BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United (away - 7th May)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one for sweeping statements but RSC should never play for Rovers again after that performance. Totally pathetic, he did not try at all.

As for Kean's managing 0 the side was well set up first half and I was very impressed. We passed well, kept the ball, caused problems, thought that we had really turned the corner. Yet wile West Ham were always going to be better in the second, Kean made a deteriorating situation much worse with the insane substitutions.

Why? It defies understanding to get the balance, work ethic and shape right, and then take it apart....

Though I would agree with most of here that Kean's subs were mystifying - not such much Andrews - but Santa Cruz - who strolled around as though we winning 3-0. I don't think we can forget that West Ham have probably the best forward line in the bottom half of the table - huge credit to the defense and the immense Samba. For all the mistakes that Kean has made - lets celebrate the fact we came away from WHU with a point - something we haven't done for a long time.

Would've taken a point prior to the game.. but those substitions are baffling to say the least... Kean is way out of his depth and is a huge liability.. if we stay up it will be in spite of his best efforts to take us down not because of anything he has done

When is the last time we won at West Ham?

A number of posters were predicting losses before the game, one said 4-0 to West Ham.

We played some good football and earned a well deserved point.

How can so many people (virtually everyone) be of the opinion that Andrews shouldn't even be remotely close to getting a game, yet our managers keep giving him a game.

Can we all be wrong?

Got the much needed point but we were so lucky today. Looking at the play of both sides we didn't deserve a point and if West Ham's strikers had finished several clear cut chances we should have lost.

No clue why we switched off and sat back after taking the lead, Was it Kean's instructions? Was it down to the players? One thing is certain you have to question Kean's sub's today- we looked even worse after the changes.

Completely made my mind up on Kean he has to go, him staying is totally unacceptable.

• Backroom

West Ham will be behind us now. Blackpool would have to win Tottenham or Man Utd away and also Bolton at home. And Brum is also below us now. Almost there. Kean has to be sacked after this season. He doesn´t have the team on his side. Too bad Venky´s won´t sack him.

He has to go that is true but you can't say he doesn't have the team behind him really, we have shown good fight recently.

• Backroom

A 1-1 draw is good enough, I think. Samba was immense. Kean's subs were absolutely pathetic. Andrews ffs. RSC was worse, though. What a waste of space, can we send him back early? We didn't deserve to win and if Robbie Keane and Demba Ba had shown a single percentage of their supposed talent at putting the ball in the net we wouldn't have taken anything from this match.

Can't wait for this season to be over. I'm happy we got the point, but watching our team right now is a mostly painful and tiring experience. A lot of work to do in the summer to keep us up next year, assuming we stay up this year.

Samba = best performance from him in some time, blocked two certain goals in the dying minutes and was solid the whole game

Roberts = Get rid

Andrews = Get rid

Diouf = Send home

RSC = Send home

Pederson = only useful now in deadball situations

Kalanic = GIVE HIM A CHANCE!

The manager = looks more out of his depth with each passing game, his substitutions again cost us and he continues to pick the players that brownnose in the media

It looks like we are safe with effectively 40pts when you count our GD against those below us, however if our chicken mongering friends fail to ditch kean in the summer and get a proper manager our relegation will have merely been postponed for a season, we MUST get this clown out the managers chair he's just not good enough to be a manager of any team

A great but fortunate point. A suicidal 2nd half.

I just hope that we don't live to regret that 2nd half. Think WHAM are gone, Blackpool going and between us, Wolves, Brum & Wigan.

I think 40 points will be needed.

I'm not one for sweeping statements but RSC should never play for Rovers again after that performance. Totally pathetic, he did not try at all.

As for Kean's managing 0 the side was well set up first half and I was very impressed. We passed well, kept the ball, caused problems, thought that we had really turned the corner. Yet wile West Ham were always going to be better in the second, Kean made a deteriorating situation much worse with the insane substitutions.

Why? It defies understanding to get the balance, work ethic and shape right, and then take it apart....

I totally agree about RSC - I have always been a huge fan of his but the way he has strolled through his performances since his return - wouldn't care if I didn't see him in a Rovers shirt again.

The subs - I could see the logic - Andrews to replace Hoilett to stiffen up the midfield and presumably avoid Hoilett getting too tired and aggravating his previous injury. I presume RSC was brought on to hold the ball up - and again I can see the logic. BUT RSC didn't hold the ball up - didn't put in any effort and was a waste of space. Is this the managers fault - yes, because we have seen this type of poor performance since he returned to the club - he must be unbeleivable in training because he is **** on match days. Such a shame for somebody I considered (in his purple season) amongst the best strikers we have had at the club for a long time.

Archived