BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

Sack him, his decisions on Saturday led to our defeat.

Not a manager in a million years, any proper manager coming in could see us over the finishing line at this stage.

The longer it is left though, the harder it becomes.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all who voted back, this is why I voted sack, which decent manager/coach would withdraw the teams most effective player with the score at 2 - 2? its this nonsense along with other crazy decisions which tell me he is no use to Rovers in charge of the team.

At 2 - 2 Hoilett was probably the one spark who could have got us a third goal or as it happened an equaliser, totally baffling!

I would like to offer my apologies to BPF and agree with those who have pointed out what an inappropriate and pathetic post I made :( ..........................

It takes a big man to say sorry

To all who voted back, this is why I voted sack, which decent manager/coach would withdraw the teams most effective player with the score at 2 - 2? its this nonsense along with other crazy decisions which tell me he is no use to Rovers in charge of the team.

At 2 - 2 Hoilett was probably the one spark who could have got us a third goal or as it happened an equaliser, totally baffling!

There is no wrong or right answer in the vote I just interested in why people have voted which ever way they have voted.

Hoilett only just made the game after injury, no surprise he was subbed really.

OK, I'll step forward.

Statistics quite clearly show that replacing a manager as a panic measure very rarely works. There are exceptions to the rule, but I'd rather take my chances with Keane than letting someone completely unprepared (who exactly would that be BTW?) redoing everything from scratch and try to turn Rovers around in 10 games. The most probable outcome of that would be Rovers paying both the new manager and Keane their wages in the Championship next season.

How ridiculous is it that you back his passion then publicly say you will fine him?! :rolleyes:

Really ? I think Kean should go - but will defend him on this one. Though Clattenberg was unbelievably quick to show Givet a red card for something that top 4 clubs seem to get away with in every match - Givet showed a lack of discipline that will now mean we miss him for two key matches. IMO Kean is attempting to show that he will support passion by the players - but that there is a limit to what is acceptable. Personally I don't have a a problem with this - and is better than his initial post match interview when I thought he wasn't going to defend Givet. Personally I would like to see us try and get the red card over-turned - but it will never happen as his name isn't Rooney or Carragher.

I can't see one single reason to keep him on any longer. The reasons given by the people who want to back him are generally that they can't see who else can be brought in - and that's a fair position. The thing is, we're heading for relegation, whether that be this season or next. Quite possibly/likely this season. If there was some kind of consensus that Kean, with a bit more time could turn it around, then maybe give him time, - but no-one seems to believe this. So why keep him any longer?

There is a big difference between relegation this season and relegation over the past seasons. The costs of relegation at this moment in time look to be catastrophic. If we do go down, the odds seem to be that we might never come back, in fact there is a real fear for some that we could even be in administration. So again, why just stand by and watch/hope/pray? I have never been a short termist when it comes to managers, but someone in 'til the end of the season at least, might just give us enough to get the two or three wins that we need. That single move could mean the difference between steadying the ship and giving us something to build on - and rovers going into freefall.

Can someone please explain succinctly why going down this season/at this time will be so catastrophic, compared with previous years? Why are people saying we would never come back? I though Venky's had paid our debts off? Forgive me if i'm wrong here.....

I can't see one single reason to keep him on any longer. The reasons given by the people who want to back him are generally that they can't see who else can be brought in - and that's a fair position. The thing is, we're heading for relegation, whether that be this season or next. Quite possibly/likely this season. If there was some kind of consensus that Kean, with a bit more time could turn it around, then maybe give him time, - but no-one seems to believe this. So why keep him any longer?

There is a big difference between relegation this season and relegation over the past seasons. The costs of relegation at this moment in time look to be catastrophic. If we do go down, the odds seem to be that we might never come back, in fact there is a real fear for some that we could even be in administration. So again, why just stand by and watch/hope/pray? I have never been a short termist when it comes to managers, but someone in 'til the end of the season at least, might just give us enough to get the two or three wins that we need. That single move could mean the difference between steadying the ship and giving us something to build on - and rovers going into freefall.

Exactly den. This is perhaps the biggest few months for BRFC in a generation, if not EVER, if you think of the perilous financial situation of the club.

Just step back and look at it, relegation could see us in administration, could see a firesale of players, could see us NEVER returning to the top flight, could see Venky's selling us off to ANYONE, is now really the time to have Steve fecking Kean as manager?!!!?!?!?!

Can someone please explain succinctly why going down this season/at this time will be so catastrophic, compared with previous years? Why are people saying we would never come back? I though Venky's had paid our debts off? Forgive me if i'm wrong here.....

It's a fair question.

I guess the fear is that Venky's might not be prepared to fund a campaign to get straight back up and might instead cut their losses.

After all, the UK media aren't half as interested in Championship clubs as Premier League - let alone worldwide media!

Venkys haven't paid off the debt.

This season compensation has been paid to Allardyce and McDonald-I speculate Chimbonda's contract might also have been paid up.

Players have been given improved and longer contracts, without, allegedly, clauses re relegation.

We have owners whose only reason for buying us was our position in the Premier League as a means of promoting their company.

Allegedly they would walk away on relegation.

Allegedly they don't have the £30 mil the fund used last time to get us back.

A number of posters are suggesting we would go into administraion on relegation.

Venkys haven't paid off the debt.

This season compensation has been paid to Allardyce and McDonald-I speculate Chimbonda's contract might also have been paid up.

Players have been given improved and longer contracts, without, allegedly, clauses re relegation.

We have owners whose only reason for buying us was our position in the Premier League as a means of promoting their company.

Allegedly they would walk away on relegation.

Allegedly they don't have the £30 mil the fund used last time to get us back.

A number of posters are suggesting we would go into administraion on relegation.

Archived