BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

Do clubs ever do these kind of deals in real life? How do you agree the valuation? How do players feel knowing they're only worth a third or a quarter of Samba? Don't see it as even a possibility myself.

Swaps rarely happen these days, but it could arranged for Spurs to pay us for Samba and then we use the cash to buy two of their players.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont see why samba is so eager to get away now, surely he must see arsenal dont rate him as highly as blackburn do or they would have put in a serious offer by now,

wenger doesnt like paying over the odds for players, fair enough, but i think blackburn would accept 12mill which is very reasonable for an established prem league defender(thats a natural leader) and still in his 20s.

Samba a bad influence?

You're kidding right?

He was the leader of the pack last season, the man around which we managed to survive.

He has done wonders for BRFC in the last 4.5 years, and to be honest he should have ambition to be the best he can, to achieve the most he can in his career

- it is that drive that we want to see in our players and yes sometimes that means they want to leave for pastures new -

- at least he has given us plenty of service Mr Jones!

Yes we want recompensing but his desire to take what could be his last chance to go to a big club is understandable and for mine forgiveable given his efforts whilst here.

Big Chris Samba - what a man, it might not work out if he does go but he has deserves the chance.

I think the issue people have Jim Royle is the fact that Samba constently goes public, with his desire to leave. His agent can and will be earning his money by whoring Samba to any 'big' club this would be done with or without the blessing of BRFC. I doubt Wenger or Redknapp etc sit and watch Sky Sports news or read the Sun to see which players are unsettled.

Nobody can deny Samba is one if not the star man here, but there are ways and means of doing things and his constant dripping to the press is no good for anybody. Big Chris would be great for Arsenal and would in my opinion answer most if not all of their defensive issues, he would need to win over their fans who are seeking marquee signings.

Samba shouldn't be suprised. He signed a contract six months ago to get a big rise in his basic wage, but when he did that he put Rovers in the driving seat in terms of his future. That's what contracts are about.... You can't have your cake and eat it. Well, unless you get a clause inserted like big phil....

To be honest as much as he mouthes off if we get in the targets we want I am sure Samba will be interested to see how it all pans out over the next season.

If he does stay it will beinteresting to see what happens with the captaincy....

I don't have a problem letting players get their move to a top 4 club - that's what'll help us attract up and comers. It's losing them to Villa I couldn't stand.

I hope he gets his big chance, he's put in a shift for us, though personally I thought he was the same old Samba until Blackpool 2nd half, after that he was magnificent.

Not sure he's good enough for Champions league; loses players easily and I always thought his heading was rudimentary.

Good luck to him though

The problem is with us, the fans - w take it personally - no other significant others do, by that I mean players, managers, directors,, agents etc it is business and its gloves off.

Modric has said he wants to leave Spurs, PJ left us for Old Trafford, Samba has his eyes set on more gold and I reckon we've had good value - it is dog eat dog, but us fans like to claim loyalty, when in reality we only want that loyalty on our terms

- if the player concerned is good then we demand he should stick with his new contract

- if the player concerned is not so good then get him out the door asap and bugger the length of his contract

So we're just as fickle as others but are blinkered to our desires for our club

If he stayed I would be happy as it's someone we don't have to replace and he's been fantastic for us. He'd have to prove himself mentally though, and I wouldn't want these outbursts every window.

If he went I wouldn't be bothered and would be happy with the money and glad we lost him at a time when it appears that the finances generated through player sales are being reinvested into the playing squad. I wouldn't be clapping him on return, but I wouldn't be booing him. Had he left with more respect I would have clapped him of course, after the game, providing he'd behaved which I would have had no reason to believe he wouldn't have.

As things stand I've been in the mindset that he's leaving for a few weeks and I'd forgotten he might actually stay.

As things stand I've been in the mindset that he's leaving for a few weeks and I'd forgotten he might actually stay.

Me too - although Im now thinking its looking less and less likely that a club will meet our price.

Arsenal have apparently opened talks with Bolton over Cahill

had enough about talking about chris samba, lets face it if he was going he would be gone by now, its all been talk, talk, talk. Arsene wenger wouldnt know a good centre back if it came and slapped him in the face.

Archived