BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing from 2 very reliable sources that Spurs have made a bid for Samba. Very bad news.

More money for the Rao household. :angry2:

I bet they are loving having this English premier league football club.

Its too soon to the start of the season, just turn it down point blank. We aint gonna get anyone as good as Samba in in 10 days.

Agreed , if we sell it could be disastrous and would send out the wrong signal and let's not forget he's only a few months into a lucrative 5 yr deal so we have no need to sell. This could well be the acid test for venkys

Will get more details tomorrow. Knowing Levy he will start with a low bid. Not sure if Samba fancies move to Spurs.

Possible could not have been timed better with the Family in town, somehow I have a feeling this will get shoved right up their jacksie.

Ms Desai has a point to prove.

Not sure why so many fans seem to go on about part exchange deals as something they either a) think is likely to happen or b ) actually want to happen.

In real life (as opposed to Football Manager) theyre actually quite rare as most clubs have the good sense not to be limited to just the selling team's players when looking for a replacement.

Possible could not have been timed better with the Family in town, somehow I have a feeling this will get shoved right up their jacksie.

I agree, i cant see mrs d taking any crap after the way they valued robbie kean so highly when we enquired,

play them at their own game, we want 20m all in one lump sum or were not selling take it or leave it, that should put them off

It's quite telling though that, despite being our team captain, he's not part of the "V4" (Nelsen, Roberts, Dunn, Peds).

I can see him being sold before the window shuts.

The timing is awful too. Just when we finally (almost) have some good news with Goodwillie.

I only hope we have been scouting someone to replace him 'just in case' but again we are likely to downgrade.

I wouldn't want Defoe. He needs to play off a main striker so we'd still need someone else.

He can't spearhead an attack, look how poor his form was last season when Spurs changes formation to accommodate Van Der Vaart.

I'd prefer Pavyluchenko.

Please show us that you know how to play hardball and you just dont fall over for the top teams and accept everything.

Dont think this is Samba's dream move anyhow. He will see that he needs to perform every season to get his dream move.

If Defoe and Bassong were offered for Samba in a straight swap, what would people do in that case?

I'd most definately be interested in a deal like that. Defoe is a class player, however as Lechuck says we would still need another striker in to get the best out of him.

Personally looking at it 10M is an insult & they know where they can stick their 10M. I would not even accept Bassong IMO not as good as Samba. We should play them at their own game swap Samba for Defoe & Modric see how they like that deal. Reading some of Samba's comments if we turn this bid down I can't really see him making a huge fuss he seems like a good honest pro after his comments about the Arsenal saga. So I say only accept any bid if it is suitable to us otherwise turn it down. Does anyone think it strange though just after they sign Friedal they try for Samba he's probably had a word in Harry's ear.

Archived