BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

Did coaching badges even exist when those managers were in the game? Yes.

My views entirely, I see no ready, sensible alternative, as the ship sinks taking on water at a rapid rate!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe the trust were so desperate to sell that they sold the club to this bunch of clueless ***holes.

I blame it all on them. Syed where art thou..

Racing Santander, accused of making money via a Ponzi scheme, allegedly. Has this got a relevance to the discussion?

Fans protest, will it help?

Not in my opinion, as I have said before after the game against Blackpool maybe. Not before or during. We need a result and we need to stick together at least for the duration of that match.

There is no point sacking him if we don't get somebody in who can make a difference, and I don't mean just anyone. We need Sam, or someone like him, who can address the defensive issues and instill a siege mentality.

If nobody is available who can do that, we may as well stick with Kean, it would be just as much of a gamble with a new manager, but with more unrest.

I think Kean will get the Blackpool game to prove his worth, and if we lose that, he'll be out. We need a win.

There is no point sacking him if we don't get somebody in who can make a difference, and I don't mean just anyone. We need Sam, or someone like him, who can address the defensive issues and instill a siege mentality.

If nobody is available who can do that, we may as well stick with Kean, it would be just as much of a gamble with a new manager, but with more unrest.

I think Kean will get the Blackpool game to prove his worth, and if we lose that, he'll be out. We need a win.

agree completely

ANY "manager " who always drops a striker who scores is crazy.Happens every time with this fella ,even bejani got dropped after scoring two.

Good point Abbey.

I think we can all agree that the rotation (ignoring ones that have had to be made due to injuries) has contributed to our shocking run of form. I don't know whether this is down to Kean not knowing his best eleven, or he is making adjustments each game because he feels these changes should be done to increase our chances of picking up points. Whatever the reasons his team selections haven't been working that well in recent games.

Personally I think that it would be the perfect time to do it as the Blackpool game is a very winable one. Win it with Kean and he will remain, win it with a new manager and there will be a very good feeling to build on.

Kean managing a win will be like putting a blanket over a corpse, you won't be able to see the rot, for a time, but we still could all smell it.

A Kean win will be as damaging as a Kean loss in the long run. IMO.

Fans protest, will it help? I don't know, but I will say it again, our fans are far too nice for my liking at the moment. We do need a few to get some banners going, make some noise and try and force the owners hand. Kean must go, and he must go NOW! If he had any sense of respect for this club, then he should do the right thing and walk away.

Venkys are to blame, and now that things are going bad, they look like like caving in themselves. Who got us into this mess? Not just Kean, but the people that put him there. The same people that sacked a good manager, and who were the cause of a great chairman to walk away.

Its a sad sad state of affairs right now, and I cannot believe that they will continue with Kean. It will be a ridiculous decision imo, and just goes to show how clueless and stupid they are. Sack a manager who got us 10th and a cup semi, but keep a rookie with a worse record

Just protest Indian style. Grow facial hair and wear a short sleeve polyester shirt, chant manically, and burn badly made effigies of Kean. We could also hold giant statues and pictures of Jade Goody, Richard Gere and Enoch Powell.

Either way, we're sinking below Burnley at record speed thanks to these dimwits.

I voted sack. This may be my last season as a season ticket holder (may be emigrating to Australia) and I don't want to see my team implode and this guy is driving the implosion. For one it would make watching them really difficult but the main reason is that if it were to happen, I could see that being the end of this club as we know it. It would be a long time before we would get back...

The best option to replace Kean is the one man who wouldn't come back. After that, we need a proper manager and a lot of luck. Kean is neither lucky nor a manager.

Personally I think that it would be the perfect time to do it as the Blackpool game is a very winable one. Win it with Kean and he will remain, win it with a new manager and there will be a very good feeling to build on.

Kean managing a win will be like putting a blanket over a corpse, you won't be able to see the rot, for a time, but we still could all smell it.

So you would be happier losing to Blackpool as although it may well be fatal to our season we get rid of Kean. How is that logical thinking?

At this point I feel my arguments are not going to win you across. So get your banner out and stand outside the ground. How about 'The end is nigh, repent you sinners'?

By the way, I will be the one walking past you and into Ewood hoping that we win.

Last time I'm going to mention this again but who the flip are we going to bring in? Please someone tell me who would be mad enough, sutiable and available?

Sacking him is irrelevant really because the damage of his appointment has already been done. The club is floundering like a rudderless ship on the rocks of relegation and changing the leader now is not going to make a shred of difference.

Last time I'm going to mention this again but who the flip are we going to bring in? Please someone tell me who would be mad enough, sutiable and available?

Sam, however, it would cost but would be far cheaper than relegation.

Sack Kean....... :D

Appoint a new savior to save us........... :wub:

Go down anyhow........... :o

Have to sack them and their hangers-on and pay off their contracts....... :(

Go into administration to pay off the debts accrued from sacking BFS/Kean/RnewSaviour/SummerSigningsthatthefanssooooooowantedetcetcetc...... :wstu:

Anyhow, who fleurkin' cares..........I always preferred Stanley anyhow.....................

Sacking him is irrelevant really because the damage of his appointment has already been done. The club is floundering like a rudderless ship on the rocks of relegation and changing the leader now is not going to make a shred of difference.

Jim - I respect your opinion and actually believe that you talk enormous sense which many find hard to handle given the stark reality of what you say.

What would you do ?

Anyone with a decent record in the Premier League would be a massive improvement over Kean. I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

Alan Curbishley. Even Gary Megson. There are loads of managers available that are better, Pardew at Newcastle is a good example. We need someone to come in until the end of the season then review it from there.

So you would be happier losing to Blackpool as although it may well be fatal to our season we get rid of Kean. How is that logical thinking?

At this point I feel my arguments are not going to win you across. So get your banner out and stand outside the ground. How about 'The end is nigh, repent you sinners'?

By the way, I will be the one walking past you and into Ewood hoping that we win.

You completely misunderstand me.

I will be on cloud nine if we win, needing only one point or so for safety. Of course I would, but we only have these points, the majority of them, because of Sam. Where would we be if Kean had started at zero? In very deep trouble, worse than Ince.

I want us to win and will be cheering just as loud but if we win and Kean remains, he WILL be starting at zero points next season with what the players he has now.

Scary.

Martin Jol, Steve McClaren, Claudio Ranieri, Chris Hughton, Dave Jones, Alan Curbishley. I would be happy with any of these. can't be any worse than Kean.

MO'N wouldn't be able to take charge of rovers because he is still in dispute with Villa over his pay off. And you are not allow to join another club until this is sorted!

The owners made a hugh mistake in sacking Big Sam and they just have to say, 'we got that wrong and was wrong for appoint Kean' 'we got bad advise from our advisors and we are really sorry'

Now we are going to appoint Mr X till the end of the season, and go from there.

if we go down under Kean, then what are the owners going to do then? sell us for not much and run. We would lose our best players and we would struggle for a couple of seasons in Championship.

My choice for manager job if we are in the Championship is Gus Poyet or Billy Davies

Graeme Souness

Archived