BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MESSAGE TO VENKYS

Has anybody actually taken at least an anti venkys banner to a game?

Are there not enough fans on here to actually sort a protest out?

Its not that difficult to get onto MOTD or SKy....

Want to make a statement that the world's media would sit up and take notice? It would appear in every major newspaper....

Hire a plane and pull an an anti venkts banner behind it and fly it over ewood during the next homegame.

http://www.airads.co.uk/?gclid=CIq1wNu2pqgCFeoZQgodBS9dHA

£400 per hour +VAT

50 fans paying £8 each....

who's up for organising it?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VENKYS YOU ARE KILLING OUR CLUB, YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION NOW AND JUST ADMIT THAT YOU MADE A BIG, HUGE MISTAKE IN APPOINTING THAT CLOWN!!!

brfc was being strangle for a long time before venkys showed up, if anything maybe venkys are guilty of manslaughter

i can remember a time not so long ago,people on this forum where saying where lucky to be in this league what with the population, funds (under different management / owners), why arnt we lucky to be in the league now?

imo its totally the wrong time to protest, look how long it took for Gerard Houllier to turn things around at villa a new manager dont always bring a boost

Has anybody actually taken at least an anti venkys banner to a game?

Are there not enough fans on here to actually sort a protest out?

Its not that difficult to get onto MOTD or SKy....

Want to make a statement that the world's media would sit up and take notice? It would appear in every major newspaper....

Hire a plane and pull an an anti venkts banner behind it and fly it over ewood during the next homegame.

£400 per hour +VAT

Excellent idea as long as the BBC and Sky are alerted to it.

£400 per hour +VAT

It's not a bad idea Andy, but remember the attempted banner for Burnley a few years ago? We couldn't get that one going cos Plod have to agree to a plane advert (some PC reason no doubt - ho ho ho). So the only ways I could see it happening is if the relevant officer was such a fervent Rovers fan he'd turn a blind eye OR a local private pilot was willing to take his chances that he wouldn't get into serious lumber for doing the flying. Pity, but neither's very likely I reckon, unless of course a well-connected poster on here can think if a way round these challenges....

It's not a bad idea Andy, but remember the attempted banner for Burnley a few years ago? We couldn't get that one going cos Plod have to agree to a plane advert (some PC reason no doubt - ho ho ho). So the only ways I could see it happening is if the relevant officer was such a fervent Rovers fan he'd turn a blind eye OR a local private pilot was willing to take his chances that he wouldn't get into serious lumber for doing the flying. Pity, but neither's very likely I reckon, unless of course a well-connected poster on here can think if a way round these challenges....

hey mate,

it fell down because they feared it may cause a riot in burnley!

I suspect Neil is one of the few people that is very very aware of precisely will the old bill kiboshed it ;)

Spot on Glenn. Plod must have reckoned it would have caused a riot in Burnley too Andy, perhaps that's why they said 'no chance'.

I know this wouldn't cause a riot - far from it - but I can't see the boys in blue giving it the nod.

Just got back from the Disabled Supporters' Club Player of the Year Party.

Great night. Almost every one of the players and the manager turned up, spent over an hour chatting to the supporters, being photographed and signing autographs. Nothing was too much trouble. Michel Salgado was Player of the Year, presented with the Trophy which is now named The Ronnie Clayton Award by Ronnie's family. Bryan Douglas, Jason Wilcox and Kevin Gallacher were there too. Supporters ranged in age from a baby to a very old lady in a wheelchair.

What was needed, was one or more of the Rao family to be there to see exactly what our great club is about - it's not just a football stadium and a training ground, it is a historical institution that means a great deal to many people who care about each other and about Blackburn Rovers FC. Just because it happens to be on the other side of the world from them doesn't mean that they can forget about it and let it die.

I fervently hope there will be many more such nights, and that the Rao family will realise that they have responsibilities to the club and the people who love and support it.

I cannot get these to line up I'm afraid. (Edit - I can .... Glenn)

Manager.....Matches.....Won....Drawn...Lost.......Win %
Dalglish......195.......102.....46......47......52.31
Hughes........188.......82......47......59......43.62
Souness.......212.......86......61......65......40.57
Harford........64.......24......13......27......37.50
Allardyce......90.......32......24......34......35.56
Hodgson........62.......22......18......22......35.48
Ince...........21.......6........4......11......28.57
Kidd...........44.......12......18......14......27.27
Kean...........19.......4.......5.......10......21.05

Dear Venkys,

Above is a table of Blackburn Rovers full time football managers since the premier league began back in the early 1990's, this table clearly shows the stats on how these managers performed. Steve Kean is clearly bottom of this list, a massive 6% win rate lower than the last manager to relegate us. As you would be aware if you had done your research on the club, Paul Ince was largely unpopular and had us rock bottom, but still he outperforms your man!

Please see sense now and sack the useless muppet before its too late, if it isn't already. Bring in someone who can lift these players in these last vital games, to keep us in this division, and allow them to do what is needed to progress next season.

There are people on here who spend thousands each season to support this club, please do the right thing for them. You bought this club to grow it, not to destroy it.

Don't expect to bounce straight back if the club is relegated. Fans of Wimbledon, Ipswich, Notts Forest, Leeds, QPR etc will tell you, it can take many years to recover.

Rover Down South

Most of those were in the Championship - not really a good indicator of anything.

The shape of things to come :rolleyes:

Manager.....Matches.....Won....Drawn...Lost.......Win %
Dalglish......195.......102.....46......47......52.31
Hughes........188.......82......47......59......43.62
Souness.......212.......86......61......65......40.57
Harford........64.......24......13......27......37.50
Allardyce......90.......32......24......34......35.56
Hodgson........62.......22......18......22......35.48
Ince...........21.......6.......11......4.......28.57
Kidd...........44.......12......14......18......27.27
Kean...........19.......4.......5.......10......21.05

That list really does show the great job Hughes did while at Rovers. He had a lot less money to spend than Dalglish and Souness.

Very interesting piece that feels very similar to my largely ignored post that people step over on their way to blaming Venkys for everything.

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=239129

It is 100% correct that most people see Venkeys as the route off all evil. But they walked the walked while lots of people just enjoyed the media spotlight for a while and then moved on. We have all made mistakes in our lives and hopefully Venkeys will learn from theirs. Next season no matter what division we are in will be the what makes or breaks Venkeys. Stay in the EPL and appoint a good manager, invest a little in the squad sit in middle table and everyone will be happy. Go down and bounce back at the first attempt and again everyone will be happy.

Archived