BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba is certainly doing his best to alienate himself with the Ewood faithful.

My only reservation in selling him this season is the fact we could KO with a completely new back four, fine if we get them in early enough otherwise could spell disaster for the first ten games or so.

Goes without saying that his replacement has to be signed before he leaves.

Samba - "I hope the club will understand if I want to make the step up and not prevent a deal."

The best thing we can do with Samba is to stop him running his mouth. He wants to go, and has for 18 months, thats clear.

We should come out and say Samba is a better and more experienced defender than Phil Jones and therefore will only be sold if a club offers us, what we value him at, that price is £20m cash, upfront no installments. End of....if someone is daft enough to pay it then sell him & move on, if not - he stays! :angry2:

Anything like £9-12m is an insult

Kean - no pressure to sell Samba

In other words, no release clause! Arsenal will have to stump up big cash for him I think, so I dont think they will get him!

From Sky Sports

We don't have to sell him," he said. "He signed a five-year contract in the last window. He's one of the players we would like keep.

"I said earlier this year you are always going to have interest in your good players. It means they're playing well and you're playing well as a team."

Kean continued: "We're going to try and hold on to all our good players

"It was difficult with Phil Chris because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United Arsenal and he wanted to play Champions League football now and we're not there yet. I'm sure we will be in the next three or four seasons. decades"

As Clint Eastwood said in The Outlaw Josey Wales - don't p!ss on my back and tell me it's raining

I think it's hard to argue it's Kean's fault that Samba and Jones are leaving.. What's more likely to make them stay? A huge budget and finally some ambition albeit with Steve Kean at the helm or mediocrity with Big Sam?

When Arsenal and Man Utd come calling you're going to want to leave rather than fight for mid table. If this transfer budget and the prospect of proper quality players doesn't make them stay, nothing will.

I think it's hard to argue it's Kean's fault that Samba and Jones are leaving.. What's more likely to make them stay? A huge budget and finally some ambition albeit with Steve Kean at the helm or mediocrity with Big Sam?

When Arsenal and Man Utd come calling you're going to want to leave rather than fight for mid table. If this transfer budget and the prospect of proper quality players doesn't make them stay, nothing will.

What makes people stay is action. What stopped Venkeys/Kean going out and buying someone and saying to PJ this is the type of player we are looking to bring to Rovers? Players don't leave a winning club.

Would like to see Stefan Savic as a possible replacement, big strong defender only young but has international experience and has also played in the UEFA cup. He would cost around 6million but would fit in with venkys thinking of signing potential and making a profit later on.

What makes people stay is action. What stopped Venkeys/Kean going out and buying someone and saying to PJ this is the type of player we are looking to bring to Rovers? Players don't leave a winning club.

They do for United. Wouldn't have mattered who we bought if Jones wanted to go.

Samba has given every drop of blood and sweat for us in the last two seasons, he out of anyone in the squad deserves the oppertunity to go to a bigger team and he knows that, otherwise why would he be saying this stuff every week. get a fee of around 14 mill and i'd sell.

I can't believe anyone would question Samba's commitment as he has always given great service to our club and kept us from a disastrous relegation last season.

If you look at the quote's attributed to Samba he cites 4 seasons of inaction and under-investment in the club as the reason he would like the opportunity to leave. I hate the view taken by some that everything was fine and rosy before Venky's took over. If the takeover had never happened and Big Sam was still lumbering about Ewood, Samba's head would still be turned by a potential deal with Arsenal. Rovers, or indeed anyone outside the 6 biggest spenders in the league, can not hold on to their best players, simple as that.

If that was true he would wait until at least August to see what we have done....he isnt giving them a chance, its the past seasons which has made him want bigger things, not what we are doing now!

"What makes peoples stay is action"

if people think us signing a 15 million pound striker will pursuade samba to stay than im sorry, you know nothing about football.

who would you rather play for: Kean or Wenger

What Stadium would you rather play in: Ewood or Emirates

Champions League or No Champions League?

Who would you rather train with: Holiett, Robinson and N'Zonzi or Fabregas, Van Persie and Nasri.

Fighting for the title or fighting to break into the top 10?

Samba is as good as gone, i hope we recive an offer and let him go, cus an angry and want-away samba aint the type of player i'd want around the training ground. sell, rebuild, move on.

"What makes peoples stay is action"

if people think us signing a 15 million pound striker will pursuade samba to stay than im sorry, you know nothing about football.

who would you rather play for: Kean or Wenger

What Stadium would you rather play in: Ewood or Emirates

Champions League or No Champions League?

Who would you rather train with: Holiett, Robinson and N'Zonzi or Fabregas, Van Persie and Nasri.

Fighting for the title or fighting to break into the top 10?

Samba is as good as gone, i hope we recive an offer and let him go, cus an angry and want-away samba aint the type of player i'd want around the training ground. sell, rebuild, move on.

Get with the programme we will be in the Champions League in a few years. Did you miss that memo?? :rolleyes:

If Arsenal sign Samba and keep their current team I'll be betting on them winning a trophy next season. Fantastic team, but they've just been a team of prissy girls for the past couple of seasons. Samba's a badass though and he will #### people up for them, even Messi would ###### his pants!

I still hope he stays, even if for one more season, but if he leaves then I'll hold no grudges and will be glad he's joining Arsenal out of all the other clubs. It would be a great move for both Samba and Arsenal - massive loss for us though...

If Arsenal sign Samba and keep their current team I'll be betting on them winning a trophy next season. Fantastic team, but they've just been a team of prissy girls for the past couple of seasons. Samba's a badass though and he will #### people up for them, even Messi would ###### his pants!

I still hope he stays, even if for one more season, but if he leaves then I'll hold no grudges and will be glad he's joining Arsenal out of all the other clubs. It would be a great move for both Samba and Arsenal - massive loss for us though...

Agrre with that. If he does go, I'm off to the bookies to put cash on them!

Archived