't going to galvanise a sinking ship and salvage our season.

If Venkys have no money, as you allude, then how do you expect them to pay severance to a Manager with 2 years left on his contract whilst coming up with additional funding for a manager in the mould of Ranieri?

The only people who are voting for Kean are either;

Burnley fans

Steve Kean

Mrs Desai

Sam Allardyce

Trolls

Now there is a logical argument to persuade me to share your views Ferrit, then again perhaps not. No doubt those who back Kean for our misguided belief that it is the best choice at a difficult time will be harangued and abused. That seems to be the way some folk like to think they can have a discussion.

I understand why people want him to go, my view is we are already committed and a change now is a bigger gamble.

Based on what? He was coaching in the Championship before we got him. He was on the dole as well - why did no other clubs go for him if he's so good? Sam obviously thought he was less competent than Neil McDonald.

We're probably the best club he's been at in his whole career. If he's such a great coach he would've been at bigger clubs in his career, instead of Fulham/Coventry etc.

Yeh he's that sh:t at coaching that Big Sam wouldn't let him leave the training ground before he'd signed a contract.....sounds shocking doesn't he.

Personally; I'd rather listen to Sam's professional opinion than some nobody's on a messageboard

I, like other Rovers fans at the moment, am pretty upset about how things are rolling out at the minute. But I think we should back Kean.

It's all well and good asking for him to be sacked and setting up polls but at the end of the day I have not heard one single person come out with a reasonable suggestion as to who we could replace Kean with. That's why I think this thread is pretty useless.

It's all well and good saying 'Kean out' etc, but what happens next? John Jensen takes charge? Have you even thought about who the next man could be? At least Kean knows the players and has been working with them for a few years. He has a few wins, we were good at Fulham and the ref cheated us out of a point.

I am perfectly willing to hear your arguments and reasons for letting Kean go, but if you can't even think of a real replacement for him then stop moaning and get behind the team!

And to those who want MON, Maradona, Ranieri - we all know those are not viable options. Give me a genuine replacement, someone who is willing to take the job despite the dangerous situation we are in, and who will keep us up. Then I accept your reasoning. Otherwise, show Kean some support because he's our only option right now.

I know I will get slated for what I have said, but at the end of the day, if you take a step back and look at the situation, not one of you has offered a solution to Kean. Put up or shut up.

Oh and I shall add - I voted 'back' and have given my reasons for doing so.

I've been a well documented, and rather vocal, supporter of Kean, but I must admit that I am completely in favour of getting rid of him. I applaud his efforts to get us to play 'better' football (something that I would hope a new manager would continue), but his team selections, tactics and substitutions have been totally clueless over the past few weeks.

we were good at Fulham and the ref cheated us out of a point. No he didn't, you obviously did not see the other two calls for penalties (Samba first half & Hanley second half) that were incorrectly NOT GIVEN.

Fans protest, will it help? I don't know, but I will say it again, our fans are far too nice for my liking at the moment. We do need a few to get some banners going, make some noise and try and force the owners hand. Kean must go, and he must go NOW! If he had any sense of respect for this club, then he should do the right thing and walk away.

Venkys are to blame, and now that things are going bad, they look like like caving in themselves. Who got us into this mess? Not just Kean, but the people that put him there. The same people that sacked a good manager, and who were the cause of a great chairman to walk away.

Its a sad sad state of affairs right now, and I cannot believe that they will continue with Kean. It will be a ridiculous decision imo, and just goes to show how clueless and stupid they are. Sack a manager who got us 10th and a cup semi, but keep a rookie with a worse record

I, like other Rovers fans at the moment, am pretty upset about how things are rolling out at the minute. But I think we should back Kean.

It's all well and good asking for him to be sacked and setting up polls but at the end of the day I have not heard one single person come out with a reasonable suggestion as to who we could replace Kean with. That's why I think this thread is pretty useless.

It's all well and good saying 'Kean out' etc, but what happens next? John Jensen takes charge? Have you even thought about who the next man could be? At least Kean knows the players and has been working with them for a few years. He has a few wins, we were good at Fulham and the ref cheated us out of a point.

I am perfectly willing to hear your arguments and reasons for letting Kean go, but if you can't even think of a real replacement for him then stop moaning and get behind the team!

And to those who want MON, Maradona, Ranieri - we all know those are not viable options. Give me a genuine replacement, someone who is willing to take the job despite the dangerous situation we are in, and who will keep us up. Then I accept your reasoning. Otherwise, show Kean some support because he's our only option right now.

I know I will get slated for what I have said, but at the end of the day, if you take a step back and look at the situation, not one of you has offered a solution to Kean. Put up or shut up.

Oh and I shall add - I voted 'back' and have given my reasons for doing so.

My views entirely, I see no ready, sensible alternative.

Archived