SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

That's a blow about Samba, need to hold out for every extra penny and I believe Mrs Desai will.

Let's hope things get moving the other way this week

That's a blow about Samba, need to hold out for every extra penny and I believe Mrs Desai will.

Yeah, I sure hope so. He is our best player, and when we have just sold a player like Jones for 16 mill, why would we sell Samba for 10-12 mill? He is our best player, he is only 27 years old, lots of good seasons in him, got contract until 2015 and has shown what a great defender he is over a few seasons now.

If we sell him for less than Jones I will be disappointed and baffled! If we get 20 mill (which is not going to happend I reckon, with Wenger holding on to every penny he's got) I will accept the sale and we could bring in a new good defender for a smaller fee and still have a few quid left to someone else.

Samba will go to Arsenal, I think. Its just a matter of getting a fair price for him. With Fabregas on his way to Barca, maybe Wenger wont mind splashing a few extra millions! :rolleyes:

To be honest If I was Rovers I wouldnt sell Samba for any less than Jones anyway, he is our main man, a better defender and makes much more impact than Jones. He's a bigger loss for us.

So £16.5m please, which will see us clear £14m if he does go!

I hate it when we have money to spend then sell a player and then the only money we spend is from the sale of our players and the initial transfer budget goes missing. Happens all the time with Rovers. I just cant see us spending £26M plus Samba's fee if he goes.

didnt realise that 15% of the sale of samba goes to hertha berlin

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13945953&r=tw&c=38

I can't believe we keep getting done for those bloody sell on clauses. We could have easily made a deal for an unwanted reserve team player without adding it in, another £200k or so on top probably would have done the trick.

For all the good work JW did, that was one really poor part of the previous regime. We've lost out on millions. At least Desai doesn't seem a soft touch so maybe we won't be so soft in the negotiations from now on.

I was glad to see Nicko say that if he was leaving it would be for big money.

Good news indeed, Venky's I dont think enjoyed the bend over treatment from united. Plus Samba may want to stay if we start splashing the cash soon. Arsenal certainly dont look as if the are dying to get a deal done.

Nice looking Bird by the way, Brad.

As far as I am aware Wenger has said this window he is actually going to spend for once.

Probably shouldn't have said that.

Must have felt under pressure from the fans to make such a rookie error. Or maybe from his bosses. I presume the former though.

We should at least demand £25m for Samba if Arsenal want him.

Seriously?

Samba wants to leave, that's in the Arse's favor.

They would never pay anywhere near that.

Seriously?

Samba wants to leave, that's in the Arse's favor.

Be lucky to get 10-12m for him.

Well we have been told he won't leave unless for big money. Sounds to be like a minimum of £15mil is guaranteed.

PremRumours Premiership Rumours

TRANSFER RUMOURS: McLeish is set attempt to make #BRFC's Chris Samba his first signing in an attempt to strengthen his defence. #AVFC, just quoted from twitter

Bring on a bid but they'll have to pay big. Samba would go down in my estimation if he did go too, given that they've lost more key players than us so far this close season, with another key one to follow, and they seem to have stalled.

Archived