BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot worse than a battling performance coming from behind twice and losing to a dodgy penalty against an in-form Fulham side. After Villa I thought he had had to go and there was no way back but yesterday there were signs of real fight from the players and the team he put out looked better than Fulham on the day IMO. Some people are talking like they want to lose against Blackpool to get Kean out... I thought Sam Allardyce was by far and away the best manager we could have had and was gutted when he left but we are in this situation now and I will back him for the Blackpool game and if that goes wrong, which I dont think it will after yesterdays performance, I'd look for a replacement.

Has I have said before that MO'N wouldn't be able to take charge of rovers because he is still in dispute with Villa over his pay off. And you are not allow to join another club until this is sorted!

Well, as I sad, I don't want him anyway! But why is Ranieri regarded as unviable? Genuine question.

I think he should be sacked because:

He can't put points on the board. Averaging less than 1 point per PL match is relegation form.

We are quickly becoming a club in which much of the footballing world is too happy to 'attack' whether it be for lack of ambition or for having too much ambition.

Can you not remember the fallout from the press after the last young manager we sacked with barley 20 games played? What decent up and coming manager (lets face it we will not be able to get an established premier league manager) would want to go and work for a club with little money and patience?

We will never be popular with the press. And I'd rather be effective than popular in any event.

As far the team manager goes it's Curbishley or Hughton for me - either would give us a chance this year or be well qualified in an immediate bounce back attempt. However pursuading anyone to join a such a laughing stock that currently exists will not be easy, and certanly expensive - even for someone who is unemployed!

Curbishley and Hughton could both do the job and should be avaialble.

At this point I'd take anyone with any managerial experience. What is Maradona up to? :blink:

I haven't voted because I haven't seen Rovers in weeks and, whilst i believe those on here who say we are playing badly and the manager is not really managing I feel I can only vote on what I've seen myself. I wanted Kean to succeed as that would have been success for Rovers, however he'd got the job and whather he deserved it or not. We're looking increasingly unlikely to pull out the results we need to stay in the Premier league and that makes it very hard to continue to back the manager. However, as others have said - who would come? Who would put their reputation on the line and join a club that are now looking among the favourites for relegation. You'd have to be very brave or very sure of your own position and worth to be willing to take us on at this moment. I'd like to see Kean go if we could be sure that there was a suitable replacement. I was never an Allardyce fan and wasn't sorry to see him go on one level, but I seriously questioned the timing of his dismissal and the fact that we had nobody lined up to replace him before the sacking, and I feel a bit like that now. I don't really want Kean and can't vote back, although I'll be at Ewood backing my team next home game, but I can't vote sack unless there is a real alternative to him and, as others have said, what does what we vote matter anyway - the message doesn't seem to get through to Mrs Desai anyway.

it's impertive that we support / get behind our team if we are to remain in prem ad it's certainly looking more difficult each time we get nil points ! and when season over we,l find out our destiny . not Many clubs listen / benifit from demonstrations outside ground , it would make headlines and us laughing stock even more? not the kind of attention venkys had in mind regarding publicity ? Guess I'm saying we got stick together as non rovers fans will make a mockery of us ( media ) etc hopefully kean won't be our manager nxt season and maybe tomorrow ? wait and see is all we can do . I just hope venkys respect out club and make better future discisions. without fans at games equals no revenue and catastrophe ! rovers til we die x

ps i actually quite like Ian holloway as a motivational manager . tugay could help kean out for remaining games . show him passion and perhaps lock him in cubpoard on match days

But Tugay isn't a manager or even an established coach.

I love him and I'd love to see him at Ewood one day, but lets not let hearts rule our heads.

There's too much at stake.

There is a lot worse than a battling performance coming from behind twice and losing to a dodgy penalty against an in-form Fulham side. After Villa I thought he had had to go and there was no way back but yesterday there were signs of real fight from the players and the team he put out looked better than Fulham on the day IMO. Some people are talking like they want to lose against Blackpool to get Kean out... I thought Sam Allardyce was by far and away the best manager we could have had and was gutted when he left but we are in this situation now and I will back him for the Blackpool game and if that goes wrong, which I dont think it will after yesterdays performance, I'd look for a replacement.

What are you doing posting here you sound far too sane for that. You also pretty much echo my sentiments too though I do not claim to be sane, I've followed this shower far too long for that

When Allardyce left the saying 'if it aint broke don't fix it' was widely used. Nothing was 'broke' then, but it's certainly bloody broke now! How on earth could a new manager have a "further detrimental effect" when we are currently rock bottom of the Prem form table for goodness sake?

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to rem that you were one of his fiercest critics so how do you like the new circumstances that BRFC have found themselves in?

You are wrong, so I will correct you.

When Hughes left I was against Allardyce because of the kind of football he played (however, I was by no means in favour of Ince either). When things were looking dire, I was supported the decision to bring in Sam. I thought he did a great job to keep us up, that he'd bought well, blooded in youngsters, and that we were progressing well. I was very much against his sacking.

I've voiced these opinions several times so I've got no idea where you got that from. I actually find your question quite irritating.

When Sam was sacked and Kean came in, backed with funds and promising entertaining football, I was cautiously optimistic. I realise now that the decision was a terrible one.

In regard to bringing in a new manager. I'm not necessarily advocating sticking with Kean, I just don't think a new manager would be able to come in, wave a magic wand and make everything better - not with 9 games to go, anyway. Another change of manager could make our current downturn terminal.

In regard to bringing in a new manager. I'm not necessarily advocating sticking with Kean, I just don't think a new manager would be able to come in, wave a magic wand and make everything better - not with 9 games to go, anyway. Another change of manager could make our current downturn terminal.

Agreed.

This is exactly what I meant in a previous post.

I am firmly in the fire Kean camp. Results had been dire and football not much better. ANY new manager coming in will have the new manager effect and as we have only 9 games left that alone should carry us across the finish line. I sincerely hope that Venkys don't live to regret this decision.

I was there yesterday and, yes, it was an improved performance.

However, we lost AGAIN.

Whatever the circumstances it's ultimately a results business.

I remember people saying Ince should be given more time because we played ok in a 3-1 home defeat to Liverpool.

i woke up this morning hoping that this clown would be sacked by now. still can't believe he is in charge still. must have done alot of sucking up to the owners big time.

we have to hope that tomorrow he's gone! will be listening to talksport hoping for the news he's been sacked!

Archived