BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(D) Nedum Onuoha

nicko

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AN UPDATE: Kean has met Nedum, fee agreed, only talking salary now.

this is all that I can, and will, say.

I wonder if Mrs D and John Williams were involved in the negotiations ?

I would pay good money to listen to that conversation !

• Moderation Lead

If he does sign then this has to be seen as the first, one and only, decent signing Rovers have made this summer.

Not really that difficult considering it's the first and only thus far!! :rolleyes:

AN UPDATE: Kean has met Nedum, fee agreed, only talking salary now.

this is all that I can, and will, say.

I know why he knows - he has a friend who is an insider at Manchester City who passes him information like this. :D

Or at least that's what I believe.

I dont rate this lad, i remember watching him a few seasons ago and roberts destroyed him, he couldn't cope with roberts pressence and power, he also looked slow. I would be happy to miss out on this guy.

I dont rate this lad, i remember watching him a few seasons ago and roberts destroyed him, he couldn't cope with roberts pressence and power, he also looked slow. I would be happy to miss out on this guy.

You definitely thinking about the right player? He's not slow by any means, in fact the complete opposite - he used to be a sprinter and has plenty of pace.

If he was out-muscled by Roberts then it could have been down to age - a few years ago he would have been 21/22. Many fully-developed defenders can't cope with Roberts' physical qualities, it's no surprise a youngster might have struggled.

A young English player with fantastic potential, Premier League experience and very good physical attributes is a leap in the right direction. I'd be extremely happy with this signing if it came off. I was slightly disappointed for him when the Arabs took charge of Man City, as he was obviously pushed out of the first team, but he definitely has what it takes to succeed at this level and would be great for a mid-table club.

Good replacement for Jones as well.

Haha! Slow?? Onuoha once came 2nd in the English schools championships over 100m beating current GB international sprinters in the process. The lad can motor! There are often comments about how quick certain footballers can apparently run 100m but Onuoha ran 11.0 at the age of 14 so definitely no slouch. I would like to see him here. A very useful player at the right age.

I know why he knows - he has a friend who is an insider at Manchester City who passes him information like this. :D

Or at least that's what I believe.

At the start of the thread PB mentions that Onouha's uncle is the head of IT at his company - so I presume that is the source of his info (be it true or not).

At the start of the thread PB mentions that Onouha's uncle is the head of IT at his company - so I presume that is the source of his info (be it true or not).

i hear from a member of my own family that there is nothing in the nedum story.. and he knows him. he is on the move but not to rovers.

dont be harsh on preston blue.. he was passing the info on in good faith.

i hear from a member of my own family that there is nothing in the nedum story.. and he knows him. he is on the move but not to rovers.

dont be harsh on preston blue.. he was passing the info on in good faith.

Must admit this transfer window is starting to get me down - though I still cling to what I have always said that I will judge our owners at the end of the window. At the moment though - it seems every time we get linked with a half decent player it falls apart - it is very depressing.

Finally got around to chatting with his dad today, he says the lad is City through and through and is fully committed to staying at City and fighting for a place in the team. He didn't seem to think a move anywhere was on the cards. His dad is an extremely decent and modest person, can't see him spinning me a line.

Finally got around to chatting with his dad today, he says the lad is City through and through and is fully committed to staying at City and fighting for a place in the team. He didn't seem to think a move anywhere was on the cards. His dad is an extremely decent and modest person, can't see him spinning me a line.

That's another promising English youngster down the drain then.

Don't understand why footballers would rather sit on a bench or play reserve team football when they can clearly walk into the starting XI of other teams and make a name for themselves and actually play football at the top level. Oh actually, I do understand.......$$$$$$$!

Archived