BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

Its nice to see that he has enough respect for the club and its fans not to throw a tantrum and start mouthing off to the press though. Even if he goes, which he probably will, I suspect that it will be one of the few outgoing transfers that doesn't leave a slight taste of resentment in the mouth.

Also its being reported that spurs are back in for him (mind you they're reported as in for everyone so that's not saying much), but at least the media's valuation of him is back up to £15m.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, whatever happens now Samba will have my respect. If I was him I'd want to go aswell and test myself in the Champions' League, but he's been a total professional about it. Also he hasn't done what some players do - tell barefaced lies one minute and go off the next minute. He's been respectful enough to our club without treating us like idiots and pretending he wants to stay here for the rest of his life.

Metro reporting that Samba one of three players Arsenal are going to bid for very shortly.

Third choice IMO behind Jagielka and Cahill dependent on how much they have to bid to force the sales.

Arsenal have only three spaces from last seasons squad for none home grown players, that is after the signing on Gervinho. Mata is a real possibiliy and if he puts Miyachi in the squad then that leaves one. Samba or English.

I'd be amazed if Arsenal bid for him because I don't think he is of that standard. Samba a great back to the wall defender but at chapions league level hmmmmmmmmm.

Signing Samba is not the sort of player toimpress fabregas to stay.

we'll see.

EVERTON boss David Moyes wants to sign Blackburn Rovers central defender Chris Samba if he loses Phil Jagielka to Arsenal.

The Scot has identifi ed Samba, who is also on an Arsenal short-list, as his number one choice to fi ll England defender Jagielka’s boots. A bid of around £10m could land Samba, 27, whose head has been turned by Arsenal’s interest. Moyes would have to convince the French-born Congolese international that he would be advancing his career by moving to Everton.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/262270/Everton-target-Chris-Samba

I'd be very disappointed if he went to Everton.

Thank goodness it's on the Daily Express. ;)

Sambas agent is a big Everton fan so make of that what you will.

Is his agent doing Moyes a favour or using Moyes by putting his name out so as to engineer a deal ?

Sambas agent is a big Everton fan so make of that what you will.

Is his agent doing Moyes a favour or using Moyes by putting his name out so as to engineer a deal ?

Can they afford him? Also, he is contracted to Rovers for five years so if we say no that's it. i still don't believe he would want to make a sideways move to Everton anyway.

Daily Express? Have they got an article about how Princess Diana feels about the proposed move?

Hahahaha! That made me properly guffaw!

In the par;ance of t'media I'll stick my neck out (eh?, eh?) and say I cannot see this being a goer. I mean Everton are a grand ol' club, but surely it'd be very much a sideways move for Samba?

Hearing from 2 very reliable sources that Spurs have made a bid for Samba. Very bad news.

Strange if true, Spurs desperately need a top striker if they're going to get back into the Champions League. I can't see Samba making much of a difference.

Any idea if there are players being offered in part exchange?

We should play hard ball just like they are doing over modric because samba is just as pivotal to us as modric is to them. No less then 20 million

Its too soon to the start of the season, just turn it down point blank. We aint gonna get anyone as good as Samba in in 10 days.

Archived