BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(S) Robbie Keane

Neal

Beerwins isnt that like saying you're given the option of chopping off one of your own testicles, do you choose the right or the left??

Isnt one testicle bigger than the other? I know I have my favourite, I just wish the damn thing would stay still :lol:

Well we can debate and deliberate for eons as to whether the guy will score goals, I believe that Robbie will score plenty of goals, maybe I have unfounded faith in him but I believe he has international pedigree, he can and will score at international level so why cant he do it at club level? I dont buy his legs have gone, I think his motivation has, its time for him to earn it back and what better place to do it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but what we are looking for is the striker who is going to grace the next ten years in a blue and white shirt

couple of good seasons, and his head gets turned by a big money move? 10 years in a blue and white shirt, you must be joking. unless there is some miraculous winning of trophys, there is no way we will have a striker here for 10 years. Keane is still a top striker, and again with a full press season we might see the best of him again, I would rather have Keane, than Roberts or Benjani.

Keane is still a useful player who will score and create goals. A full pre season, plus a bit of confidence and I am sure he can still do the business. From what I have read he is also a good pro to have around the place. He will also be a an excellent influence on the younger players.

I'd just like to make a point that I don't think has been touched upon yet.

Robbies record for Ireland is second to none, he loves playing for his country. Well how does this help Rovers I hear you ask, well simple the Euros are just around the corner and Keane will want to impress.this season as despite being captain his place is under threat from the emergence of Shane Long.

I would like to put on record that I am far from being his biggest fan despite him being a fellow Irish man although I do admire his record and constant effort when wearing the green shirt. If Rovers can benefit fron this then even better.

I do think that Nicko is right in saying that getting him to move North will be hard as his wife didn't make his time at Liverpool that easy. However given what's just around the corner a decent offer might just tempt him.

Robbies record for Ireland is second to none, he loves playing for his country. Well how does this help Rovers I hear you ask, well simple the Euros are just around the corner and Keane will want to impress.this season as despite being captain his place is under threat from the emergence of Shane Long.

I would like to put on record that I am far from being his biggest fan despite him being a fellow Irish man although I do admire his record and constant effort when wearing the green shirt. If Rovers can benefit fron this then even better.

I do think that Nicko is right in saying that getting him to move North will be hard as his wife didn't make his time at Liverpool that easy. However given what's just around the corner a decent offer might just tempt him.

Very good point.

And beerwins is, I certainly feel, correct about his loss of motivation contributing to his poor form.

He's a special talent in so far as his natural goalscoring ability, but without the correct encouragement (every player needs it) and amount of match fitness, that will suffer. I think he'd get what he needs at Rovers and am feeling positive about this move.

Very Honest assesment there Brian! I am also not his biggest fan despite him being a good striker for the Republic. Another side of the coin is maybe Rovers will attract fans because of this signing from Ireland, couldnt harm us if we had a few more Irish fans!

I think he would be a good signing if we could get his wages down

Although Keane doesn't look the player of 2 -3 years ago he is still only 30 (?) and has suffered from a lack of regular matches which presumably he would get at Rovers. A few goals and a regular starting place he might just rediscover the confidence and form he showed at Spurs.

If Keane's wife doesn''t fancy the move however it's all a non-starter really

The guy is a goal machine at international level and despite having his problems with clubs over the past couple of years, he would be a good signing. The only problem for me would be his huge wages. He's supposed to be on £80,000 a week at Spurs.

The guy is a goal machine at international level and despite having his problems with clubs over the past couple of years, he would be a good signing.

His problem is, he's been crap for a while now.

If Kean [steve, that is], is serious about getting to the Champions league in the next four years :lol: , then he wont get there by signing the Robbie Keans of this world.

His problem is, he's been crap for a while now.

If Kean [steve, that is], is serious about getting to the Champions league in the next four years :lol: , then he wont get there by signing the Robbie Keans of this world.

That might be right, but then, you might've said all of this about Michael Owen. Then SAF not only signed him on, but renewed his contract again. And put him on the bench for the Champion's League final.

I don't think Steve Kean is planning on having Robbie Keane as his number one striker, but he's a useful squad/impact player, if priced accordingly.

• Backroom

That might be right, but then, you might've said all of this about Michael Owen. Then SAF not only signed him on, but renewed his contract again. And put him on the bench for the Champion's League final.

I don't think Steve Kean is planning on having Robbie Keane as his number one striker, but he's a useful squad/impact player, if priced accordingly.

There's a difference there though - Utd can afford to have an Owen type player on the bench. Past his best but can come on a make a difference because he is surrounded by top quality players who will feed him chances. He's lost a lot of his pace but still has a natural instinct in front of goal meaning he's still a threat.

Teams like us don't have the luxury of being able to accomodate expensive bit-part players. Cheapos like Benjani are OK, but Keane wouldn't be cheap and for the wages he'd ask we'd need him to contribute a lot more than I think he'd be able to. After seeing some of his misses last season it seems his natural instinct in front of goal has deserted him, though it may come back. problem is his legs have almost certainly gone, and a player on the kind of wages he would demand would need to do more for the team than simply stand in the box and poach.

Disagree on that. Keane needs to play regularly to regain the rhythm and confidence he had at Spurs. He's been playing off the bench for a few seasons now and is struggling as a consequence. It's all academic anyway - Blackburn "up nawf innit" and his wife doesn't fancy it.

stay well clear! IMO.

since his transfer to liverpool he's rapidly declined. i think an impact has been the lack of game time for 'arry. injuries are now taking their toll on him too.

does he really care.. ?? he's spurs highest paid player! :blink:

watched him several times live for LFC and he was running round aimlessly.. like a dog chasing a frizbee!

and his form hasnt improved since, if anything he has got worse.

stay well clear! IMO.

since his transfer to liverpool he's rapidly declined. i think an impact has been the lack of game time for 'arry. injuries are now taking their toll on him too.

As he said himself recently that he hasnt been 100% fit since he was 17

• Backroom

Not a fan of Keane but if we are in talks with both then the 2 of them together could be a decent partnership. Certainly better than anything we currently have.

Maybe both could be announced on wednesday.

Archived