BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United (away - 7th May)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be ecstatic with a draw! I have a horrible feeling about this game. Too much confidence after last week---misplaced! Even with their losing streak (and we know about them!) they are still playing quite good football coming forward. Their defence is weak but have we the players to take advantage of it? I'm fretting if you can't tell!

An extraordinary article in this morning's Independent from Lee Dixon. He had assumed (as many others have) that West Ham would have too much talent to be relegated. That was until 2 weeks ago when he went to their training ground with Bob Wilson on his bike ride. It was a Monday morning and an open session for the fans and a total shambles with players arguing with each other, some not trying and some sulking - and that was with the fans watching.

This game is all about having some defensively solidity, the longer that we keep it 0-0, the more desperate West Ham will become and that will present opportunities on the break, what we must absolutely not do is concede in the opening 15-20 minutes, they are likely to come at us from the off with the crowd behind them and if we fall behind then the momentum they gain could easily lead to them score 3 or 4 goals.

A point would be more than acceptable, particularly if Wigan and Blackpool both lose, that would put as almost safe (as long as we maintain our goal difference).

It didnt mention Hoilett once. I really hope he's fit. In any other season i'd agree with that scoreline, but with the pressure that they're under and the likely absence of Parker, I reckon we could realistically snatch a draw if not a win. Keep it tight for 20 mins and go from there.

Have you ever predicted us to win since joining just before Christmas? genuine question?

He's getting his shots in early, ready for the Kean bashing session he's having between 3 and 5pm. If we lose, its Kean's fault, if we draw, its Kean's fault that we weren't ambitious enough and if we win its Kean's fault that we didn't win by more goals. It's also Kean's fault that Hoilett is faking an injury in order to avoid playing in the run in. Oh, and its Kean's fault that he has to pick one of our out of form strikers who then fails to score.

He's getting his shots in early, ready for the Kean bashing session he's having between 3 and 5pm. If we lose, its Kean's fault, if we draw, its Kean's fault that we weren't ambitious enough and if we win its Kean's fault that we didn't win by more goals. It's also Kean's fault that Hoilett is faking an injury in order to avoid playing in the run in. Oh, and its Kean's fault that he has to pick one of our out of form strikers who then fails to score.

:lol:

Have you ever predicted us to win since joining just before Christmas? genuine question?

Course I have. Remember recently saying "I can't see us not winning this one", but, unfortunately, I was wrong.

I desperately hope that I am wrong today. Win today and there will be copious quantities of alcohol consumed tonight in celebration.

What a bundle of fun you are then!

• Backroom

What a bundle of fun you are then!

black-pot-kettle-obj058.jpg

On the game, tonight is a massive massive task, horrible time to go there for us, a point would be arguably the result of our season.

except won't Bridge be playing at left-back?

5 man midfield today hopefully and try and stifle them. Jones, Nzonzi, Peds/Emo Olssen and either Hoilet (hopefully) or Mame supporting whoever up front (may as well pull the names out of a hat)

Course I have. Remember recently saying "I can't see us not winning this one", but, unfortunately, I was wrong.

I desperately hope that I am wrong today. Win today and there will be copious quantities of alcohol consumed tonight in celebration.

I don't recall that, then again I can't remeber my own name some days, which game was that mercerman?

• Backroom

I don't recall that, then again I can't remeber my own name some days, which game was that mercerman?

I think it was on the morning of the Brum game, I remember being shocked at the time.

I think it was on the morning of the Brum game, I remember being shocked at the time.

Well I can see his reasoning, we should be beating Brum at home.

So he's given us 1 win since joining in December, even the most anti-Allardyce fan wouldn't go that far :rock:

Anyway I'm taking this far too seriously, I'm a nice, level headed guy usually, ask Tris :D

Clearly, one of the key requirements today is the need for cool heads. We MUST keep 11 men on the pitch, not only for the sake of this match but also the potential impact of suspensions on our final two matches. I know this might be stating the obvious, but Walton isn't the strongest of refs. Samba & J. Jones in particular need to say cool.

Clearly, one of the key requirements today is the need for cool heads. We MUST keep 11 men on the pitch, not only for the sake of this match but also the potential impact of suspensions on our final two matches. I know this might be stating the obvious, but Walton isn't the strongest of refs. Samba & J. Jones in particular need to say cool.

Very true, although against Bolton I felt if it was going to be anyone who got Sent off it was going to be Phil Jones.

Id also say keeping 11 players on the pitch is important for the next two games also

West Ham United starting XI - Green, Jacobsen, Bridge, Gabbidon, Da Costa, Hitzlsperger, Spector, Boa Morte, Sears, Ba, Cole

Substitutes - Boffin, Tomkins, Kovac, Collison, Hines, Piquionne and Keane

Blackburn Rovers starting XI - Robinson, Givet, Samba, Emerton, N'Zonzi, J.Jones, Olsson, Pedersen, Hoilett, Diouf and Roberts

Substitutes - Bunn, Hanley, Andrews, Formica, Santa Cruz, Benjani and Rochina

Archived