BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

Very important….

"Absolutely, there is no question about it," Rao told Sky Sports, when asked whether Kean will remain at the club. "Other managers come and go, but he is very, very, very important." Rao also said it was "absolutely not" true that the Indian owners are already looking to offload the club

Where was it reported that they were interested in selling the club? Even if they were, who wants to buy the club. Are we going to try to persuade the walker trust to come back - be nice if we could.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers are going down faster than a Chelsea work experience kid around Ashley Cole and Steve Kean is less popular with the fans than Colonel Gaddaffi is with his people and yet Mrs D can't see that. Has Kean snuck a DVD of the 1995 season into her DVD player and told her she's watching the match live?

Oh and Admin can you correct the title of this thread and add the missing "When " from the start of the sentence.

That statement comes across as "up yours".

I have no words to convey how I feel about this whole situation. 50 years of my support and more importantly, Jack Walkers legacy falling to these idiots.

But of course, Howard Walker is 'gutted' at how things have turned out.

DO ME A FAVOUR Walkers! :angry2:

Unless god forbid they come up :unsure:

That is quite enough of that, this is horrid enough without the specter of that.

How does this happen? She owns a large successful business, Kean must have either a silver tongue or a very malleable one.

If you are in the middle of a desert, nothing around for miles, no chance of help, and you stand on a landmine do you starve to death with your foot on in? Or do you in the end dive to the side, take some action, and hope that by your action, survive?

I completely understand just how everyone is feeling at present because I am the same. Except for one thing ....it would be nothing less than suicidal to sack Kean at this point in the season. I don't care who was to take his place or how great a manager they have been at previous clubs, the fact is that they simply won't have enough time to change things around and get all the players used to yet another system and playing philosophy before the end of the season. The only one that might JUST have an outside chance would possibly be Tony Parkes, but even he has been so far away from the players on a day to day basis that I wouldn't give him any better chance than 1 in 1000. Anyone else no better than 1 in 10,000. I know thats probably a bit over the top but that is how I feel at present.

I am not saying that another manager would not possibly get lucky, but if he did succeed in avoiding the drop it would be entirely down to good luck and the efforts of the players rather than his good management skills. It takes more time than there is available for a new manager to REALLY CHANGE things permanently.

P.S. I forgot to consider the obvious one that would have by far the best chance of success namely Big Sam, but I think that although he could just possibly do it even at this late stage, the chances of either Venky's asking him back or him accepting together add up to a big fat ZERO!

One of our more intelligent, senior players shows some balls and phones Mrs D. and explains that, in reality, the players have no faith in Kean & Jensen and unless a new management team is brought in, relegation is inevitable.

Why would they? Any sign of trouble and they offer them a longer deal for more money without having earned it.

The bold bit has been my feeling since the Wigan game. To have fallen apart at the back as badly as we have is not due to bad luck or anything apart from poor management and a lack of belief in the current regime.

Very important….

"Absolutely, there is no question about it," Rao told Sky Sports, when asked whether Kean will remain at the club. "Other managers come and go, but he is very, very, very important." Rao also said it was "absolutely not" true that the Indian owners are already looking to offload the club

Given that I am not aware that anyone has publicly suggested that Venky's are putting Rovers up for sale, that is as good as a "For Sale" sign.

Don't worry Tashor, honestly.

I am sickened by Venkys statements. Yet again they are showing themselves to be bare faced liars. There is a wealth of information that proves Mrs Desai was in London this weekend.

All the facts are now in. The club is now facing a situation comparable to the Portsmouths of this world. It's going to come to light soon but we are in serious trouble. Blackburn Rovers are an aspect of my life i've always desperately tried to stay positive about but there is a clear reason why Kean is still in the job and let me be entirely clear about this...

Relegation is the end of this club. I hope someone is brave enough to post the decisions made over the weekend.

That statement comes across as "up yours".

I have no words to convey how I feel about this whole situation. 50 years of my support and more importantly, Jack Walkers legacy falling to these idiots.

I totally agree.

I am very annoyed that Kean is still here as manager! the guy is clueless and tactical weak.

anyway I will be supporting my team against Blackpool as always.

I totally agree.

I am very annoyed that Kean is still here as manager! the guy is clueless and tactical weak.

anyway I will be supporting my team against Blackpool as always.

It's important that we all get behind the team against Blackpool and make some noise! A negative atmosphere will do nobody any favours (except maybe Blackpool)!

COYB!!!

I am sickened by Venkys statements. Yet again they are showing themselves to be bare faced liars. There is a wealth of information that proves Mrs Desai was in London this weekend.

All the facts are now in. The club is now facing a situation comparable to the Portsmouths of this world. It's going to come to light soon but we are in serious trouble. Blackburn Rovers are an aspect of my life i've always desperately tried to stay positive about but there is a clear reason why Kean is still in the job and let me be entirely clear about this...

Relegation is the end of this club. I hope someone is brave enough to post the decisions made over the weekend.

Facts? In? Where? We know that Desai might've been in London over the weekend. What other "facts" there are?

Relegation would have been the end of the club under the Walkers as well, probably not a quick death but a death none the less. After years of not pumping money into the club when we were pushing for Europe there was virtually no chance of them putting money in to get us back up, we would have seen a slide down the leagues and the severe financial problems that would have brought.

Rovers look screwed. We have a squad full of rubbish, a coach not a manager leading them with nothing to suggest they can turn it around and no signs of any hope whatsoever.

It's going to take a miracle so start praying now.

Relegation would have been the end of the club under the Walkers as well, probably not a quick death but a death none the less. After years of not pumping money into the club when we were pushing for Europe there was virtually no chance of them putting money in to get us back up, we would have seen a slide down the leagues and the severe financial problems that would have brought.

Rovers look screwed. We have a squad full of rubbish, a coach not a manager leading them with nothing to suggest they can turn it around and no signs of any hope whatsoever.

It's going to take a miracle so start praying now.

It's not the same situation at all.

The Walker's would have not let the club die, Venkys have no emotional attachment to us at all. I'm not talking about sliding down the leagues here, I'm talking about lack of existence.

Who would know this BPF? If you have this information then PM me and I will post them and take the consequences - if someone is trying to f*** over my club, I will do what I can to stop it.

The Walker's would have not let the club die, Venkys have no emotional attachment to us at all. I'm not talking about sliding down the leagues here, I'm talking about lack of existence.

OK, so are you implying that we're going to be seriously in debt ala Portsmouth last season? Would we be going into Administration or something ?

I'm sorry, I'm just not into all this cloak and daggers stuff.

That bad??????

The Walkers didn't have any emotional attachment to the club either, that died when Jack left this earth.

I voted 'back' for the reasons already stated by several people. Namely,that any change now has absolutely no guarantee of success and could indeed back-fire spectacularly.This doesn't mean I'm unconcerned because I am,it just doesn't mean other people have the right to the moral high ground.

I believe we have enough about us to get two more wins and wouldn't be surprised to see 38 points being enough.We obviously then need to re-evaluate big time in the summer.

One other point,there's something of the playground bully about this thread;"Let's have a vote,but if you don't vote the way we want we'll denigrate you and demand you give your reasons so we can then ridicule you"...all feels a bit like McCarthyism to me..with a splash of the Salem Witch trials thrown in for good measure.

Pretty much how I see things too Yeti.

The Walkers didn't have any emotional attachment to the club either, that died when Jack left this earth. If you believe they would have funded the club to get us back up your delusional.

The only thing that matters now is that we stay up.

Archived