BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(RB) Aleksandr Anyukov

Hughesy

Mentioned by Nicko in the "Russian Defender" thread.

Anjukov is the serious target from what I hear. His quotes back that up. He IS available,his contract IS running out and the clubs are talking about fees.

Russian Article

This is what it says (Nicko has since said we are talking over price - quote above)

Football team of Russia and St. Petersburg "Zenith" Alexander Anyukov rejected the proposal to the English "Blackburn" about the transfer.

28-year-old defender is not going to leave his current team, even though the conditions that he was ready to give Anyukovu British club.

- "Blackburn" was ready to offer lucrative contract Anyukovu - told Life Sports source "Zenith". - However, our captain, without thinking twice, I decided to give up this opportunity and stay with us.

More recently, Alexander admitted that he would not mind to consider the proposal of Albion.

- I am pleased with all the "Zenith" and would like to finish his career here. However, the championship of England I've always liked. Fighting a constant rate is supported by every second, there are no pauses, as in Russia. If from a good team suggested - would have thought, - has told Anyukov.

Anyukov is one of the most consistent defenders in our football. Turning to the "Zenith" in 2005, he was able to win various trophies at home, as well as the UEFA Cup and Super Cup.

Interest in the person of the Russian national team defender at different times showed such clubs as "Liverpool", "Bavaria", and now and "Blackburn."

The "Rovers" now there is an acute shortage of players in defense, because the right-back Michel Salgado, the team will soon hang up his boots, and Christopher Samba is going to go to the "Arsenal".

Anyukova contract with "Zenith" is valid until the end of December 2012

I read the Russian article. Shishkin has also rubbished the rumors. Pretty shocking considering that Anyukov has said before he wouldn't mind joining WBA, but has no interest in joining us for more money.

He basically said if he's gonna go to England it will be to a 'good' team. (Please don't use that word again) him then.

He has declined to join us.

Read on twitter yesterday he had turned down a move to us,apparently reported in some russian newspaper.

You both may indeed be correct but I think Nicko dismissed this when he replied to Hughesey saying the target couldn't be this guy, because of what Steo mentioned. So not dead and buried yet, but you could be correct.

Another article saying he rejected us

Google translate

"OREANDA-NEWS / SPORT.RU. According to the Life Sports, defender of Petersburg "Zenith" and Russian national team Alexander Anyukov rejected the contract offer English "Blackburn."

Life Sports, told a source in the Russian club, "Blackburn" intended to offer Anyukovu lucrative contract, but Alexander refused to continue his career prospects in England. Interest, "Rovers" to the Russian defender caused an acute shortage of players in defense of the readiness of right-back Michel Soldado to finish his career and the possible departure of the "Arsenal" Christopher Samba.

Recall that a valid contract with the team Anyukova from St. Petersburg, designed by 2012"

Braddock - Nicko said it wasnt Roman Shishkin, but this guy is (despite the russian reports)

Think Nicko mentioned £3-4m

I think he'll be an improvement on Salgado (please don't kill me Salgaholics!), and at that price worth it. I would however spend that money on someone younger as I feel Salgado still has another good season in him, or on a left back as that is a position we have been struggling to fill since Warnock left. I know Olsson can play there, and so can Givet, but Olsson doesn't stand out defensively while Givet doesn't stand out offensively and is too slow when facing pacy wingers.

it is not this guy that nicko was on about. it is Roman Shishkin

Nicko has just posted that the paper have made a mistake, it is this player who Rovers are after.

If hes Zenits captain he must a have something about him.

Nicko has just posted that the paper have made a mistake, it is this player who Rovers are after.

If hes Zenits capatin he must a have something about him.

What a roller-coaster ride! :D

I have a feeling that doing deals with Russian clubs is generally a lot harder than doing deals with other clubs around the world. A lot of money floating around there too at the moment, so few clubs are in need to sell. 59 caps for Russia is pretty good, he was also a regular during the EURO 08 tournament where Russia played some beautiful stuff.

I'm quite relieved its not Shishkin we're chasing. I couldn't find much information about the bloke, but in all the shots i saw he was getting soundly beaten to the ball. Oh, and he's got a scary hair cut.

However, at the risk of going off topic, i did stumble accross this whilst searching youtube for Shishkin. The first miss on here is astounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6My52IVJsxU

I read something about Liverpool enquiring in December and being told he would cost around 18m? Surely we wouldn't get him for under 10m, with 50 caps for Russia at his relatively young age he must be one of the top right backs in the world.

Anyukov was one of Europe's most sought after players after Euro 2008 and I wouldve made him one of the top 2-3 right backs at the time. However, no move materialized. Maybe because Zenit asked for too much and Russian players are already on lucrative contracts.

He fell off the radar a bit but at 29 would he be a long-term replacement for Salgado?

With that said, Id have him for sure.

Good to see us thinking outside of the box when it comes to transfers. Why go for the same old costly targets when we can get better deals from around the world. Looks like he was very highly rated, maybe a change of scenery is all he needs. Good news that his contract is nearing the end, gives us more power in negotiations.

60+ international games, and club captain too - sounds like the sort of leader we need to add to our defence, especially if Samba does leave.

Makes a change that we are going for something new, rather than being linked to Heskey, Carew and Faye.

Agree about the outside of the box Ricky. I think thats why some European clubs ie Porto, Zenit, Atletico Madrid, Shahktar Donetsk, Napoli have succeeded.

I am going to St Petersburg in 2 weeks. Ill try to talk him into a move (At least Ill wear a Rovers shirt) :D

Archived