BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

I'm not sure if I agree.

It doesn't matter if the player is a free transfer if he's a really good striker. If he does the job, doesn't that mean we got ourselves quite the bargain?

Buying a striker who costs you money doesn't necessarily mean he's going to guarantee you more goals than someone who is on a free transfer.

Unless you're talking about those really expensive ones like Defoe.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I agree.

It doesn't matter if the player is a free transfer if he's a really good striker. If he does the job, doesn't that mean we got ourselves quite the bargain?

Buying a striker who costs you money doesn't necessarily

mean he's going to guarantee you more goals than someone who is on a free transfer.

Yes but generally when you are on a free you have been released from a club as the don't want u. Obviously there is the odd exception but good strikers cost good money... Money we have but don't seem to be using it

I'm not sure if I agree.

Buying a striker who costs you money doesn't necessarily mean he's going to guarantee you more goals than someone who is on a free transfer.

There are a few main flaws in that argument.

1) It depends on how long he has been on a free, months we should be worried, weeks we should be slightly more optimistic.

2) Is he still on the free because he wants ridiculous money?

3) If one has to pay money for a player then more often than not it is because he is valued, or still on contract. If the amount of money is low, then he is either not very good i.e. Andrews, or broken i.e Grella.

4) If the player is worth a decent amount of money and is still under contract that is because he is either good, or plays for Spurs.

5) If player is worth a fortune, one can assume that he will be a very good player.

So pretty much summed up - If you are wanting a good player, you have to pay money. If you take a free player that has been free for awhile there is something wrong. If you take a free player that has been available for a short while, you have a fight on your hands.

Foreign? As in has not played here before.

Reaction? Usual mixture of positive and negative. Possibly indifference.

Just a random thought.

I hear he had a medical...do Rovers have anyone around to give him a medical?

Foreign? As in has not played here before.

Reaction? Usual mixture of positive and negative. Possibly indifference.

Just a random thought.

I hear he had a medical...do Rovers have anyone around to give him a medical?

doesn't matter how good he is if he is forneign, when we signed Formica everyone was cumming in the pants and never seen him play.

doesn't matter how good he is if he is forneign, when we signed Formica everyone was cumming in the pants and never seen him play.

that doesnt mean Formica is not good does it? Also kean said he was one for next (now this) season, so mop you cum up and try to be positive

that doesnt mean Formica is not good does it? Also kean said he was one for next (now this) season, so mop you cum up and try to be positive

you are right doesn't mean Formica is no good because I never said that, so I'm glad we argee on something I never said in the first place.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/01/19/2312686/2010-11-end-of-season-bosman-list-all-the-players-available

The list is of all the strikers who are on a bosman transfer, that are foregin.

Age between 19-29 missed off the 30 year olds, as i dont think we will get someone old.

Yes i am aware some of these players now have joined clubs.

Adrian Lopez

Juan Albin

Xisco Nadal

Xisco

Nabil baha

Nicolas Medina

Rodri

Alessandro Matri

Gianvito Plasmati

Davide Sinigaglia

David Suazo

Franck Dja Djedje

Anicet Andrianantenaina

Maxime Bourgeois

Roy Contout

Julien Quercia

David Pollet

Cedric Baseya

Serge Gakpe

Kevin Malcuit

Habib Bamogo

Abeiku Quansah

Miroslav Klose

Mikael Forssell

Srdjan Lakic

Jose Pierre Vunguidica

Simon Terodde

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/01/19/2312686/2010-11-end-of-season-bosman-list-all-the-players-available

Age between 19-29 missed off the 30 year olds, as i dont think we will get someone old.

Yes i am aware some of these players now have joined clubs.

Adrian Lopez

Juan Albin

Xisco Nadal

Xisco

Nabil baha

Nicolas Medina

Rodri

Alessandro Matri

Gianvito Plasmati

Davide Sinigaglia

David Suazo

Franck Dja Djedje

Anicet Andrianantenaina

Maxime Bourgeois

Roy Contout

Julien Quercia

David Pollet

Cedric Baseya

Serge Gakpe

Kevin Malcuit

Habib Bamogo

Abeiku Quansah

Miroslav Klose

Mikael Forssell

Srdjan Lakic

Jose Pierre Vunguidica

Simon Terodde

Doesn't help much as i haven't heard of that many of them, but the 13th one down looks like a money spinner for the club.

Rodri from Seville?

Helder Postiga from Sporting?

Both out of contract

Postiga has played here before..

Wasn't someone here a big Julio Cruz fan? He's getting on a bit, but he's tall, former international.. and handsome.

Like most 'Bosman' lists that is highly unreliable because it includes players whose loan contracts, not permanent contracts, were expiring in the summer.

Matri was never a free transfer, he was on loan at Juventus, who have just paid 15m Euros to make it permanent.

Archived