SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(D) Nedum Onuoha

nicko

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linked again. Lifted from BBC gossip column:

The arrival of Clichy at Eastlands means City will allow £6m-rated defender Nedum Onuoha to leave, with Blackburn a likely destination. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

Good, but I'm not liking this £6m-rated stuff. I'd like to see us sign him, but for more in the region of £3-4 million. There's no reason we should pay almost as much as City are paying for Clichy.

Blue bruce it will be good if we get this guy for so little seeing as he is an English player and they go for a premium this would represent good business and is very much in theme for when the new regulations come round.

By so little, you do mean 3-4m not 6+?

Incidentally, since you mention the new regs...if Football Manager is to be believed, the 5-year contract he signed with City in 2009 pays him 53k p/w. I don't know how accurate they are on that one, but their wage figures are usually somewhere in the right ballpark, if not totally on the money. I really hope they're way off with that one, because paying him that would be pretty unwise, especially considering the new regulations, and he is unlikely to want to agree to less when he has three years left on his deal.

Linked again. Lifted from BBC gossip column:

The arrival of Clichy at Eastlands means City will allow £6m-rated defender Nedum Onuoha to leave, with Blackburn a likely destination. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

I think Clichy is about to under go a medical at city. So things may start moving.

I'll see him (Nedum) tomorrow night, should be able to give an update on Wednesday.

Get him told that his agent needs to get in touch and we will pay him a sensible wage and give him 1st team football to progress

Get him told that his agent needs to get in touch and we will pay him a sensible wage and give him 1st team football to progress

And we're not desperate. Repeat: we are not desperate.

Hughesy you took the words right out of my mouth preston good you will speak to him try to tell him what is great about our beloved family run clubhow Fabiano will be arriving he will get first team football & how we will be in the Champs Lge in 3 seasons that should swing it.

I will sell the Club hard.

I will tell him about Keano and his aspirations and how we all believe in him, the owners and that we all eat chicken.

I promise NOT to mention: Abbey, Philip and Thenodrog. I will tell him that we are all like Hughsey and the Club do nowt wrong.

I will tell him about Primark and the new Blackburn Market and if he is stuck for a nice brew and cake he can pop into one of Blackburn's latest hotspots "The Brew Shop". I will also explain that folk from Burnley are 6 fingered numpties (apart from the nice Dingle who is coming to drain my overflowing septic tank this morning) who smell of sh!t, eat grass, and flagilate in front of family members.

I will tell him about our glorious history: 33 years since Burnley beat us, the day we lifted the gates off the hinges at Halifax and invaded the pitch 5 times at Port Vale.

THAT SHOUD DO IT................

I will tell him about Keano and his aspirations and how we all believe in him, the owners and that we all eat chicken.

I promise NOT to mention: Abbey, Philip and Thenodrog. I will tell him that we are all like Hughsey and the Club do nowt wrong.

I will tell him about Primark and the new Blackburn Market and if he is stuck for a nice brew and cake he can pop into one of Blackburn's latest hotspots "The Brew Shop". I will also explain that folk from Burnley are 6 fingered numpties (apart from the nice Dingle who is coming to drain my overflowing septic tank this morning) who smell of sh!t, eat grass, and flagilate in front of family members.

I will tell him about our glorious history: 33 years since Burnley beat us, the day we lifted the gates off the hinges at Halifax and invaded the pitch 5 times at Port Vale.

:lol:

You forgot that the finest cafe in the north- El Greco has reopened in one of Blackburn's 'flagship' pavillions.

What's his contract length? £6.3m seems a lot for a player who is not wanted by City.

He's played for England U21's - therefore does that mean he is classed as Home Grown??

If so that will add a couple of mill to the price.

At his age - £6m for a defender isnt too much....he can also play right back which maybe where he will revert to once Salgado finishes?

Archived