BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Robbie Keane

Neal

just shows you how spoilt some rovers fans are now that people are dismissing one of the best strikers to grace the premiership over the last 10 years. A year ago people would have bitten rovers hand off to get keane here. He may not be the force he once was but hes still a damn site better than any of the current rovers strikers. Any guy who scores 50 goals for his country has to be considered. Some of you use his west ham spell as a baromoter to his current standing but you have to remember that he was playing for a poor team last season that didnt create alot, rovers are talking about bringing in some creativity, the likes of piatti who could put a ball on six-pence for him. He would garantee 10 goals a season for rovers and along with cisse who is capable of getting 20 goals, that would be a 30 goal return which would priceless in climbing the table. Could benjani and roberts even get into double figures between them? i doubt it.

Yes, but what we are looking for is the striker who is going to grace the next ten years in a blue and white shirt and not a player who's had his day.

Lets look forwards and not backwards though thats very hard to say after flogging young Phil Jones.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but what we are looking for is the striker who is going to grace the next ten years in a blue and white shirt and not a player who's had his day.

Lets look forwards and not backwards though thats very hard to say after flogging young Phil Jones.

We are looking for those players too, as I'm sure you are aware.

We are looking for those players too, as I'm sure you are aware.

Dont forget braddock that Kean has already secured two yesteryear players in Benjani and Roberts for the coming season so to have another one just wouldnt make any sense.

Dont forget braddock that Kean has already secured two yesteryear players in Benjani and Roberts for the coming season so to have another one just wouldnt make any sense.

It does considering the gulf in talent between Keane and those two, and I'd imagine a departure of Kalinic if all things go to their plans.

Roberts seems far more mobile than Keane is, yet he is far more likely to put the ball in the net than Roberts. Roberts does have an ability to harass the hell out of defenders and the man is as strong as an ox. Always liked Roberts.

I feel that Benji on a good day would be better than Keane.

Don't really know what to make of this potential signing to be honest.

He isn't a player I'd go for, but then I don't know the full details of Keane's stalling career or whether our club could be the ones to regain some of his form. They must have seen something. If we are going to sign a flop I'd rather it be him than one of the expensive (transfer fee wise) lads.

For me, it's an easy decision. Keane has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world. He's an all-round better player and finisher than Benjani, as well as 2-3 years younger. There's little contest.

How spoilt is your kid that if you buy him a season ticket he'll turn his nose up at it because of one signing?

He's 21 and must be the world's least spoilt child ever. He can't stand Robbie Keane though. I'd not really ask for my money back, nor do i seriously think he wouldn't come because of Keane. He's watched some dross since he first started going to Rovers when he was tiny and of course one player wouldn't put him off in reality. However, I can't see why anyone thinks Keane would be a good signing. He WAS a good player but I've seen nothing from him in the last 3-4 years to suggest he will be again.

He's 21 and must be the world's least spoilt child ever. He can't stand Robbie Keane though. I'd not really ask for my money back, nor do i seriously think he wouldn't come because of Keane. He's watched some dross since he first started going to Rovers when he was tiny and of course one player wouldn't put him off in reality. However, I can't see why anyone thinks Keane would be a good signing. He WAS a good player but I've seen nothing from him in the last 3-4 years to suggest he will be again.

Ah good. Sorry for the outburst. I was just surprised if what you had said had been fully true.

Fair enough post.

For me, it's an easy decision. Keane has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world. He's an all-round better player and finisher than Benjani, as well as 2-3 years younger. There's little contest.

Wouldnt disagree with you here Topman, but unfortunately Benjani was here first.

First come first served and all of that. Adding another golden oldie to the squad you'd have to question the quality of Rovers management team and their judgement to take or move the club forward in a satisfactory way.

Wouldnt disagree with you here Topman, but unfortunately Benjani was here first.

First come first served and all of that. Adding another golden oldie to the squad you'd have to question the quality of Rovers management team and their judgement to take or move the club forward in a satisfactory way.

you need the older heads and premiership experienced players around to guide the young players threw, i bet all the youngsters look up to salgado at rovers i know i would, so personaly i think having keane around the squad can be good thing not just for on the pitch but also of it

No, YOU would. Experience will be vital to the youngsters being signed, especially Premiership experience. If they can afford it then fine. Benjani is resigned to being last on the list of strikers and is primarily here for his documents. The more the merrier I say, if they think Keane can offer us something.

Robbie Keane WAS, IS and ALWAYS has been a good player. Torn us to bits enough times. Get him signed.

He was good first time around at Spurs, poor at Liverpool, which might have been a blip as Benitez was manager and seemed to struggle with a lot of the players he brought in, but then he went back to Spurs and was poor and at West Ham he didn't do enough to persuade me that it had just been a blip at Spurs. He can still score the odd goal and his international record is good but I don't see why we'd want to pay his wages and bring him in if what we saw at Spurs and West Ham is the norm now rather than an exception.

No, YOU would. Experience will be vital to the youngsters being signed, especially Premiership experience. If they can afford it then fine. Benjani is resigned to being last on the list of strikers and is primarily here for his documents. The more the merrier I say, if they think Keane can offer us something.

Three, maybe even two years ago, i'd have said, yes, come on down Robbie Kean. He'd have been perfect for us then but not now.

Gumboots suitably covers most points as to reasons why not. A lot of Keans game was based on his running and from what little i've seen of him recently, these legs of his seem to be getting a little bit slower, thus for me hes one to put on avoid.

Three, maybe even two years ago, i'd have said, yes, come on down Robbie Kean. He'd have been perfect for us then but not now.

Gumboots suitably covers most points as to reasons why not. A lot of Keans game was based on his running and from what little i've seen of him recently, these legs of his seem to be getting a little bit slower, thus for me hes one to put on avoid.

Like I said, he's not my choice either. But it could be we don't know everything.

I certainly wouldn't go crazy at the board if they did sign him and say it shows they don't know what they are doing, certainly not until the player has even failed. Seems reactionary, and like your mind is made up on that front already.

Like I said, he's not my choice either. But it could be we don't know everything.

I certainly wouldn't go crazy at the board if they did sign him and say it shows they don't know what they are doing, certainly not until the player has even failed. Seems reactionary, and like your mind is made up on that front already.

If we sign him, we sign him. I hope we don't but i won't boo him or blame him for everything that goes wrong on the pitch if we do. Nor will I use it as a stick to beat the manager or owners with if he comes and fails. I just don't see him getting back what he had before so I'd rather not have him here, if it were up to me.

How spoilt is your kid that if you buy him a season ticket he'll turn his nose up at it because of one signing?

I know, unbelievable isn't it?

Mind you, if we do sign him I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm sick.

He will score goals, He has had bad spells but Rovers always bring the best out of players that look like there best times have gone, would have been happy if he were the only signing this summer, if we did'nt lose our other players ofc.

I suppose im just easily pleased ;) Either that or the fact that half my family were born in the good old emerald isle.

76 th minute we are one down in a must win game and we look to the bench to see J Roberts and R Keane warming up, which one would you have?

He will score goals, He has had bad spells but Rovers always bring the best out of players that look like there best times have gone, would have been happy if he were the only signing this summer, if we did'nt lose our other players ofc.

I don't think he was suffering a bad spell at West Ham it's just the case that his legs have gone. For a player like Keane who was so dependant on that quick burst of pace to get into positions to score goals that loss of a yard or more of pace has made him look like a shadow of the player he once was.

I just don't see how he can get that back, in fact he is likely to get worse now that he is over 30.

Archived