BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MESSAGE TO VENKYS

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting piece that feels very similar to my largely ignored post that people step over on their way to blaming Venkys for everything.

http://www.blackburn...le.asp?a=239129

I hope to got Vital can back some of that up with some evidence. I'm not saying it's not true (or that it is true), just that unless they have access to info that's eluded everyone else so far, then SEM's lawyers could shred them for that. I know a lot of what's in the article has been "common knowledge" for some time, but it doesn't mean it's true.

I hope to got Vital can back some of that up with some evidence. I'm not saying it's not true (or that it is true), just that unless they have access to info that's eluded everyone else so far, then SEM's lawyers could shred them for that. I know a lot of what's in the article has been "common knowledge" for some time, but it doesn't mean it's true.

There looks to be a lot of "I believe" and "I imagine" statements in there. With plenty of question marks too. Anything specific you would worry about if that had been a post on here?

Sadly I won't be in attendance tonight being a Darwen End ST holder with no money to spare. Luckily it's on Sky, as is the Man Utd game so I won't miss either. I did manage to get to Ewood for the Liverpool game though, hoping for a performance similar to that one tonight. :brfc:

What happened to Anderson telling Venky's to keep Sam until the Summer.

This is all very murky, I hope the truth does eventually come out.

That was almost rubbish. Anderson had talked them into firing Sam before they had bought apparently- their timing did not fit the Anderson agenda perfectly but what they did was exactly as he had planned it.

That article is pretty well correct apart from being overly kind to the Venky's.

That was almost rubbish. Anderson had talked them into firing Sam before they had bought apparently- their timing did not fit the Anderson agenda perfectly but what they did was exactly as he had planned it.

That article is pretty well correct apart from being overly kind to the Venky's.

Before Venky's even bought us there were stories/speculation suggesting they did not want Sam as manager - considering they said themselves they (Venky's) know little about football it is pretty obvious who would have put this idea in their heads.

Also it is pretty obvious, given who became our manager (a man who has never managed in his life before), again, who put this idea in their heads.

I also think we need to cut the owners, Venkys, some slack. Giving them a year is more than reasonable. As owners, Venkys bears the ultimate responsibility but should be evaluated over the long term. If current trends continue, they will bear it, if nothing else in their pocket books or the devaluation of their recently acquired asset. What remains to be seen is whether they stick with the club they helped sink or not, if we're relegated. And even if we stay up (barely), we should wait to judge them until a year has passed.

The short term issue is not necessarily the owners, in my opinion, by their advisors (SEM/Kentaro) and Kean. Their advice/management has resulted in the club slipping toward the relegation zone. Kean's "interpretation" as to our status does nothing to alleviate my concerns. The exact opposite is true. So what to do about them?

• Backroom

If we stay up then I'm willing to give Venky's the summer to try and win me back over. Despite everything I'm not 100% against them yet. However, in order to win any semblance of trust from me they'd have to:

- Sack Steve Kean and replace him with a real manager. Preferably a decent one at that.

- Obliterate SEM/Kentaro's link with us, and send Jerome Anderson packing.

- Invest in our low-quality squad to bring in some actual talent that could make an immediate impact at the start of the season.

- Do everything possible to keep a hold of our younger talents, and not cash in on them.

An apology for their poor handling of the club since they took over wouldn't go amiss either, though I don't think that will be forthcoming. Unfortunately there are some things, like handing Roberts a new contract, that they can't undo :angry:

If we go down I fear it will be the end for the club, and for that I would never forgive them. However, should we stay up they will need to prove they've learnt from the experience and do their best to get the fans onside again.

SLACK? WHY? even if we go down and they sell everything and everyone and pocket it all?

Think of it this way: we can do NOTHING about Venkys. If Venkys want to rob us blind, they'll rob us blind. There isn't a darn thing you, I or 100,000 Rover fans can do about it.

On the other hand, if Venkys want to raise up the club, then they need the fans. Without the fans, the club is an empty blue and white shell. Which means expressing our dissatisfaction and laying out our arguments MIGHT have a result.

So I will attempt to restrain my ire as to Venkys (with limited success, I concede) and focus it on where it might do a little bit of good: Kentaro/SEM and Kean. I truly can't believe that spent 3.5 million on a player who will [apparently] do nothing to help us survive this season. :angry:

Archived