BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

Last time I'm going to mention this again but who the flip are we going to bring in? Please someone tell me who would be mad enough, sutiable and available?

Anyone who has any tactical brains, able to lead, and has an ability to motivate the players and has experiance as a premier leage manager.

There are a few available and have been mentioned I am at the stage of almost taking O'Neil. He does well with smaller clubs, blows it with money - a bit like Sam, but is a ######.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want him at the club, but you have to wonder if bringing in yet another manager would have a further detrimental effect, whether it would give them enough time to have an impact, and also whether there is anybody out there who would even want the job.

Paul Lambert would be my choice either now or at the end of the season, because I'm not sure he'd leave without seeing if he could get Norwich promoted.

Jim - I respect your opinion and actually believe that you talk enormous sense which many find hard to handle given the stark reality of what you say.

What would you do ?

Are your weekly avatar changes some kind of code? Maybe i'll crack it and discover your actually an automated service which posts every hour regardless of the subject matter!

To improve on Kean's results would not be a monumental task - remember his current record of results and our current form is nothing short of shocking.

However, as others have stated, it would have to be a manager who could come in straight away and know what they are doing (and have some knowledge of the playing staff).

Because of the options/timelines we may be best to stick with Kean until the end of the season.

Hopefully Venky's are aware of the severity of the situation. I presume that comment from Mrs D about great things with Kean next season is bull, otherwise we really are screwed.

19th Blackburn 38 points

Steve Kean’s inexperience shows up at the very wrong time as Blackburn’s awful away form continues under their new boss. Coupled with unfavourable home games against the two Manchester clubs, Rovers are relegated on the last day as neither they nor Wolves can take advantage of Wigan’s defeat to secure survival.

Fulham (a) 1-3 L

Blackpool (h) 2-3 L

Arsenal (a) 0-4 L

Birmingham (h) 2-1 W

Everton (a) 0-3 L

Manchester City (h) 1-1 D

Bolton (h) 1-1 D

West Ham (a) 1-2 L

Manchester United (h) 1-2 L

Wolves (a) 2-2 D

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1362158/Premier-League-relegation-battle-Who-survive-drop.html#ixzz1Fr1tEjx6

I don't want him at the club, but you have to wonder if bringing in yet another manager would have a further detrimental effect, whether it would give them enough time to have an impact, and also whether there is anybody out there who would even want the job.

When Allardyce left the saying 'if it aint broke don't fix it' was widely used. Nothing was 'broke' then, but it's certainly bloody broke now! How on earth could a new manager have a "further detrimental effect" when we are currently rock bottom of the Prem form table for goodness sake?

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to rem that you were one of his fiercest critics so how do you like the new circumstances that BRFC have found themselves in?

Jim - I respect your opinion and actually believe that you talk enormous sense which many find hard to handle given the stark reality of what you say.

What would you do ?

Bring back Sam - but it won't happen.

I cannot see any other manager getting us out of this mess.

I am absolutely stunned and disappointed that Kean hasn't already gone. This better be due to ensuring a replacement is immediately in place. If not, I am not looking forward to the atmosphere if we go behind during the Blackpool game.

19th Blackburn 38 points

Steve Kean’s inexperience shows up at the very wrong time as Blackburn’s awful away form continues under their new boss. Coupled with unfavourable home games against the two Manchester clubs, Rovers are relegated on the last day as neither they nor Wolves can take advantage of Wigan’s defeat to secure survival.

Fulham (a) 1-3 L

Blackpool (h) 2-3 L

Arsenal (a) 0-4 L

Birmingham (h) 2-1 W

Everton (a) 0-3 L

Bolton (h) 1-1 D

West Ham (a) 1-2 L

Wolves (a) 2-2 D

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1362158/Premier-League-relegation-battle-Who-survive-drop.html#ixzz1Fr1tEjx6

People should take a very long hard look at this. I can see us winning the Blackpool game and losing the Birmingham one, and a loss to City instead of a draw.

That is what I meant when winning at Blackpool would be as dangerous as a loss. Be it this season or the next, if left in charge he will take us down.

Relegation, and I can see no coming back this time.

My fear is the increasingly evident lack of control he has over the players. He stands almost mute on the touchline as Givet looks like he is going to murder the ref, he then walks over and tries to do something as Samba begins to throw Salgado around, Samba throws his hand up at him and walks away shaking his head. Next thing we hear is that he accepts the penalty decision.

Go to bat for your players at least for Gods sake, SAF would be all over that like dog with a fresh pile of vomit. No wonder he has no respect. He reminds me of very weak officers who suck up to anyone with any power and have zero respect with the troops they lead.

============================================

My thoughts exactly. Kean lacks any degree of gravitas and is totally naive when it comes to defending the position of my beloved club, whose fate he has been entrusted. When I see him appear for his latest toe-curling TV interview I just want to hide and hope it is just a nightmare that will end when I wake. His justification that it was, after all, a correct decision for a penalty on Saturday, illustrates just how much out of his depth he really is. I'd be amazed if he hasn't already lost the players respect, given how he was appointed and the amateurish way he has gone about the job. Oh that we still had our respected former Chairman in full control - SK would be long gone. In fact filling the top Board post with the right person is probably equally important at the moment. This must be someone to whom Venkys give full devolved control to get on with day to day managing of the club. Managing with a long arm from India will not work.

As far the team manager goes it's Curbishley or Hughton for me - either would give us a chance this year or be well qualified in an immediate bounce back attempt. However pursuading anyone to join a such a laughing stock that currently exists will not be easy, and certanly expensive - even for someone who is unemployed!

People should take a very long hard look at this. I can see us winning the Blackpool game and losing the Birmingham one, and a loss to City instead of a draw.

That is what I meant when winning at Blackpool would be as dangerous as a loss. Be it this season or the next, if left in charge he will take us down.

Relegation, and I can see no coming back this time.

Very worrying stuff...sad.gif

No fight.

No desire.

No passion.

No charisma.

No motivation from the touchline.

Head scratching substitutions.

Head scratching line ups.

Weird decisions.

No game plan.

No training ground set pieces, no structure, no ORGANISATION!

I am really hanging onto the fact that a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day!

10 points to go!! He will not quit, he needs to be sacked for his pay-off!

You could be describing Roy Hodgson at Liverpool.

My vote is to back Kean, I would have preferred to have Allardyce here but that time has passed. Clubs that dump their managers at the frequency being desired by many on this board rarely have success.

It's not an easy choice but I don't see a ready replacement who can make the impact desired. the Fulham game had at least a more balanced team, a good effort and should have had at least a point if some of the forwards could finish and Clattenburg hadn't been influenced by previous incidents.

Blackpool is critical, if we want Rovers to stay up then the worst thing we can do is to organise some foolish protests. If that is deemed important by anybody save them for after the game and if we win then forget about them.

There is one good reason for backing the team 100%, including the manager, it's that the next few games are critical. The fans can play a huge part by remaining commited and loud in a positive manner.

I want Rovers to succeed and I refuse to fantasise about where we might be with another manager, a new set of owners, Jack rising from the grave et flipping cetera. The time for change is in the summer, come what may. We might even be surprised if Kean does turn it around .....

I, like other Rovers fans at the moment, am pretty upset about how things are rolling out at the minute. But I think we should back Kean.

It's all well and good asking for him to be sacked and setting up polls but at the end of the day I have not heard one single person come out with a reasonable suggestion as to who we could replace Kean with. That's why I think this thread is pretty useless.

It's all well and good saying 'Kean out' etc, but what happens next? John Jensen takes charge? Have you even thought about who the next man could be? At least Kean knows the players and has been working with them for a few years. He has a few wins, we were good at Fulham and the ref cheated us out of a point.

I am perfectly willing to hear your arguments and reasons for letting Kean go, but if you can't even think of a real replacement for him then stop moaning and get behind the team!

And to those who want MON, Maradona, Ranieri - we all know those are not viable options. Give me a genuine replacement, someone who is willing to take the job despite the dangerous situation we are in, and who will keep us up. Then I accept your reasoning. Otherwise, show Kean some support because he's our only option right now.

I know I will get slated for what I have said, but at the end of the day, if you take a step back and look at the situation, not one of you has offered a solution to Kean. Put up or shut up.

Oh and I shall add - I voted 'back' and have given my reasons for doing so.

Two of the most sensible posts on this thread.

I'm not voting.

The Venkys have made massive mistakes and put our club close to imploding. But we haven't imploded yet.

Unless Venkys have a suitable plan B ( such as having already got agreements from JW and Big Sam to be reinstated) then we have to stick with Kean, hope for the best and get behind the whole club, players, manager, owners, to get us out of the mess we are in.

Sacking Kean now with no Plan B in place is pressing another self-destruct button.

Personally I think that it would be the perfect time to do it as the Blackpool game is a very winable one. Win it with Kean and he will remain, win it with a new manager and there will be a very good feeling to build on.

Kean managing a win will be like putting a blanket over a corpse, you won't be able to see the rot, for a time, but we still could all smell it.

A Kean win will be as damaging as a Kean loss in the long run. IMO.

=================

Agree entirely.

If we sack Kean, who would you put in charge?

Samba as player/manager?

Give me strength!!!!

Now Ryan Nelsen as PM...................hmmmm

Why is Ranieri not a viable option? Or MON for that matter(although I don't like him myself)? Do you know that for a fact?

Its been said on here that feelers have been put out and he's said "yes".

I've not voted either. What's the point? Do we honestly think that the Venky's family will necessarily take any notice of what we put on here?

I didn't want Sam to be sacked when he was; but we can't re-write what's happened. Once our new owners had sacked and replaced him, I hoped that Kean would turn out to be another [say] David Moyes; but, at present, it doesn't look as though he has that extra toughness that a Manager [as opposed to an Assistant Manager or Chief Coach] has to have.

I honestly don't know what to wish for, other than that, at the end of this season, there turn out to have been three teams in the Premier League with worse results than us.

So Bazza, should we keep a complete tool in charge by default, get relegated and then watch our club disappear? It's all very well sniping at those who like me are needing valium and rubber trousers, but the truth is we are utterly ___ed with Karl at the helm. Numerous names have been suggested, so people do have a next step in mind. Whether Venky's do I have to seriously question though.

Why is Ranieri not a viable option? Or MON for that matter(although I don't like him myself)? Do you know that for a fact?

Its been said on here that feelers have been put out and he's said "yes".

Has I have said before that MO'N wouldn't be able to take charge of rovers because he is still in dispute with Villa over his pay off. And you are not allow to join another club until this is sorted!

19th Blackburn 38 points

Fulham (a) 1-3 L

Blackpool (h) 2-3 L

Arsenal (a) 0-4 L

Birmingham (h) 2-1 W

Everton (a) 0-3 L

Bolton (h) 1-1 D

West Ham (a) 1-2 L

Wolves (a) 2-2 D

I agree that we are in trouble; however the results it dishes other teams seem unlikely. Have a feeling this guy is a wee bit bias against us and favours other clubs.

Avram Grant keeps getting mentioned, looked what's he's done at West Ham?? This is a manager who has premier league experience, a manager who took Chelsea to within a whisker of being champions of Europe, a manager who rather than chase after players too old & highly unlikely to sign for us went & signed Demba Ba who is scoring the goals to get them out of the mess they were in. Don't compare him to Steve Kean.

Archived