BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United (away - 7th May)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The same ground he missed a penalty on a couple of seasons back to tie the game?

Ok Jase

Mm

If they want to play Parker in my IMO I think we should not let him try and play let him know we are here early hit him with a few hard tackles and then see what happens if he isn't fully fit then I can see him going off! We never win at west ham but we have got to start sometime! West ham 0 v rovers 1

Green, Jacobsen, Upson, Hitzlsperger, Piquionne, Spector, Ba, Boa Morte, Keane, Bridge, Parker - how on earth are WHam where they are with players like this to call on????

With the exception of the first two all the rest would walk into our first 11.

I've pondered on this game long and hard and whichever way I think about it we are going to get humped. If so and this is followed with nothing against ManU (who'll be looking to clinch the title) then the depressive in me sees nothing but a draw at Wolves and a descent into the Championship. Hopefully I'm just having a down-swing bi-polar day.

The Donut hasn't got the nous to set this team and strategy up to be effective. Several Hail Marys and a bottle of scotch for me tomorrow, we simply must get something from this game. Bugger it I'm so nervous I'm starting on that bottle right now.

I'd take Parker and Ba, none of the others. Lots of people have mentioned that their squad is reasonably strong. Its not. Their squad is weaker than most and on paper should be fighting to stay in the league. Their first 11 is, at a push, reasonable, but they have no depth and without Parker have a hollow midfield. Carlton Cole is poor, Keane is past it, Spector isn't a premiership footballer, Boa Morte is only in the team due to injuries and the rest, bar Parker and Ba, are very very average.

Kean got it right against Bolton. What we lack is a goalscorer and to be honest there is only so much you can do to compensate for that. Most of our ideal starting 11's are formations and combinations that Kean has played. The same cannot be said for many of Allardyce's team selections. Hoilett and Olsson on the wings with Roque up top will do for me.

Lets give it a go. Keep them quiet for 20 and they'll get nervous. I'll take a draw right now but this is a very poor West Ham side under an enormous amount of pressure. They dont have much experience and without Parker will be weak in midfield. They could easily buckle if we get any sort of lead.

Prediction: 1-1.

From the Guardian:

• 24% of Blackburn goals have been scored by defenders, the highest ratio in the top flight

• West Ham have conceded more corners (259) than any other side in the top flight

• Blackburn have the worst long passing accuracy in the division, with just 39% of them finding a team-mate

• West Ham have lost five consecutive league games for the first time since they lost six in a row in early 2010

From the Guardian:

• 24% of Blackburn goals have been scored by defenders, the highest ratio in the top flight

West Ham have conceded more corners (259) than any other side in the top flight

• Blackburn have the worst long passing accuracy in the division, with just 39% of them finding a team-mate

• West Ham have lost five consecutive league games for the first time since they lost six in a row in early 2010

Big Sam would smash them statistics, we where once the best team from set pieces, hope Kean has seen them and done something on the practice ground

Big Sam would smash them statistics, we where once the best team from set pieces, hope Kean has seen them and done something on the practice ground

Yes but today, big Sam is not playing, he is not the manager. Therefore what matters is te next result. So SING UP FOR THE BOYS.

ROVERS WILL WIN ON SATURDAY.

Put aside who the manager is, Rover must win tomorrow.

I think Roberts did score for us at Wham a couple of seasons back, and then missed a penalty :wacko:

Last week as the game got closer I got more confident we would win. This week it's been the reverse. We only need a point but I see a 2-0 win to the Hammers combined with Wigan getting something at Villa and putting us right back in it. Hope I'm wrong...

I have actually gotten more confident and I dont know why!!?!?

West Ham fans are expecting to put between three to four goals past us, somehow I can see where they are coming from.

If that does happen watch the nerves set in around here.

I don't think we're doomed at all. It's just that West Ham's slump has happened against form teams and they still played well at City after the first 20 mins or so. Our record there also speaks for itself.

Wigan are also playing well. Think they could sneak a draw, even a win at Villa.

I do though, think Blackpool are screwed (1 win left in them at best) and Wolves will struggle to get anything against West Brom (they were awful at Birmingham).

The good thing for us too is West Ham go to Wigan next week and we have an excellent home record against the scum.

I don't think we're doomed at all. It's just that West Ham's slump has happened against form teams and they still played well at City after the first 20 mins or so. Our record there also speaks for itself.

Wigan are also playing well. Think they could sneak a draw, even a win at Villa.

I do though, think Blackpool are screwed (1 win left in them at best) and Wolves will struggle to get anything against West Brom (they were awful at Birmingham).

The good thing for us too is West Ham go to Wigan next week and we have an excellent home record against the scum.

West Hams defeats seem to have been due to the strength of their opponents attack, today they face one of the most impotent attacks in the premier league, Rovers. The more I think about it the more the likely hood is thats its going to be an emphatic defeat.

All down to Rovers lack of attacking ability.

If JR does score today it will take him to a massive 4 goals for the season.

Couldnt go today as on nights. A big well done to all the Blues making the trip, away tickets sold out again. We are some of the best fans around, always have and always will be. When our backs are against the wall we turn up and turn out. Team, its your turn now dont let us down. You have the ability you can beat West Ham easily you just need to believe and we will be victorious and safe. We admit we arent a big club and may be that we are playing above our level in todays game but we have the history, we have the support so lets have the belief and win today and ensure our safety for another year. Come on you Blues, Jack Walker is watching.

As my sig says in reference to King Henry via Will Shakespeare:

We few we happy few we band of brothers.

2 1 Rovers

Archived