BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(D) Nedum Onuoha

nicko

Nicko, is Onuoha in the new list/s? Or is it just bull####? :P

Just read the story in the Mail.

I choked when I saw the fee.

And there is no Rovers interest from what I can tell.

Now who would plant a story about an unwanted Manchester City player, put a big fee on it, link Rovers and hope to create an auction?

I wonder.

Someone who used to work round here perhaps?

;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad is in Hawaii at present and unaware of the rumours linking him to Rovers....pity.

How can anyone know he is unaware of the rumours linking him to Rovers, unless they've asked him? In which case, presumably they had to mention the...rumours linking him to Rovers!

He'd be a very shrewd signing. He can play anywhere across the back four, which we could really do with given our shortage of full backs.

Primarily he'd be a centre back given recent departures, but it would be good to know that he could fill those positions if needed. He's a solid player already but there's plenty of improvement left in him yet, 24 is young for a centre half.

Now who would plant a story about an unwanted Manchester City player, put a big fee on it, link Rovers and hope to create an auction?

I wonder.

;)

Like I said elsewhere, a colleague of mine was at his wedding in Spain and he is definitely after leaving City, he also wants to stay in the north-west and Everton were mentioned - but not Rovers. I suspect that this may be to cook up a bit of interest rather than be a solid story.

I wonder.

;)

Don't be silly, Nicko. All the people who used to work around here are saints, don't you know? <_<

He would be the ideal type of player to sign, young, hungry and with potential. £5 million would be better though.

Yeah, would definately snap him up if the fee was 5m or less. Really decent youngster and he can play RB or CB. Surely that fits our bill perfectly? Doubt his wages would be too bad either.

end of the article

"city's £6m-rated defender Nedum Onuoha has been told he can leave Eastlands - with Blackburn his likely destination.

Rovers boss Steve Kean, who signed former Aberdeen defender Myles Anderson yesterday, is a big fan of Onuoha's and has already opened talks with City chief Roberto Mancini."

"city's £6m-rated defender Nedum Onuoha has been told he can leave Eastlands - with Blackburn his likely destination.

Rovers boss Steve Kean, who signed former Aberdeen defender Myles Anderson yesterday, is a big fan of Onuoha's and has already opened talks with City chief Roberto Mancini." - in The Sun, today

Onouha has been a terrible disappointment after a very bright start.

He was dropped on merit at City.

I doubt we have staff of the ability to resurrect his career.

It might help if you say something, anything, positive at some point. Come on, say something positive. You can do it.

"Venkeys make good chicken" or similar will do.

It might help if you say something, anything, positive at some point. Come on, say something positive. You can do it.

Wow, Racism is alive and well in the town of Blackburn!!!! :angry2: :!:

On a positive note I read today that our new owners are to pioneer a new kind of football. Two deep fried chickens will be stuck together to form the new ball and it is hoped that Kean will be able to move away from tappy-tappy football to clucky-clucky football. It is hoped the new double chicken ball will give Rovers an extra edge of the coming years propelling us into the champions league.

I read it online today but for love nor money can I find a link again, sure it was on newsnow.

Linked again. Lifted from BBC gossip column:

The arrival of Clichy at Eastlands means City will allow £6m-rated defender Nedum Onuoha to leave, with Blackburn a likely destination. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

Archived