BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would let Samba go for Bassong + 10m, or Bassong plus Pavlychenko, or Bassong plus Palacios plus 4m. However I doubt Pavlychenko would be affordable wage wise or be interested. I can see Bassong and Palacios being up for it though.

As others have said Spurs don't mind the long haul so this could run and run....

Spurs are a nightmare to deal with,, they will quite happily let this drag until right upto deadline day.

Which presumably Rovers are fully aware of.

Why even get into a discussion with them.....

Let's not kid ourselves, he'll be gone sooner rather than later and Rovers know this otherwise he'd have been in Pune, as team captain, along with the others earlier in the week.

If we'd have signed some quality players and shown some real intent then we just might have been able to fight this off. However, what 'selling' points have we for Samba now other than talk, talk, talk.

Spurs are a nightmare to deal with,, they will quite happily let this drag until right upto deadline day.

Lets take some reassurance from the fact we screwed United to the wall over the Jones deal. Venkys won't be pushed around when it comes to selling players, Samba will leave if the valuation is met, if not he'll be staying.

My only worry is they'll sell on the final day if the price is right, giving Kean no time to repalce him.....you can see that coming a mile off with recent events.

Yeah at this stage I'd refuse. Samba seems like a good pro who'd take it reasonably well.

I would probably refuse as well considering how close the start of the season is. I don't agree totally on the 'good pro' bit, I think constant comments to the media about wanting to leave (especially at times when the club has been in some serious trouble) has dented that reputation quite a bit.

All those who keep coming up with these exaggerated cash + additional players Combinations need to realise this isn't football manager.

And Spurs need to realise that we have a realistic valuation of Samba based on his performances and the current market. He's an important player for us and if they want to play stupid by going in with low offers then we can be stupid and raise our demands.

Don't rule out a straight swap for Defoe as his days at Spuds are numbered with 2 new Strikers to arrive at WHL this month.

Defoe could also be part of a Player (Bassong) plus cash deal with him coming as a 6 month loan (with option to buy January) on top of the deal as a sweetener.

But from what I hear down South, Spuds will chase Samba and beat Arsenal to his signature. Word is Levy's cheque book is about to come out and spend big with 2 strikers, 1 or 2 midfilders and CD to arrive before deadline day. One of those strikers could be playing against them this weekend.

Also expect a few to be offloaded from their ranks too, with Villa, Stoke and Sunderland looking at Hutton, Keane, Jenas, Palacios & Crouch. Dos Santos also will move abroad very soon now his clause in his contract about sell on fee has expired.

Would also seem to be the only club to match Mata's valuation so far is Spuds but no deal as player wants CL football but may still move without it but I expect Arsenal will win this one and match Spuds offer.

Personally I would take a deal that involved Bassong + Cash and a loan deal for Defoe. Don't see much of a downside especially if we can agree a sale fee for Defoe as if he hits the ground running his fee could increase and I would imagine Defoe wants his England spot back and will want first team football which he is unlikely to get at WHL.

If Spurs want Samba then offer us 6 to 8 million pounds plus Defoe and I would take that for sure. Defoe would solve our striker problem that we have. Will the money we have got left over we could move for Scott Dann who we could get for about 6 to 8 million pounds, but I believe that Arsenal are looking at him so we would have to move for him quickly. If we can't get Dann then I would move for either Bassong or Ounoha.

Before we get carries away with swapsies, let's not forget that the counter weight has to agree to come to Rovers; not an easy sell these days.

Guillem_Balague Guillem Balague

by glen9mullan

Unconfirmed, it seems Spurs have made an offer to Blackburn for Samba. Lets see what stunt Venkys try and pull this time. More as I hear it.

Some will read that as good on Mrs D. Others will see a respected journalist writing in code expressing what all football thinks about the Venky's ownership at Blackburn.

The Sun "Spurs do not want to spend that much but are willing to offer some money while offloading a player such as Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane, David Bentley or Sebastian Bassong."

I wish this was true, Defoe and Bentley in a swap I'd take.

Our midfield is going to create changes anyway, so Maybe Defoe and 4 million.

If Spurs want Samba then offer us 6 to 8 million pounds plus Defoe and I would take that for sure. Defoe would solve our striker problem that we have. Will the money we have got left over we could move for Scott Dann who we could get for about 6 to 8 million pounds, but I believe that Arsenal are looking at him so we would have to move for him quickly. If we can't get Dann then I would move for either Bassong or Ounoha.

No way we will get Defoe and £6-8m

We value Samba at £12m - £14m do you really think Defoe is only worth about £6m?

He is a £10m-£14m players maybe even more if any bigger club come in and if manu sold Berba don't rule out them going for him

Providing there is no get out clause, then signing amba to a 5 year deal will surely increase the price on his head up to 13-14 million.

I think he is worth 10-12 in reality. And he probably is spurs level.

Losing him will be a nightmare though.

Apologies if this has been asked before [i haven't time at the moment to go all the posts in this thread], but does anybody know if there's a clause in Samba's contract, as there was in Phil Jones', specifying a minimum amount at which he can talk to any club offering that amount?

If so, given that the amount in Phil Jones' case was £16 million, surely Samba's will be higher? Also, 'Arry comes across to me as yer archetypal East End wheeler-dealer; so if there is to be any negotiation, let's be firm with him from the start that it starts [and doesn't finish!] at whatever figure is in Samba's contract.

Why would we take Defoe who is a very similar player to Willie ?

Don't we need another 'target' man who does actually score goals ?

Willie is a youngster who we don;t even know will have an impact or turn out any good. He may just be another Kenny Miller

How can you compare him to Defoe to on his day is a superstar and has proven it, he skinned Samba enough times.

I would like a target man too, but Defoe is a very good player.

The Sun "Spurs do not want to spend that much but are willing to offer some money while offloading a player such as Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane, David Bentley or Sebastian Bassong."

I wish this was true, Defoe and Bentley in a swap I'd take.

Our midfield is going to create changes anyway, so Maybe Defoe and 4 million.

Seems a perfect solution to our current situation doesn't it chris, so for that reason alone it won't happen.....

Bentley won't come back here, thinks he's bigger than us, 'billy big time' that one.

Why would we take Defoe who is a very similar player to Willie ?

Don't we need another 'target' man who does actually score goals ?

Defoe is a proven premiership goalscorer, Willie is a kid leanring the ropes isn't he :wacko:

Archived