BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Robbie Keane

Neal

There is some absolute mind blowing moaning on here but each to their own. YES, Keane had a dodgy season last year but he has been a quality premier league forward and still is. His recent performances for Ireland have been quality and prove he's still got it.

GOOD SIGNING, GOOD PLAYER.

he was also just playing a bit part for a team that where badly managed , how can you get consitancy in your game if your not playing, with a full pre season you never know could be a good signing, but some people on here are never happy as you said

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some absolute mind blowing moaning on here but each to their own. YES, Keane had a dodgy season last year but he has been a quality premier league forward and still is. His recent performances for Ireland have been quality and prove he's still got it.

Agreed and a lot more chance of getting him out of London than we have of Defoe.

I suspect the Robbie Keane stuff is a load of @#/? and tagged on by The Mirror onto Alan Nixon's article for The People. Remember earlier in the week - putting his name against the wrong target...

Ask Spurs fans, Liverpool fans, Spurs fans again and West Ham fans about Keano. I would say 4 bad seasons

Ask Spurs fans, Liverpool fans, Spurs fans again and West Ham fans about Keano. I would say 4 bad seasons

I would be happy with Kean over Roberts and Benjani - he made some glaring misses last season, but i do think if he got a stretch of games, which he hasn`t had for a couple of seasons, he would be better than what we have - he also knows where the back of the net is, and knows how to finish (apart from last season of course)

I remember him scoring some brillian tindividual goals for Spurs as well as some deft finishes in the box for them - defo improvement on what we have, I would welcome Robbie to Ewood

As you say no mention of KEANE in the on-line article.

It's a different story in the actual "paper" this morning with Robbie Keane being the main headline for Rovers in the transfer gossip/stuff. Even makes the back page... Exclusive by our Alan... "Keane top of Ewood hitlist"

As you say no mention of KEANE in the on-line article.

It's a different story in the actual "paper" this morning with Robbie Keane being the main headline for Rovers in the transfer gossip/stuff. Even makes the back page... Exclusive by our Alan... "Keane top of Ewood hitlist"

I sincerely hop eit's not true. I just renewed my son's season ticket yesterday and Keane has been his most loathed player for the last 12 years or so. Waste of £145 if keane comes to Rovers. Will they give me my money back as I don't think James will attend a single home game. Not keen on Keane myself either. Past it in terms of goalscoring for the last 3-4 years.

I sincerely hop eit's not true. I just renewed my son's season ticket yesterday and Keane has been his most loathed player for the last 12 years or so. Waste of £145 if keane comes to Rovers. Will they give me my money back as I don't think James will attend a single home game. Not keen on Keane myself either. Past it in terms of goalscoring for the last 3-4 years.

How spoilt is your kid that if you buy him a season ticket he'll turn his nose up at it because of one signing?

I'd take him as a squad player, if his wages aren't stupid, and we sign some real quality as well. He's got more class than our current strike-force, backhanded compliment that may be.

I'd take him as a squad player, if his wages aren't stupid, and we sign some real quality as well. He's got more class than our current strike-force, backhanded compliment that may be.

He will be on massive wages, at least 40/50k. And why would he swap being 4th choice at spurs to being 3rd choice at rovers. Just doesnt add up for me.

just shows you how spoilt some rovers fans are now that people are dismissing one of the best strikers to grace the premiership over the last 10 years. A year ago people would have bitten rovers hand off to get keane here. He may not be the force he once was but hes still a damn site better than any of the current rovers strikers. Any guy who scores 50 goals for his country has to be considered. Some of you use his west ham spell as a baromoter to his current standing but you have to remember that he was playing for a poor team last season that didnt create alot, rovers are talking about bringing in some creativity, the likes of piatti who could put a ball on six-pence for him. He would garantee 10 goals a season for rovers and along with cisse who is capable of getting 20 goals, that would be a 30 goal return which would priceless in climbing the table. Could benjani and roberts even get into double figures between them? i doubt it.

just shows you how spoilt some rovers fans are now that people are dismissing one of the best strikers to grace the premiership over the last 10 years. A year ago people would have bitten rovers hand off to get keane here. He may not be the force he once was but hes still a damn site better than any of the current rovers strikers. Any guy who scores 50 goals for his country has to be considered. Some of you use his west ham spell as a baromoter to his current standing but you have to remember that he was playing for a poor team last season that didnt create alot, rovers are talking about bringing in some creativity, the likes of piatti who could put a ball on six-pence for him. He would garantee 10 goals a season for rovers and along with cisse who is capable of getting 20 goals, that would be a 30 goal return which would priceless in climbing the table. Could benjani and roberts even get into double figures between them? i doubt it.

give it a rest, huge wages, 31 years old, likely to flop.

you're overstating his ability as well, hes good but 'one of the best strikers to grace the premiership over the last 10 years' is pushing it.

also west ham weren't a poor side last season, they had a decent forward line and good creative players. keane was awful for them, missing sitters left right and centre.

Archived