BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

IF Samba listens to a word his Agent has to say, then surely he will be told 'No big offers came in for you, so go out and prove what your worth to get a move in the summer'.

Think he will be QPR bound in the summer, and fair play if he is, aslong as the fee is what WE want.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean said after the match yesterday that Samba wanted to play against Newcastle but he didn't think it was right until they had spoken about it.

Hopefully Dann can go back on the bench against Arsenal then. Samba can be a real threat against teams a bit soft in the air.

Fair play to Venky's for not letting Samba have his way

I agree if he plays again ...But if he doesn't we should have sold him ....We are not Man City , and cannot afford one of our better players kicking his heels ..

But, I guess he has been lied too like the rest of us .

Sometimes you have to make a stand. Have to show that you won't just give in to player power.

By not selling him is making a stand. If would be feckin wreckless management to leave him out of any more games. He's one of our best players. If anything i think Samba will play out of his skin for two reasons. The first is to get his "Dream Move" in the summer. Secondly when he plays,any loose ball or lapse in concentration will be scrutinised. He's got to play well to avoid any bad PR.

Sometimes you have to make a stand. Have to show that you won't just give in to player power.

Don't kid yourself. IF we had got an offer that was anywhere near his value he would have been sold regardless of what time it was on the 31st

By not selling him is making a stand. If would be feckin wreckless management to leave him out of any more games. He's one of our best players. If anything i think Samba will play out of his skin for two reasons. The first is to get his "Dream Move" in the summer. Secondly when he plays,any loose ball or lapse in concentration will be scrutinised. He's got to play well to avoid any bad PR.

'"Blackburn need players who are 100 per cent for the club — and I'm not.

"The only way to solve this is for them to let me go. It will be very difficult for me to play for this team again."

"I'm at the end of the road here. I'm not going to change so, for their good and mine, they must sell me now."'

Guest Rovers4Good

Don't kid yourself buddy, He hates Kean he hates the Venky's just like the rest of us. :)

He has told Kean he doesn't want to play for us again and that's the reason he's not been training for the 1st team for a while.

He may change his mind in time to get a few games but if Kean keeps up the rubbish in the press then i'm sure Samba will stick to his guns. :(

We know what samba has said, but footballers can't always be relied on to do what they say. I think he would be stupid to not play til summer. Zero chance of a big move if he does, he would end up at a middling club at best.

i doubt that, class is class, everyone and their dog know samba is a topclass defender so regardless of wether he plays this season again he will have alot of suitors in for him especially if we go down as they know venkys will have to sell the biggest earners left at the club to stay afloat!!!

Roverandout...not at the prices asked by venkys compared to the prices actually offered, that even being before the six month hissyfit. However, I accept the situation will be totally different if we go down, as a malcontent 60k a year defender would definitely need to go then, and we would be forced to accept fairly derisory offers.

I see Bassong had an excellent debut at Wolves. Gutted we couldn't work something out with Spurs where we received him as part of the deal.

He made Garth Crook's team of the week:

Why, oh why have not more ambitious sides invested in the Tottenham centre-back?

All credit to Mick McCarthy for taking him to Molineux. Bassong was another reason for Wolves turning what looked certain defeat, prior to the departure of Cisse, into victory. I can't help feeling that QPR boss Mark Hughes may have missed a trick there!

Did you know? Bassong misplaced just two of his 42 passes within his own half this weekend.

I see Bassong had an excellent debut at Wolves. Gutted we couldn't work something out with Spurs where we received him as part of the deal.

He made Garth Crook's team of the week:

Why, oh why have not more ambitious sides invested in the Tottenham centre-back?

All credit to Mick McCarthy for taking him to Molineux. Bassong was another reason for Wolves turning what looked certain defeat, prior to the departure of Cisse, into victory. I can't help feeling that QPR boss Mark Hughes may have missed a trick there!

Did you know? Bassong misplaced just two of his 42 passes within his own half this weekend.

He would be too expensive. see according to the sun we're lining up some guy from Ohlanense in Portugal to replace Samba. Cost 1.5 million. Reckon that sounds about right, even if it is the Sun.

I dont know if any of you are aware of a much smaller forum called roverstalk? I just had a quick scan and had the misfortune of reading a member saying

"Actually, it does if you refuse to sell for anything less than £800k. By placing that price tag on it, it's worth that until you disprove it by accepting less."

In response to someone saying that there house isnt worth 800k just cos they say so, they were trying to point out that Samba might not be worth to the rest of the PL what Kean values him at.

Now how moronic would you have to be to come up with an answer like that above? According to this "Gibbon" character we could have the most expensive squad in the league? Petrovic is valued at 300 million and unless we sell him for less than that therfor disproving it he is a 300 million pound player!!! We ALL know that property/players/antiques etc are only worth what you can get for them.

The media were suggesting Dann would go to Arsenal or Liverpool for 12 million in the summer, we got him for around 6 - 8 mil?

Birmingham might have thought he was worth 12 but in reality if only one club bids 6 - 8 mil for him, then thats his going rate.

So yes we want to sell Samba (well we want to keep him but hes forcing a move) for 10 - 15 million but we might have to accept 6 - 8 million if thats all thats out there.

Oh hang on 26% of fans on this Roverstalk forum think Kean shouldnt be sacked!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! Says a lot about them!!!!

Steve Kean expects Blackburn captain Chris Samba to play again ;)

but then, oh dear..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Chris-Samba-facing-backlash-from-team-mates-unimpressed-by-attempts-to-get-transfer-article863468.html

read the headline...

Blackburn's Samba to be sent to Coventry

read the article...

Chris Samba is facing a backlash from some Blackburn team-mates over his attempt to force through a move.

Players are unimpressed by Samba’s unsettling behaviour when the club is fighting for survival in the Premier League.

They are appalled by the skipper’s claim that he will be unable to give his all for Rovers because they would not sell him last month.

A source said: “Some of the players, including one or two senior ones, are unhappy with the way Samba, who’s supposed to be the captain, has been carrying on.

“He tried to hold the club to ransom while everyone was doing their best to keep the club up and there have been a few verbals.”

Manager Steve Kean, however, is prepared to forgive Samba if he knuckles down for the remainder of the campaign.

He claims Samba pulled out of a comeback game for the reserves on Tuesday because of hamstring and back problems.

“We’ve not spoken about anything to do with him giving his word or any public statements,” added the Blackburn boss.

Archived