BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

i woke up this morning hoping that this clown would be sacked by now. still can't believe he is in charge still. must have done alot of sucking up to the owners big time.

we have to hope that tomorrow he's gone! will be listening to talksport hoping for the news he's been sacked!

Don't hold your breath Chaddy.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the logic in what Bazza and TCJ say, but I have to disagree. Kean has proven himself out his depth to such an extent that even keeping him by default is as big a gamble as getting rid and finding someone else. The defence is non-existant, the players' morale seems shot to pieces, the tactics are odd and there is never a plan B during a game.

I could understand people defending him if he was a manager, but he isn't. We do not have a manager right now, we need one. Simple as that..

Go on, you're only ramping

You turn me on, but you're only ramping

You turn me on, but don't get me wrong

You're only ramping..................................................................... :angry2:

One final thought from me on this thread for the evening.

When Sam was sacked there was a logical caretaker in-house available in Kean.

If Kean is sacked there is no logical successor inside the Rovers structure unless we step deep into the bowels of the management organisation. There is no Tony Parkes on the scene.

If you take the road of sack Kean then we must lose Jensen as well. So we then take a couple of weeks to get a new man in, it then takes him another four weeks to get his ideas across to the team. On that basis he might actually have a real influence on 3 or 4 of the remaining 9 fixtures. Precious little time, Kean would have as much chance to get points on the board to keep us up.

We have to play the game with the cards we have been dealt. Get to the end of this season and then we consider making a change. If we are in the Premiership or the Championship we make a decision during summer. Make it now and I think we tilt the odds towards relegation, not away from it.

By this time tomorrow we should have a clearer indication of what is going on. My experience of dealing with Venky's representatives is that quite often they do not have up to date information, the family really only tell them on a need to know basis, so it is entirely possible that Venky's representatives are working from information that is out of date.

Of course if Kean is not sacked tomorrow then it would reasonable to assume that Venky's are backing him, if that is the case then we the fans can't really do much about it. After that it is extremely important the manager, players and fans all focus on the Blackpool game, it is HUGE for the club, I would go as far as to say that it is one of the most important games in our recent history, it's a match that we simply have to win, relegation will be an utter disaster and it could lead to some serious problems.

If Kean is sacked there is no logical successor inside the Rovers structure unless we step deep into the bowels of the management organisation. There is no Tony Parkes on the scene.

Apart from Tony Parkes, apparently- someone on here replied to me yesterday saying that he's still involved with the youth set-up or scouting on a part-time basis.

By this time tomorrow we should have a clearer indication of what is going on. My experience of dealing with Venky's representatives is that quite often they do not have up to date information, the family really only tell them on a need to know basis, so it is entirely possible that Venky's representatives are working from information that is out of date.

Of course if Kean is not sacked tomorrow then it would reasonable to assume that Venky's are backing him, if that is the case then we the fans can't really do much about it. After that it is extremely important the manager, players and fans all focus on the Blackpool game, it is HUGE for the club, I would go as far as to say that it is one of the most important games in our recent history, it's a match that we simply have to win, relegation will be an utter disaster and it could lead to some serious problems.

I think you've heard the same as me.

I hope with every ounce of my being that it is out of date.

This thread is hysterical.

I voted back for the simple reason there is no time to make a serious change.

Our hope has to be in the players. They can save the club then Kean and the Raos will go in the summer.......and I'm sure they will.

Go on, you're only ramping

You turn me on, but you're only ramping

You turn me on, but don't get me wrong

You're only ramping..................................................................... :angry2:

Sorry but what are you on about? None of your posts seem to make sense other than some sort of dig at someone you disagree with.

Anyway, I think Kean will hang on until the end for the reasons Roversider mentioned a few posts ago.

One final thought from me on this thread for the evening.

When Sam was sacked there was a logical caretaker in-house available in NEIL McDONALD

So why did they not use him, pro license, had managed before, no they went for a puppet yes man who cant manage!!

We need a change.We need a change of ownership.

Take a look at Charlton, Barnsley, Bradford etc

Thats where we are heading.

Will meet you all down here for a pint when we we play Cheltenham.

IThe defence is non-existant, the players' morale seems shot to pieces, the tactics are odd and there is never a plan B during a game.

I watched MOTD and I thought morale was great. I agree about the rest.

sack now

incompetent manager and incompetent owners are relegating us

yet again we have not built on any progress we had made by selling to football ignorant jack-the-lads who appointed a silver-tongued fool, and so continue to yo yo up and down the premiership and likely the premiership to championship

year after year the most painful thing is the hope

As things stand, I think the most 3 vulnerable clubs are Rovers, Wigan & Blackpool. The common denominator is that all 3 have the least experienced managers in PL terms.

Watched Wolves on MOTD and impressed.

Our last 3 games are Hammers away (Grant is wily though not exciting), United home and Wolves (McCarthy has the experience, determination and drive) away.

Stick or twist - IMO, Kean is a frightened rabbit caught in the glare of the headlights.

It just has to change.

Some names mentioned are just ridiculous (Benitez etc). If Venkys wont eat humble pie (Sam) then I'd go for Souness for the fire and Macdonald as his No2 (Macca knows the players and is an organiser and excellent tactician).

Tony Parkes is a part time scout by the way. Not sure he'd be interested in saving our arses for a seventh time though!

Oh yes he would !

TP is itching to get back in the game in a more involved capacity. He did think Larry had something for him at Leeds but, so far, it hasn't materialised.

Going to bed.

If Kean isn't fired tomorrow then everything I've heard today is true and i'll be gutted.

If Kean is fired tomorrow then it will once again show that Venkys are all over the place which is equally as worrying.

Do the right thing Mrs Desai.

Going to bed.

If Kean isn't fired tomorrow then everything I've heard today is true and i'll be gutted.

If Kean is fired tomorrow then it will once again show that Venkys are all over the place which is equally as worrying.

Do the right thing Mrs Desai.

Going off what you've said here I'm not entirely sure what you want them to do! If they get rid of him then Kean is in for one heck of a payday. Kaching!

They won't though. He'll be there till the end of the season and when we are relegated he better get the heck our of Lancashire!

Archived