BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For as long as Venkys are here the whole future of the club is in grave danger.

More or less everything they have said and done since they arrived has betrayed their ineptitude and arrogance.

I could write a list but I think we all know.

Although I was disappointed when the fans' anger that transpired at the first games was quickly replaced by shrill excitement at the marquee signing fiasco.

There is no floor to how low the club could sink with the Venkys in charge, it seems to me.

Keeping Kean in place will mean finishing bottom, more than likely. I hope we can scrape two lucky wins from somewhere.

I went for sack, but I('ll change to back now Venkys have ruled out a sack.

If we lose to BLackpool I will go back to sack, but I think we will win or draw.

I half expect relagation though.

Tough time at the moment, a lot of cofusion.

Venkys vote of confidence means nothing. They offered the same to Allardyce and got rid of him quickly enough. Defeat on Saturday and he'll be gone, but unfortunatley that may well mean relegation too.

No game this Saturday. 19th is the next game.

Rovers site on the rumours...

The pic of Kean is hmm... interesting...

SACK

I was all for Sam being sacked as I thought we would of appointed a new experienced manager who could take the club forward.

Unfortunately with the appointment of Steve kean, he is way out of his depth at this level with bizare team selections and subs during matches. If we have the chance to replace him with say Ranieri now, then it has to be done.

With the owners today coming out with the "vote of confidence" I will back the team as always. We are in a relegation fight to the end and the players can only play better if the fans are behind them. We need to stick together in these troubled times as our premier league future is at stake.

The bottom line is it's down to the players as they do the business on the pitch.

"I would like to put on record that we have a contract with Steve Kean and he will continue in his present position with the club. There is no question of the manager being changed."

So you didn't have a contract with Sam Allardyce and Neil MacDonald?

Very important….

"Absolutely, there is no question about it," Rao told Sky Sports, when asked whether Kean will remain at the club. "Other managers come and go, but he is very, very, very important." Rao also said it was "absolutely not" true that the Indian owners are already looking to offload the club

Very important….

"Absolutely, there is no question about it," Rao told Sky Sports, when asked whether Kean will remain at the club. "Other managers come and go, but he is very, very, very important." Rao also said it was "absolutely not" true that the Indian owners are already looking to offload the club

They must have a yes man in place and everyone else has gone!!

Its sad when some people think they can take others intelligence for granted.

Hypocrisy is something I hate. Being two-faced is something I dont forgive.

I do pray we win against Blackpool at home. It will be a really bad time to bring in a new manager after that if we fail, as its 3 points that we will find hard to find in the following fixtures to make up for.

On a side-note, Id love to work for Venkys. They bump up contracts for no reason and only look for thinking men, who are enthusiastic and positive. Results a bonus.

I've not voted on the poll as I couldn't bear to vote "back" and yet I think it's too late to vote "sack". Many of us knew the writing was on the wall when they sacked Sam and instead of replacing him with an experienced manager they brought in the first team coach who nobody had ever heard of.

But what's the benefit of getting in a new manager now? It would cause even more upheaval and whoever came now would have little or no pressure to get results as he'd have the ready made excuse of "it was too late for me to save the club at this stage" when/if we get relegated.

Much as it may hurt lots of people on this board we have to get behind the players, the management team and the owners at this critical time. The Blackpool game has to be one of the biggest games in recent Rovers history. Sorry I can't make it to Ewood but all the fans there have to get behind the team 100% - sadly, that means "backing"the manager too.

It would appear that we've now passed the point of no return with regards to replacing the manager.

If we win against Blackpool then things will look a lot better, but I do fear that this latest stance by Venkys is a massive gamble and one from which the club may not recover.

I will be present for the Blackpool game and I'm hoping for the best. However I can never remember a time where I can hand on heart say that a fans protest against the way our club is being run would have my full support as much as under the current circumstances.

I also believe that we, as Rovers fans, should not dismiss how much power we actually have right now. We need to get right behind the team in our next home game with or without the current management set up in charge.

The results of the last few weeks make we think that this may just be our final season in the top flight for some time to come. I hope to god I'm wrong but we're one of the only teams in the league on a complete downward spiral right now.

Scenario.

One of our more intelligent, senior players shows some balls and phones Mrs D. and explains that, in reality, the players have no faith in Kean & Jensen and unless a new management team is brought in, relegation is inevitable.

This would be the supreme irony given what Kean, allegedly, did to Sam & Macca.

It might be the only way to get rid of a man who many supporters simply regard as a clown.

Do our players really love and care for our club. There is one way that they could prove it.

I also believe that we, as Rovers fans, should not dismiss how much power we actually have right now. We need to get right behind the team in our next home game with or without the current management set up in charge.

I couldn't agree more with this point. We must throw the full might of our support behind the team, the club and the institution that is Blackburn Rovers. It is the players who can make the difference now, not a puppet of a manager we are seemingly stuck with or owners who do not inspire confidence.

We must also remember that we have the power to, and the democratic right of, protest. Peaceful protest is a powerful tool.

We have the right to make our voices heard to those in charge of our beloved club should we feel we want to. 85% of the sample of Rovers supporters who have been motivated to vote are in favour of the dismissal of Kean, and one would imagine that there is a similar feeling throughout Rovers' support as a whole. I am not in any way shape or form advocating any actions that are illegal, aggresive, racially motivated or similar, simply that we as fans have voices which must be heard and considered by the owners of the club- and the best forum for that is Ewood Park, backing our team, and in my opinion not the manager nor the owners.

The way to save face was not to back Kean but to be big enough to admit they had made a mistake, if not in sacking Allardyce, then in appointing an inexperienced man as manager. An attempt to bring in experience at this stage would still be seen by most fans as a sign of strength and wanting the best for our club. As it is, they look like they either don't care or are so weak that they are swayed by a few excuses and promises from someone most fans have either never had faith in or had serious concerns about even when wishing him well. I wanted Kean to succeed, but have always had doubts as to whether he could and I think many who supported him only wanted him to do well, but felt little surprise when he didn't.

It's true that we can do nothing but support our team against Blackpool. After that well who knows. I just hope Kean doesn't play andrews or the resolution of many to support the team to the full on the 19th may be sorely tested.

Archived