BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

I didn't quite beleive the rumours that Steve Kean got the job by stabbing Big Sam in the back and I'm still not convinced he did now. I do think 'someone' did though and that 'someone' may have well helped get SK his job. Who would have stuck the knife in to Big Sam to the owners and had their ear? Who would have suggested SK for the job and pushed SK to take the trip to India behind JW's back? Who would have had SK in his pocket and beholden to him by 'getting' him this job? Who would have gained financially because of having 'his' man in position and by putting him there? All of this is speculation of course...

Eeeh thats a tough one. Could it be someone with a blocked nose perhaps? ^_^

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about bringing Big Sam back, what aload of tosh! Why on god green earth would he help Venkys? They humiliated him and the best chairman in the league why would he want to be apart of that again! Sam enjoyed his time here but he has moved on I'm afraid, we need to acknowledge the general football supporter didn't give two hoots about BRFC before Venkys and now will most probably see us as the skid mark on the underpants of the Premiership now which has extended it welcome.

We have a double edged sword here people, we have a novice manager who at this moment in time would have to admit he has no backing from the owners, the fans, more than likely the players, and doesn't have a chairmen to get any reassurances from.

I don't think the players should get away without some questioning either though, we all wrongly assume our players hurt as much as we do after a defeat, wake up! The majority of our squad want to be Premiership players and for me I believe they don't care whether its Blackburn or Blackpool they play for. There are exceptions to that ie as mentioned above Robbo, Nelson etc but the main want to be Premiership players and mark my words they will continue to be if we go down.

snapback.pngPaul, on 06 March 2011 - 23:44 PM, said:

They can save the club then Kean and the Raos will go in the summer.......and I'm sure they will.

Why are you so sure?

The trust were looking to sell the club for years, where are the Raos going to find a buyer from?

They are almost certainly at an advanced stage in planning their exit strategy, they have only coffed up 23 mill to buy the club, they can raise that and walk away without a loss to themselves personally, there would be no Blackburn Rovers left of course

One thing that really struck me from the JW dismissal was that our owners ran back home before it all came out, supposedly ending their trip short in the process. For me to run a football club you need to be strong both mentally and of character.

If it's all true that Mrs D came here with the intent of sacking Kean and then was turned by his pipers tune, then I do not believe they display the traits that are required to make the tough or right decisions.

I truly sit here wondering how much of an influence 'saving face' is having in all of this as given Venky's words about 'super kean' they are going to look very foolish should they sack the unsackable man. How much of their thought process at present is based around what is best for Rovers and what makes them look best in the worlds media?

My reason for voting back is simple: I don't think Venky's would (be able to?) bring anyone in. So for me it's Kean & Jensen OR Jensen. I'll go with Kean & Jensen.

Well if it helps I'll do it for free until the end of the season with a trusted assistant (if anyone has some time on their hands between now and May). I reckon I could do a better job and be as nice to the press. ;)

Seeing as we have paid up Sam's contract (great move btw), could we get him back for free as we have already paid him :tu:

I question whether Venky’s understand, at all, the severity of our situation. This is very serious now, a critical time and the financial implications of relegation would likely be disastrous.

All the hard work over a number of years from various people could be flushed down the toilet due to their complete and shameful ownership.

Apologies if anyone's already asked this - but if we do manage to stay up with Kean in charge, are Venkys really going to stick with a manager who almost got us relegated? Given that they see us as a top six (or seven) club - surely they don't need advisors to see that he has taken us in the wrong direction.

Sweet, so for showing the passion and that you care, you fine the player. How was Givet suppose to know, that idiot would send him off? This is how you bring the team together, you fine them and then further ###### them off.

I voted 'back' for the reasons already stated by several people. Namely,that any change now has absolutely no guarantee of success and could indeed back-fire spectacularly.This doesn't mean I'm unconcerned because I am,it just doesn't mean other people have the right to the moral high ground.

I believe we have enough about us to get two more wins and wouldn't be surprised to see 38 points being enough.We obviously then need to re-evaluate big time in the summer.

I'm sure you're right that we are capable of getting 2 more wins, but I'm really not sure Kean is capable of getting them for us. I'm certainly not confident of his being able to get the 10 points he highlighted we need.Of course, I accept I could be wrong.

I'm also sure the vast majority of posters who want Kean removed now are not intending to bully people with different opinions-although it might seem so to the people who feel they are being bullied.I suspect they are really intrigued as to why others have voted "back".

My interpretation of their reasoning is not that they are totally in favour of Kean, but that they feel there is no benefit of sacking him now.

steve kean couldnt manage a ###### up in a brewery, did anyone see the substitute bench on sat! he then brings on that new kid which it clearly wasn't a game for him to be playing his first mins of english football! he looked like a lost puppy out there......

SACK KEAN

Pity the Trust didn't enter into an agreement to sell to Venkys but taking effect in May. That is about the only way they could have guaranteed the stability we needed to see out the season almost certainly finishing top half.

No chance of that of course.

Eh? Thats absolute rubbish. How on earth could it 'backfire spectacularly' yeti dog? We've managed a rather fluky single point out of the last 15 played for, worst of all only one club (Spurs) out of those 5 actually above us in the table when we played them!!!! We are rock bottom of the form league now! How could that possibly worsen for goodness sake?

The disaster has happened and is ongoing. Any change simply could not worsen our situation could it?

Thanks for the considered response as always Theno...much appreciated.You've pretty much proven the other point I was making- ie,you don't like my opinion therefore it's 'rubbish'.Clearly I'll now change my point of view to fit in with the world according to thenodrog.

This my only hope too Paul.

But out of the current squad I'd only back perhaps Robbo, Salgado, Jones and most importantly Nelsen to give a flying s*** about our club. To a lesser extent Givet and Roberts, but you get my point. Samba as our Captain is a joke.

90% of them will not lose much professional pride over relegation IMO.

Samba couldn't care less about the dog fight we are in as he and his agent both know he will be playing top flight football next season! even if he has signed a new contract!

One thing that really struck me from the JW dismissal was that our owners ran back home before it all came out, supposedly ending their trip short in the process. For me to run a football club you need to be strong both mentally and of character.

If it's all true that Mrs D came here with the intent of sacking Kean and then was turned by his pipers tune, then I do not believe they display the traits that are required to make the tough or right decisions.

I truly sit here wondering how much of an influence 'saving face' is having in all of this as given Venky's words about 'super kean' they are going to look very foolish should they sack the unsackable man. How much of their thought process at present is based around what is best for Rovers and what makes them look best in the worlds media?

Of course no-one on this board really know what has happened.

However, if she has come over to sack Kean, I can't see how the issue of saving face can come into it.

I suspect he has highlighted all the reasons why we haven't done as well as he wanted and has convinced her to keep him on longer becuase he will produce the results.

Now Maji, you and I realise this is highly unlikely but it probably difficult for Mrs Desai, who in the beginning, certainly, came over as an impressive character, to ask the right questions of him.

Thanks for the considered response as always Theno...much appreciated.You've pretty much proven the other point I was making- ie,you don't like my opinion therefore it's 'rubbish'.Clearly I'll now change my point of view to fit in with the world according to thenodrog.

He has a point though. Perhaps you could address it. How could a change of manager back-fire spectacularly given our present situation? Aren't we on a spectacularly bad run-----1 point form 15 and all that?

It comes out to be personal pride, not love for the club. You can always tell which players have that extra fire in their belly and it has nothing to do with the club, the love for the club, or the fans. Its about them as individuals. The only players with a genuine love for the club would be Dunn & Jones (if at all).

Otherwise, I would only name Nelsen, Givet, Salgado, Emerton, Robinson, & Jermain Jones as a handful of players with that fire in their stomachs. El Hadji Diouf definitely had it too. Dont count on anyone else in that squad to have it.

Agree, can't see another manager, having a worse record. Well, he could get 1 point out of 27, but I can't see that happening. Change in manager, will just have everybody pumped up. We have seen in the past, that when a new guy comes in, then results improve. Right now, everybody is feeling down. Kean Out!

Archived