BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

So you don't buy the Newcastle link? I suppose it could just be a bit of mischief ahead of the game on Wednesday - but you never know...

Forgot about the Newcastle thing. It's possible, although they've just spent a fair bit on Cisse.

You might be right there LeChuck but the price could come down if Samba continues to kick up a fuss or refuses to play for the club again. And maybe Levy might loosen the purse strings a tad more now that Spurs seem viable title contenders. Hard to tell.

Maybe if Spurs can rid of one of their centre halves and we bring the price down...otherwise I don't see Levy sanctioning a move for Samba when they already have Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas, King, Bassong and Corluka on the books. They're pretty well run in that respect.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if Spurs can rid of one of their centre halves and we bring the price down...otherwise I don't see Levy sanctioning a move for Samba when they already have Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas, King, Bassong and Corluka on the books. They're pretty well run in that respect.

When you look at that list of players there you really can see a criminal waste of talent just sitting on the bench. The likes of Bassong, Corluka, Kranjcar and Piennar would also walk into most sides in the bottom half and make them immediately stronger.

If Samba did sign for Spurs thats a gamble he'd have to consider. Although with the way Venky's are running the club i don't think he'd ponder on it too long.

If Samba did sign for Spurs thats a gamble he'd have to consider. Although with the way Venky's are running the club i don't think he'd ponder on it too long.

Relavitely small pay rise + stonking great signing-on fee + increased sponsorship opporunities = one happy Samba.

Im almost sure they have there full allocation of oversea players hence they can't sign Tevez but Samba may have french passport ?

He was born and raised in France IIRC, so I imagine he does have one. Come to think of it, I don't think he would've gotten a work permit when we signed him, so I'm pretty certain he does have one.

Not a chance that Spurs will pay anything like the money Venky's are after for someone who will be 28 shortly, it just doesn't fit in with their transfer policy.

For the same reason I don't think Newcastle will sign him either, as I get the impression they're looking to utilize a similar transfer policy to Spurs, at least with regards to resale value. If they can get him cheaply I think they'd be interested, but at £8m+ (As I think that's the very minimum we'd consider) I think they'd look elsewhere.

Relavitely small pay rise + stonking great signing-on fee + increased sponsorship opporunities = one happy Samba.

You would think he'd be happy with that alright but if he truly is hell bent on playing in a side thats going places it might not take long for him to throw his toys again if he finds himself out of the picture.

oh AND good chance of playing CL football in the future with great players and a much better manager?

Or to be more negative

good chance of playing PL football next season.

Not every transfer is just about money for the players

Basically the majorityof spurs non first team 11 would walk into our first team, why would Samba not want to join them?

Basically the majorityof spurs non first team 11 would walk into our first team, why would Samba not want to join them?

I'm not saying he wouldn't want to join them, he'd be crazy not to, i'm merely pointing out that many a player has left smaller clubs to join one of the big boys with dreams of making it there only to end up on the bench and back at a smaller club a few seasons later.

The likes of Parker, SWP & Sidwell at Chelsea spring to mind.

He could walk into the Spurs team, establish himself as an ever present and help lead them to glory or he could end up like Bentley.

Mark Hughes seemed to rule out a move for Samba today. Asked whether he would make another bid, he replied: ``Unfortunately I don't give you many clues but I will try and steer you in the right direction: maybe [thinking we will sign Samba] is the wrong direction to go.''

Mark Hughes seemed to rule out a move for Samba today. Asked whether he would make another bid, he replied: ``Unfortunately I don't give you many clues but I will try and steer you in the right direction: maybe [thinking we will sign Samba] is the wrong direction to go.''

Cue Harry steeping up his interest now......if only he could work his phone properly :rolleyes:

Has anyone thought that maybe he had no intention of signing Samba and did it to destabilise one of the teams in the relegation battle?

Straight out of the 'arry Redknapp school of management

No sorry, i'm not nearly cynical enough to think that Bucky!! ;)

I think there was a genuine interest alright but a combination of the limited timeframe to do a deal and Rovers resiliance to sell made him look elsewhere.

No sorry, i'm not nearly cynical enough to think that Bucky!! ;)

I think there was a genuine interest alright but a combination of the limited timeframe to do a deal and Rovers resiliance to sell made him look elsewhere.

Did Hughes really think we would sell for £5m?

He is obviously not as clever as I thought

Did Hughes really think we would sell for £5m?

He is obviously not as clever as I thought

Hughes was / is hoping to get Samba on the cheap from a struggling club in heavy debt that may have to sell players in a firesale to keep the banks happy.

Very clever indeed.

Hopefully this time tomorrow Samba will still be a Rovers player. He is still our player, we still pay him a huge wage and he can still play a significant part in keeping us in the league before moving on in the summer for an amount that is fair and isn't dictated by the January window or the player. If for anything else, I will be glad to see a club finally stand up to players, who despite having contracts, can just declare at the drop of a hat that they are no longer happy and want a move and the club are the forced into selling him. This would be one of the few positives that the Indian turkey makers will have shown.

Hopefully this time tomorrow Samba will still be a Rovers player. He is still our player, we still pay him a huge wage and he can still play a significant part in keeping us in the league before moving on in the summer for an amount that is fair and isn't dictated by the January window or the player. If for anything else, I will be glad to see a club finally stand up to players, who despite having contracts, can just declare at the drop of a hat that they are no longer happy and want a move and the club are the forced into selling him. This would be one of the few positives that the Indian turkey makers will have shown.

I think he has probably gone beyond the point of return. However thinking about it if Kean picks him and he refuses to play can we fine him his wages until he does play? If that's the case he might be coerced into playing. But then do you want a guy who hates you in your team?

I think we're in a very tricky situation if we don't sell him tomorrow.

I think he has probably gone beyond the point of return. However thinking about it if Kean picks him and he refuses to play can we fine him his wages until he does play? If that's the case he might be coerced into playing. But then do you want a guy who hates you in your team?

I think we're in a very tricky situation if we don't sell him tomorrow.

I would let him rot in the reserves. I really would. He signed a contract. He can make all the claims he wants about what was promised to him on signing the contract. To just down tools and say "I don't want to be here anymore and I'm not going to give 100%" followed by an obligatory "I hope the fans understand", is a sickening way to behave.

What does that say to a potential buyer about a players attitude, what if a bigger team comes in for him at this new club? Will he show the same level of disrespect and demand a move? Eff him. Let him train with the reserves and maybe he will wise up, help us stay up and in the summer get the dream move he's been banging on about for the past couple of seasons.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a bigger club at all. He's been a fantastic player for us and if we sell him in the summer we could get 30 times would we paid for him. But to be the team captain, with the club being in the position they are and to act like this, no matter what the owners have promised him (no doubt they promised the world to other senior players, but I haven't seen them going on strike), is a complete disgrace and he shouldn't be rewarded with a move.

Archived