BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chris Samba => Arsenal/Spurs

leerovers1980

Reports this morning that Bolton have reject Bendtner plus cash deal for Cahill.

Unwise IMO, if it was ten million, although maybe they'll be able to force more. Cahill is overrated, I don't really think he's worth more than ten, with the prices bandied around for people like Samba. To get Bendtner on top is a good offer in my books.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unwise IMO, if it was ten million, although maybe they'll be able to force more. Cahill is overrated, I don't really think he's worth more than ten, with the prices bandied around for people like Samba. To get Bendtner on top is a good offer in my books.

Don't get why they rejected the £10 million plus Bendtner. He would of replaced Elmander and given them money to get another centre half in.

I see they also signed Darren Prattley. Solid player.

Its a bit confusing for us as some journalists were saying the other day that we wanted Bendtner as part of the deal, now the suggestion is we don't.

From what I understand Arsenal are trying to shift Bendtner out and I can only imagine value him at 10M plus and I guess that wouldn't leave us with much cash if he was part of the Cahill deal, especially given his wages. Which is probably why, if reports are true we wouldn't want him on that basis.

We really need Arsenal to sort this out as we need to cash to rebuild and if we could get Lansbury in return plus money that would be a good deal. However, as its Arsenal I expect them to take 5 weeks pissing around negotiating then go to France and pick up some unheard of centre half for a few million.

Cahill and Samba would be a great partnership for Arsenal in my view. I really don't think Cahill is overrated either, great on the ball, quick, top 5 for aerail duels won in the premiership last season, strong, great tackler, and can knock the odd one in from 30 yards. Miles better than the likes of Lescott and look how much he went for. And I'll probably upset a few of you on here, but for me he's a class above Samba.

:lol: Behave, the English premium at work again!

Samba is a great stopper. No doubt. But Cahill is the complete defender. He can stride out comfortably on the ball, has scored some cracking goals, good passer, good in the air and quick and strong. He's also looked very good when he's played for England.

He is perfect for a top side IMO.

Like I say he and Samba would be cracking together for Arsenal, would transform them.

i agree, i think cahill is the better all-round defender too, samba is a great shot blocker and good in the air but cahill is a more classier defender, never looks out of place in an england shirt either. Cahill is made for the champions league, one of the top 10 defenders in the premiership, i think hes still only 25 too?

bendtner is an awful player, misses easy chances and swans around the pitch without putting any effort in, if he cant be bothered putting the effort in at a club like arsenal, what hope have rovers got?

bendtner is an awful player, misses easy chances and swans around the pitch without putting any effort in, if he cant be bothered putting the effort in at a club like arsenal, what hope have rovers got?

Awful??????? I'll give you the occasional swanning,and fluffed chances. Does he miss more than Roberts or Kalinic?

Is he fast or decent in the air? Howz his link-up and hold-up play? Why does he play for Arsenal?

I have absolutely no doubt he would score 15-20goals a season for us, still only 23 as well.

Bendtner would be like Dwight Yorke when we had him. A bit of skill, but lazy, arrogant and not bothered about trying. He is a grossly over rated player who'd act like a right Billy Big Balls despite being not much better than Roberts. I'd rather have £10-12m plus Lansbury, Song or Eboue if we're talking about part exchanges.

Awful??????? I'll give you the occasional swanning,and fluffed chances. Does he miss more than Roberts or Kalinic?

Is he fast or decent in the air? Howz his link-up and hold-up play? Why does he play for Arsenal?

I have absolutely no doubt he would score 15-20goals a season for us, still only 23 as well.

Just cause he plays for Arsenal does'nt make good Arsenal have a lot of very average players an bendtner is the worse of the lot. shocking , shocking player i'd rather have Kalinic.

But Cahill is the complete defender. He can stride out comfortably on the ball, has scored some cracking goals, good passer, good in the air and quick and strong.

Those are not particularly crucial qualities for a centre half. Just nice added extras. Samba's and Cahill's goal records are practically identical though, doesn't matter how pretty a goal is if it goes in. And Samba has been at this high standard for longer. He's also stronger, and IMO, better in the air than any other Prem centre half, regardless of what stats may say. And better on the ball than he's given credit for anyway (Including by our own fans at times). But hey, it's a game of opinions.

I really don't think Cahill is overrated either, great on the ball, quick, top 5 for aerail duels won in the premiership last season, strong, great tackler, and can knock the odd one in from 30 yards. Miles better than the likes of Lescott and look how much he went for.

And I'll probably upset a few of you on here, but for me he's a class above Samba.

Samba is better in the air and is better at defending set pieces (took that off the Arsenal analysis the other day we conceded 12 from set pieces last season, Bolton conceded 18).

As for great on the ball - we are used to seeing Samba powering from defence all the way through on goal.

Just done abit of comparison on the two

sambavcahill.jpg

Samba is better in the air and is better at defending set pieces (took that off the Arsenal analysis the other day we conceded 12 from set pieces last season, Bolton conceded 18).

As for great on the ball - we are used to seeing Samba powering from defence all the way through on goal.

Just done abit of comparison on the two

sambavcahill.jpg

Hughesy reading your stat does it mean that the more Samba plays the least likely Rovers are to finishing higher up the table.

Hughesy reading your stat does it mean that the more Samba plays the least likely Rovers are to finishing higher up the table.

:lol: I think that might have abit more to do with management and playing staff.

:lol: I think that might have abit more to do with management and playing staff.

That's the thing though isn't it? Those stats are fairly irrelevant, because a team's position and its number of clean sheets do not simply boil down to one player by any stretch of the imagination. It always riles me no end when somebody claims a defender or keeper in a top four team is better than one of ours and uses clean sheets as a justification for it. Obviously a top four team has more clean sheets, because they will have an overall better standard of defence (usually), and will spend most of their time attacking in the opponent's half.

dont worry guys. he loves the owners. he just tweeted this

cs4christsamba1 Samba Christopher

“@clareadarea: @cs4christsamba1 are you a nandos addict too :-)”// love chicken

:D:rolleyes:

he also said that he would like to see nzogbia here if were on a limited budget

Archived