BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Robbie Keane

Neal

I wouldnt be happy with Robbie Keane at all. Doesnt have the pace of days gone by. I dont see him being an asset. Although if he is the "cheaper" option then its not the end of the world. Except I feel it would stunt the development of Rochina personally.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am led to believe from a usually reliable source that Rovers have bid for Keane, however Tottenham's valuation and Rovers valuation are 'miles' apart.

Thank God!! Hope it stays miles apart.

Any news on Hoilett and Samba?

Saviola, go back to training, it hasn't ended yet... lol

I am led to believe from a usually reliable source that Rovers have bid for Keane, however Tottenham's valuation and Rovers valuation are 'miles' apart.

Spurs always have high asking prices for their players!

Keane is worth about 3 million pounds!!!

Keane hasn't played much in the last 12 months!

Levy is a hard person to deal with transfers!

you would have thought getting are number one striker in is the main priority so why waste time on keane right now, we need a signing to get the fans believing, keane as are first signing isnt really going to get us optimistic what are they playing it

im hoping your right i really am, but everytime we hear from cisse agent or club we havent even lodged a bid yet but we have for keane just seams strange to me

I guess it's all part of the game.

Some agents reveal all that's happening, some deny everything till the transfer is done, others claim that teams are interested in their players when they are really not...

Let's hope that Tottenham keep being silly about the price of Keane and Kean trys other strikers. I actually think Cardozo could play well with Piatti and Cisse...

Robbie keane is only 30yrs old and brings with him a wealth of experience, as an alternative to RSC I’d be more than happy to take him, as an alternative to Jason Roberts the whole town will be more than willing to take him.

He scores goals, simple as that, must be the right price though.

• Backroom

typical spurs.

nobody is going to pay much for a 30 year old Robbie Keane whose legs have gone and who looked less prolific than Jason Roberts at the end of last season.

missed two sitters a child would have scored.

won't be arsed in the least if we don't sign him.

I disagree with people saying Keane's legs have gone. I just think he's lost a bit of confidence and with enough time on the pitch alongside the right strike partner I think he can be very useful for us. £2-3m is a reasonable price in my opinion.

Are we trying to collect waste-of-space Irish internationals?!

Keane is long passed his best. No real improvement on what we have already. In fact, selling Kalinic and buying Keane would in my eyes be a step in the wrong direction for the Kean/Venky's masterplan.

Typical Rovers dallying over transfer targets. I appreciate that these things are often a lot harder than it would seem, but we do have a habit of making life difficult for ourselves.

A shame.

I disagree with people saying Keane's legs have gone. I just think he's lost a bit of confidence and with enough time on the pitch alongside the right strike partner I think he can be very useful for us. £2-3m is a reasonable price in my opinion.

Lack of confidence does not make you slow. Never his biggest fan but for all his faults, Jase the ace has been consistently quick over the ground even when his confidence has been rock bottom. Hitting that cow's backside has been his problem

I can't work out why I don't find it funny BPF.

Keane, on the one hand, is past his best but given his role as a second striker he surely has to be better than Dunn in terms of his legs?

But while we haggle over the price of Keane, we could miss out on more important targets - possibly even to Spurs.

We need to move on Keane quickly, or quickly move on.

Archived