BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MESSAGE TO VENKYS

These honorable people chose to ignore Jerome Andersons advice regarding keeping Sam on until the summer.

So the question must be 'what other sensible advice have they disregarded' bearing in mind they know absolutely nothing about football.

I guess Jerome couldn't have been too strident in his advice as his client is currently our manager. The ex manager was not.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's have gone quiet and we won't hear from them (until Summer) because they are busy hunkered over spreadsheets figuring out what they can get for Hoilett, Jones, Olsson, Samba, Niko, Peds, Rochina, Brockhall and the parachute payments in the ever-increasingly likelihood of relegation.

Lets wait and see IF we actually go down first. People have to remember Venkeys wanted to buy Rovers. Lots of other people said they wanted to.

While they may know nothing about football and they may have been badly advised i am sure they did their homework on the figures.

Of course i expect others to come on the board and say oh they have written off their investment. Which is pure scare mongering, they may be waiting till the end of the season before they make their move.

One thing is for certain no matter what division we are in communication has to improve.

I've just heard that there is hope. However as I have been saying for weeks, it is dependant on survival this term.

There may be hope but if it is depependant on survival it's pretty slim. In my heart I believe we will stay up through pure luck, in my head I know this team has lost all heart, is beaten and going down. I saw that clearly in Samba on Saturday. Only two of the side appeared to care about what was happening at Goodison. Personally i was close to tears.

Venky's have gone quiet and we won't hear from them (until Summer) because they are busy hunkered over spreadsheets figuring out what they can get for Hoilett, Jones, Olsson, Samba, Niko, Peds, Rochina, Brockhall and the parachute payments in the ever-increasingly likelihood of relegation.

If I read things correctly history tells us what happens when the Rao family make an expensive mistake. Have a look at their film venture. A ship load of money was spent, the venture failed and the whole thing has been mothballed.

In the year ended June 2010 Rovers made a loss of "a few millions," for the current year, ending June 2011, we are on course to make a loss one could estimate in the region of £20-30m. Venkys have already paid, or taken on as debt, £25-50m to buy the club. In the first six months the whole project has probably cost in the region of £65-£75m. I suspect the current financial year will show the largest loss in the club's history. If they are doing anything other than hunkering down over spreadsheets I'll be surprised.

If the gates are open next August to watch a team that will be a silver lining. I believe their is a strong chance everything that can be, will be, sold to pay the accumulated debts. If enough is left to run a football club we may be open for business, if not I fear the club could close.

There is nothing to suggest the Rao family have the funds or the will to sustain our club if we survive in the PL. We need perhaps £40m to spend on players, a wage bill needs funding, a manger need appointing. Where is the money to come from when they have already spent a small fortune. If we aren't in the PL the same needs spending to get back there. It ain't going to happen.

Those consoling themselves with the need to avoid bad publicity are in dreamland. Venkys failed at PL football, so what? It will all be forgotten by the world in six months or perhaps less.

Only Dunny has had fire in his belly as Souness used to say. Yes, JJ gives his all and maybe so does Salgado, but I am talking about something extra which only the love of the shirt will give you. Its been the same for 2 weeks now.

Samba and Roberts who are usually up for it were mute, and "dead".

Ive only cried during two seasons in my Rovers life. Once after the Nottingham Forest, Man Utd, and Southampton games in 99, and then this season after the Blackpool match when it sunk in that relegation would really happen.

I cant see us winning and a miracle of luck will save us now if the manager stays in.

Blimey Paul, that's depressing reading this early in the day. Depressing, because there's absolutely nothing to stop Venky's at best selling to another bunch of charlatans, or at worst closing the whole thing down.

There may be hope but if it is depependant on survival it's pretty slim. In my heart I believe we will stay up through pure luck, in my head I know this team has lost all heart, is beaten and going down. I saw that clearly in Samba on Saturday. Only two of the side appeared to care about what was happening at Goodison. Personally i was close to tears.

If I read things correctly history tells us what happens when the Rao family make an expensive mistake. Have a look at their film venture. A ship load of money was spent, the venture failed and the whole thing has been mothballed.

In the year ended June 2010 Rovers made a loss of "a few millions," for the current year, ending June 2011, we are on course to make a loss one could estimate in the region of £20-30m. Venkys have already paid, or taken on as debt, £25-50m to buy the club. In the first six months the whole project has probably cost in the region of £65-£75m. I suspect the current financial year will show the largest loss in the club's history. If they are doing anything other than hunkering down over spreadsheets I'll be surprised.

If the gates are open next August to watch a team that will be a silver lining. I believe their is a strong chance everything that can be, will be, sold to pay the accumulated debts. If enough is left to run a football club we may be open for business, if not I fear the club could close.

There is nothing to suggest the Rao family have the funds or the will to sustain our club if we survive in the PL. We need perhaps £40m to spend on players, a wage bill needs funding, a manger need appointing. Where is the money to come from when they have already spent a small fortune. If we aren't in the PL the same needs spending to get back there. It ain't going to happen.

Those consoling themselves with the need to avoid bad publicity are in dreamland. Venkys failed at PL football, so what? It will all be forgotten by the world in six months or perhaps less.

Venkys did not exist outside India before Blackburn Rovers and wont after Blackburn Rovers.

They'll continue selling their chicken legs.

As long as they have a few pounds to spare, these nouveau riche types will always have an Akon or a Lennox Lewis type to be their "buddies".

Its a cliche written many times through history.

Blimey Paul, that's depressing reading this early in the day. Depressing, because there's absolutely nothing to stop Venky's at best selling to another bunch of charlatans, or at worst closing the whole thing down.

Oh, and if we were closed down, how would that affect the viws of the fans who reckon the trustees are blameless?

Hang on you said Venkeys had given up and written off the investment. Make your bloody mind up!

Not true.

I said that Venkys will consider us a written off investment if we go down. I said that the reason that they are not spending anymore money on us at the moment is because they are waiting to see what happens. If we stay up then I believe that there will be money available. There are a whole host of mad rumours at the moment but there is something that has definitely happened that does bring hope, IF we stay up.

I was thinking about the state of the club long last night as this was the first time I was able to read this board after spending a weekend in the Dales.

It's hard not to feel numb about it all. I was getting text updates from my old man and it was just a matter of time until I got the 1-0 text. I didn't care as much as I used to, it was just an air of acceptance. That's how I feel at the moment generally, I don't see much way out of this.

We are generally screwed many ways. We have clueless owners, a laughing stock of a manager, and a squad which has needed a major overhaul for years, and has not received it. Salvation can only happen in one set of circumstances

We survive(!) -----> the owners take an interest -----> they sack Kean -----> they appoint a real manager -----> they spend money

The only viable step that could possibly happen right now is step 1. WE SURVIVE. This is down to the players who basically arent good enough. It certainly isn't dow to Kean or his tactics, who are generally destroying any chance of survival we have.

I can't see anything else other than dire straits.

The ONLY hope for me is Hoilett. We have to get him fit asap.

What happens if we do survive? Does that vindicate the backing of Kean for next season? God help us if that's the case

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply, as whoever might be in charge; be it the new owners, the trust, or even Jack Walker, now would not be the appropriate time to be undertake a review.

All that anyone might or should be expecting is further rallying calls to players, supporters and management to try to extricate us from this sticky brown stuff we are all in together.

However at the same time it should be bourne in mind that the supporters do want answers at the end of the season, either if we successfully avoid the drop, or if the unthinkable actually happens.

I don't just include the new owners in accounting for how we ended up in this god awful mess, there are numerous others who in my opinion should be considering what impact their actions have had upon BRFC. Including those who have chosen to be silent when they were involved and since when they are not.

The supporters of BRFC deserve this at the very least, but for now I would propose a dignified silence and continued, if possible, with an undying support.

I'm tempted to post it here, just to see how much is left after our swear filter does it's thing.

Though it did spark one question in the pub. Just how does one have sex with a curry ?

i dare you lol... pmd the link a few times lol...lets say it went straight from brain to facebook as i ranted out loud.

I'm tempted to post it here, just to see how much is left after our swear filter does it's thing.

Though it did spark one question in the pub. Just how does one have sex with a curry ?

The question has to be asked, Glenn, were you or anybody else able to answer the question. :D Though curious to know how such a question could come up in a pub!!!!!!!!!!

I can't post it, my account naturally bypasses the swear filter :D

Here it is (thanks for reposting Hemel) after the swear filter did it's thing

VENKYS (Please don't use that word again) OFF YOU CHICKEN SHAGGING STINKING MUTHA ###### SONS OFS BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING OUR ###### CLUB YOU ###### FEATHERED ###### ######...MRS D YOU HAVE BEEN TO ONE GAME ONE ###### GAME YOU ###### SPLIT ARSED ###### RETARD....WHY MAKE THE ###### BREW BOY MANAGER ??? YOU SHOULD HAVE EMPLOYED A REAL ONE YOU ###### CURRY SHAGGING (Please don't use that word again)WITS...VENKYS OUT

The question has to be asked, Glenn, were you or anybody else able to answer the question. :D Though curious to know how such a question could come up in a pub!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading facebook on my phone and people wanted to know why I'd just spit my pint everywhere :D

Only Dunny has had fire in his belly as Souness used to say. Yes, JJ gives his all and maybe so does Salgado, but I am talking about something extra which only the love of the shirt will give you. Its been the same for 2 weeks now.

So that is why Dunn has that fat belly... it's only fire lol

Not true.

I said that Venkys will consider us a written off investment if we go down. I said that the reason that they are not spending anymore money on us at the moment is because they are waiting to see what happens. If we stay up then I believe that there will be money available. There are a whole host of mad rumours at the moment but there is something that has definitely happened that does bring hope, IF we stay up.

Since they are rumors it would be better if you presented them that way instead of making them seem like fact. I am sure there at lots of rumors around the club and the town.

I am sure 98% of the fans on here hope we stay up. But 2% did vote for Kean to stay :P

How much debt have the Venky's run up then?

I reckon costs in the region of £40-50m have been incurred. How and where is relatively easy to work out and I've said it before. How it is funded is another matter altogether.

Archived