BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Samba is really valued as a £12-15m player then surely someone is going to swoop for a 'bargain' £10m deal before the window closes.

We won't have any time left to spend it though.

Which is probably all part of the plan.

I think if we have to listen to platitudes from a "dignified Steve Kean" saying that we had things lined up but "the clock just beat us" then he should be done for incitement.

Mercer why do you keep making such bold guesses?

You'll only end up with egg on your face.

Not a guess.

I have a friend up there with good Newcastle connections. He thinks that Pardew fancies Samba strongly, Newcastle have substantial funds for the right signing but they don't go around shouting about it (Carroll money etc) and if they can get him for seven figures (single millions) then they will.

Rovers will never, ever get £15m for him. Speculation is that they'd now take £12m, however, if someone comes in with something not far from £10m then, IMO, the decision will be Barclays.

I put a cheeky tenner on yesterday @ 33/1, so we'll see.

It is a MB and is therefore open for rumour and speculation. After all, how much of the stuff in the daily nationals happens ?

I expect Samba to be a Newcastle player by Tuesday night with a fee of betweem £8 & £9m.

Do you think he would have the cheek to play against us 24 hours later at Ewood?

Or would he still be "ill" for that one?

I think Spurs will swoop late, thats harrys style. Maybe with Bassong in exchange or a loan signing to help us out like Pienaar, Pavlachenko, Defoe or Krankjaer.

IF Samba does go to Newcastle you cant help but feel if we signed P.Cisse in the summer that may have been the kind of ambition Samba wanted to see from the club and he might have stayed?

I expect Samba to be a Newcastle player by Tuesday night with a fee of betweem £8 & £9m.

merceman on brfcs saying samba to newcastle 9 million. It's 25/1 with sky bet do you think it's worth a tener

reluctantnicko Alan Nixon

@ @ellpick Not even worth a tenner of HIS money

Another one bites the dust! :lol:

merceman on brfcs saying samba to newcastle 9 million. It's 25/1 with sky bet do you think it's worth a tener

reluctantnicko Alan Nixon

@ @ellpick Not even worth a tenner of HIS money

Another one bites the dust! :lol:

If Nicko knew everything, he wouldn't be wasting his time on Twitter, he'd be taking the bookies to the cleaners ! ;)

Didn't mercerman's newcastle source say that alan smith was coming rovers on loan? The man has no credibility with his wild predictions.

Not bothered what you think pal - as I've said before, if I hear something, it goes on here. If it proves to be incorrect then tough, it it proves correct then fine. It is after all, a MB where gossip & speculation are part of the fun, I thought ! I am not one of those egotistical so called ITK's who "know something but can't reveal any further detail" Least I put my money where my mouth is (£10 on Samba to Newcastle @ 33/1).

Not bothered what you think pal - as I've said before, if I hear something, it goes on here. If it proves to be incorrect then tough, it it proves correct then fine. It is after all, a MB where gossip & speculation are part of the fun, I thought ! I am not one of those egotistical so called ITK's who "know something but can't reveal any further detail" Least I put my money where my mouth is (£10 on Samba to Newcastle @ 33/1).

Well Merc, i've had a much smaller wager on that, just cos your tips, inevitable subsequent defence of them, and other posters reaction always make me chuckle. :D

So what you are saying Imy9, is, Samba is up for sale providing the price is right.

What I am saying is that EVERY player is for sale but the owners will not sell him for less than they think he is worth. Currently think 15 million is the figure but I guess they may accept a little less, 12 million is my guess.

So what you are saying Imy9, is, Samba is up for sale providing the price is right.

No, I think it was pretty obvious he was saying that he doesn't think Samba will sign for Newcastle, and Mercerman's tip will be added to his long list of ridiculous wrong guesses.

Didn't mercerman's newcastle source say that alan smith was coming rovers on loan? The man has no credibility with his wild predictions.

Why shoot people down all the time, this forum whould be pretty boring if no one put their views across.

Not a guess.

I have a friend up there with good Newcastle connections. He thinks that Pardew fancies Samba strongly, Newcastle have substantial funds for the right signing but they don't go around shouting about it (Carroll money etc) and if they can get him for seven figures (single millions) then they will.

Rovers will never, ever get £15m for him. Speculation is that they'd now take £12m, however, if someone comes in with something not far from £10m then, IMO, the decision will be Barclays.

I put a cheeky tenner on yesterday @ 33/1, so we'll see.

It is a MB and is therefore open for rumour and speculation. After all, how much of the stuff in the daily nationals happens ?

You don't need to justify your opinion Mercerman. You only introduce information as a hunch or a strong rumour...too many others (usually on Sundays) who outright claim to be "connected" and "in the know" are very often wrong too but people don't seem to round up on them for some reason.

I hope your bet comes in and the boat rocker is moved on. We miss out on Samba in January as if he's at the African Cup and he's well and truly weed on his chips as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed.

And Nixon saying that there's no chance of it happening only makes me more likely to stick a cheeky tenner on it too.

That guy has a worse success rate with his 'stories' than Jason Roberts does at finishing.

Archived