BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

I don't think any of us would want to work for Venky's and Steve Kean, so quite frankly, there is a part of me that doesn't blame Samba for having this dummy spit.

However, you have to balance that with loyalty to the fans and loyalty to your team mates, all of us who are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Ultimately, the only person he is going to hurt is himself. It's all well and good to say that sitting on the sidelines for 3 or 4 months is not going to depreciate his own value because he is such a quality player, but the reality is that lack of top flight match practice and fitness and simply being out of the public eye is going to have a knock on neffect on his value, and ultimately the wage he is going to be able to command.

A sad state of affairs.

I hope he decides to knuckle down, get back on the pitch, and put in a good 3 months to help us stay up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is assuming that it is Samba who does not want to play - what if he is not allowed to play by the Venkys and Kean doesn't have a say in the matter?

Take last week for example : first Samba is available but not picked - then he has a hamstring injury - then he doesn't - then hes back in training but not fit to play a reserve game - it just tale after tale eventually we might get the truth but it will be too late then.

Need him against Villa. They have let in 11 goals on corner kicks this season.

Good stat.

Its in the opposition box that we've missed him. Defence-wise I don't think there's much between him and Givet and Hanley is coming on well.

The fault is 100% with the Management and ownership of Blackburn Rovers.

Chris Samba is a hero.

Not quite the Hero, philip, but close to it.

He should have come out and supported the fans a bit more, then he would have been a hero.

Still, I'd rather have a Chris Samba than a Steve Kean. One's an asset, the other a liability.

A captain who refuses to play in an important relegation battle and you call him a hero???

If you were made promises that turned out to be untruths, would you be ###### off?

I know I would and mightily so.

Give Samba some credit. I just wish that he had included the fans in his rant.

If you were made promises that turned out to be untruths, would you be ###### off?

I know I would and mightily so.

Give Samba some credit. I just wish that he had included the fans in his rant.

Right as his greivences may be I do not think someone who is getting paid 60k a week refusing to play is a hero.

A self interested grasper is closer to the mark. If you sign an enormous contract you have to live with the concequences. That is what a contract is. We have all been there. All of our jobs include aspects we do not like and do not want to do. You get on with it.

My boss lies to me every day. I still turn up to work!

The roof leaks in our brand new building and far from being put right, it gets worse each time it rains. We're an ICT college where the ICT doesn't work, resulting in kids sitting around for 10 mins for their netbooks to start up and a further 5 for them to log in if they do. The senior staff keep asking us to do more whilst having caved in to an architect who designed a lovely building that is scarcely fit for purpose as a school as we already have too few classrooms for the number of classes we teach and many of the spaces we teach in are without walls meaning that you can have an Urdu lesson, a French lesson, a German lesson and a geography lesson all taking place within 10 feet of one another with only flimsy screens between them. And still not only are we expected to work but to deliver better results than our already best ever, last year. You do what you get paid to do however much you earn because of professional pride and loyalty to the rest of the team who are working under the same bad conditions, have been told the same half truths and even, though not in the case of our management at school, downright lies. You go to work because those you work with deserve better than for you not to turn up or give nothing when you are there. At least most of you do - and then there is Samba. I'm sorry Philip. the guy is not a hero. Unless he is genuinely injured or he is being prevented from playing then he is a disgrace to his profession.

• Moderation Lead

Venky's are clearly clueless, but calling Samba a hero- FFS Philip.

He's gone way too far, he didn't get the transfer he wanted, now he needs to get his head down until the end of the season, when it looks even likelier than ever that he'll get his wish.

I'm as anti-Venky's and Kean as the next person, I can only imagine you're on the wind-up with your ludicrous claims of herosim.

Kean bullsh1tting about yet another phantom injury just adds fuel to the fire! :angry:

Can't believe that we took such a tough stance in the january window and said he was not for etc. and lately Kean has been saying he expects him back playing soon etc and now we are flogging him to Russia?

Gives Venkys a good cover as well. Collect £12million and don't reinvest it into the playing squad as the window is shut.

Although they could give some of it to Kean as a pay off and hire a proper manager!

Guest Rovers4Good

Can't believe that we took such a tough stance in the january window and said he was not for etc. and lately Kean has been saying he expects him back playing soon etc and now we are flogging him to Russia?

Gives Venkys a good cover as well. Collect £12million and don't reinvest it into the playing squad as the window is shut.

Although they could give some of it to Kean as a pay off and hire a proper manager!

Same old Kean bullmuck just a different day. :)

Archived