BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(D) Nedum Onuoha

nicko

He's played for England U21's - therefore does that mean he is classed as Home Grown??

If so that will add a couple of mill to the price.

At his age - £6m for a defender isnt too much....he can also play right back which maybe where he will revert to once Salgado finishes?

I disagree £6m+ is a lot for a defender who isn't wanted anymore by his club.

What's more important I guess is how much money do we really have to spend, if we end up using most of the money on Onuoha and Mongongu (fees and wages) but don't strengthen up front or in midfield then it's a questionable strategic decision.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardon my ignorance, is Preston blue his agent or something?

Think he knows his agent or something (he was going into Prestons work or something the other day) and Preston was meeting Nedum last night or tonight aswell.

What's more important I guess is how much money do we really have to spend, if we end up using most of the money on Onuoha and Mongongu (fees and wages) but don't strengthen up front or in midfield then it's a questionable strategic decision.

think it obvious with these signings there trying to fill the gap samba is going to leave before he leaves, the cash there spending right now is probably the cash they are going to get for samba

we got 16.5 million for Jones, we already had a "very impressive" budget before this. Jones would have been the highest ever earner at the club which these signings will not be.

So selling one defender for 16.5 million and bringing in 2 for 9 million is not bad business.

It does not mean we have no money left we are still 7.5 up on top of the estimated 15 million available.

we got 16.5 million for Jones, we already had a "very impressive" budget before this. Jones would have been the highest ever earner at the club which these signings will not be.

So selling one defender for 16.5 million and bringing in 2 for 9 million is not bad business.

It does not mean we have no money left we are still 7.5 up on top of the estimated 15 million available.

Nobody knows the budget for sure only the owners and Kentaro/SEM do.

The proof of how much we have to spend will be shown at the end of the transfer window.

Nobody knows the budget for sure only the owners and Kentaro/SEM do.

The proof of how much we have to spend will be shown at the end of the transfer window.

Well Nicko reported 30 million in total, some have rumoured 50 million which seems too high.

The fact that Kean has already suggested it was (i can;t remember the quote) very very healthy (I think) and we have shown interest in players 10 plus million even before selling Jones.

I'll assume for now that that we have a decent budget and investing 9 million on two defenders after selling one for 16.5 is fine with me.

Like you said we will see.

Nicko also reported we had no interest in him what so ever roflmao

I was only really referencing Nicko I don't really take one person word for anything, my man conclusion has come from Venky's and Kean, it's just a wealth of evidence to suggest to me that we ahev a good budget.

Nicko has to make a lot of conclusions when they are high risk, so he is first.

However Nicko assuming Rovers have 30 million including 16.5 from Jones is a fair assessment.

Am I the only one who thinks he just aint that good. Our defence is going backwards, not forwards in my opinion.

depends if we sell Samba.

Selling samba would be a massive blow now Jones has gone, he has been our heart for 4 years, jones was just this luxury defender we were always going to cash in on, I never really considered him as settled.

IMO £6.3m is too much , however thats the way the market is at moment , you can go out and get a unknown quantity like Mongagu oe whatever his name is for £2.6m or a tried and tested PL player at £6.3 , and when the likes of Scott Dann and Roger Johnson's value is reported to be double that suddenly Onouha who can play 2 or 3 positions doesnt look bad value

IMO £6.3m is too much , however thats the way the market is at moment , you can go out and get a unknown quantity like Mongagu oe whatever his name is for £2.6m or a tried and tested PL player at £6.3 , and when the likes of Scott Dann and Roger Johnson's value is reported to be double that suddenly Onouha who can play 2 or 3 positions doesnt look bad value

I agree that it's a lot of money.

£6.3m is too much considering they don't want him, and it's not as if they are looking to recoup a large transfer fee they paid. I know Tottenham were originally interested in him but I can't see them paying such a large price for an unwanted player.

• Backroom

He may not be wanted at City but they're not exactly desperate for cash. I doubt Onuoha's wages are that high either, there are a lot of players before him they'll be looking to shift.

I agree that it's a lot of money.

£6.3m is too much considering they don't want him, and it's not as if they are looking to recoup a large transfer fee they paid. I know Tottenham were originally interested in him but I can't see them paying such a large price for an unwanted player.

yes City are in such a powerful position of not needing money they almost can ask for what they want.

In this situation I would wait until the transfer deadline -2 days and say 3-4 million take it or let him rot in the reserves.

At the moment Man City can add an extra 2 million on top of what he is worth.

they can over look the reality.

yes City are in such a powerful position of not needing money they almost can ask for what they want.

In this situation I would wait until the transfer deadline -2 days and say 3-4 million take it or let him rot in the reserves.

At the moment Man City can add an extra 2 million on top of what he is worth.

they can over look the reality.

I don't think they're in a powerful position at all. In January their position was considered powerless when it came to selling. Their squad is enormously overburdened with players that definitely won't get game time. Clubs like ourselves are not a threat to them, so there's no reason for them not to sell cheaply to get rid of the wages. Yes, they don't need the money- but that's a reason for them to not care how much they get. And what they also don't need, more importantly, is the players. Who they've put on silly wages most clubs can't pay on top of big fees.

Speaking of which, FM11 thinks Onuoha is on 53k p/w there. I'll grant that's not a perfect source, but until I hear a different source with a different figure, it's the only one I've got to go off.

I don't think they're in a powerful position at all. In January their position was considered powerless when it came to selling. Their squad is enormously overburdened with players that definitely won't get game time. Clubs like ourselves are not a threat to them, so there's no reason for them not to sell cheaply to get rid of the wages. Yes, they don't need the money- but that's a reason for them to not care how much they get. And what they also don't need, more importantly, is the players. Who they've put on silly wages most clubs can't pay on top of big fees.

Speaking of which, FM11 thinks Onuoha is on 53k p/w there. I'll grant that's not a perfect source, but until I hear a different source with a different figure, it's the only one I've got to go off.

Well their position will weaken the closer we get to the deadline.

It's different from Spurs who have to sell before they buy.

Man city can afford to have expensive players rotting in the reseves and still buy more talent.

He signed a new deal in the summer of 2009, I'm sure I heard reports at the time it was 50-60k so that's probably about right. Not to mention it was after their huge takeover so money was being thrown all over the place.

To be fair though 60k seems to be the new 30k these days, that's hardly above average, as shocking as it is.

He signed a new deal in the summer of 2009, I'm sure I heard reports at the time it was 50-60k so that's probably about right. Not to mention it was after their huge takeover so money was being thrown all over the place.

To be fair though 60k seems to be the new 30k these days, that's hardly above average, as shocking as it is.

That doesn't mean we can afford it. And Chris, that doesn't mean they've any need to keep them around.

if Onuoha signs and Mongi signs, and Samba stays then ill be really happy with our defence. Onouha can play at right back, with Mongi and Samba as our center half pairing and Givet at left back. we will also have Salgado and Nelsen as back up, along with Hanley

if Onuoha signs and Mongi signs, and Samba stays then ill be really happy with our defence. Onouha can play at right back, with Mongi and Samba as our center half pairing and Givet at left back. we will also have Salgado and Nelsen as back up, along with Hanley

Was this post before the alarm went off?

Archived