BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

• Backroom

As a free it does to an extent minimise the risk, though I don't know what he and his agent are demanding as signing-on fees (these normally rise considerably for free transfers).

I've got no problem with him coming in as back-up replacement, if he's coming in for Mame Diouf then OK (even though Mame could also be put onto wide-right and I'm not sure Pavone can) but if he's our "main" summer signing for striker it'd be hugely disappointing.

It's a start, though.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: how else is he meant to take that comment! :rolleyes:

Especially for Vintage

I work between 7-6 every weekday, however I work in an IT role where I can be developing & running SQL or PL/SQL scripts which may take 5-10 minutes to run – when your testing and tweaking you don’t go onto other tasks or you will never get the work done. So in my little breaks as the reports & programmes are running, I use an iPhone as its now 2011 and these things are pretty common – so I keep an eye on the markets and post on BRFCS, that ok for you?? :rock:

What do you do? ;)

Especially for Vintage

I work between 7-6 every weekday, however I work in an IT role where I can be developing & running SQL or PL/SQL scripts which may take 5-10 minutes to run – when your testing and tweaking you don’t go onto other tasks or you will never get the work done. So in my little breaks as the reports & programmes are running, I use an iPhone as its now 2011 and these things are pretty common – so I keep an eye on the markets and post on BRFCS, that ok for you?? :rock:

What do you do? ;)

Don't feel bad Hughesy, the IT lot at my work don't do anywork either.

Also, i mean no offence in this at all HUGHESY - but please tell me you are not employed and a student of some sort. You must post over 20 messages a day!!

It can be the other way around, as it is for me. I don't have time to post during the day during the Uni semester. But now that I'm "working" during the summer I could post here non stop if I wanted to.

Which is why I hope they get a chance, with getting pavone in. As much as I think he could be good. Want others to get a chance then just him and Roberts. Maybe I worded it wrong. Does that suite you more clitherover.

Well, i start my new offical job in September but prior to that i have working at a Park near Ewood. I also use my iphone / ipad to search this site and see what the general feeling is on BRFC related issues.

I meant no offence at all; was just making sure my tax wasn't being wasted on a LA employee surfing the internet all day :lol:

Back to business anyways.

http://www.teamtalk.com/blackburn-rovers/7037575/Rovers-close-in-on-Pavone-deal

Highlights from the article:

His British representative Barry McIntosh confirmed that the deal was in place.

"Mariano is delighted to get his chance in English football, he has spoken to several clubs but he was particularly impressed by Steve Kean," McIntosh told skysports.com.

"Steve made him feel very welcome and explained his plans, and Mariano was delighted with what he heard.

"He is now looking forward to the next chapter with an ambitious club like Blackburn."

:lol:

http://www.teamtalk.com/blackburn-rovers/7037575/Rovers-close-in-on-Pavone-deal

Highlights from the article:

His British representative Barry McIntosh confirmed that the deal was in place.

"Mariano is delighted to get his chance in English football, he has spoken to several clubs but he was particularly impressed by Steve Kean," McIntosh told skysports.com.

"Steve made him feel very welcome and explained his plans, and Mariano was delighted with what he heard.

"He is now looking forward to the next chapter with an ambitious club like Blackburn."

:lol:

what would you have rather his agent said, lurid ?

Only an improvement if he can adapt to English conditions quicker than Formica.

He know where the onion bag is, that's the main thing, and he's not straight out of reserves or academies is he? Conditions for him should be pretty irrelevant, at 30, it's all about match fitness isn't and team training isn't it?

Like him to leave pens to someone else though LOL

He know where the onion bag is, that's the main thing, and he's not straight out of reserves or academies is he? Conditions for him should be pretty irrelevant, at 30, it's all about match fitness isn't and team training isn't it?

Like him to leave pens to someone else though LOL

He was only 29 just over a month ago, we get a whole season of 29

Although (rightly so) people will not read too much into his Youtube video, what it does show is that he can score goals with both feet and his head. Also a nice mix with a couple of nice long range efforts and also a few 'poachers' finishes.

Put him in a blue and white halved shirt and cut his hair and he reminds me of Shearer! Pacy, brave, good in the air and dynamite in both feet. What more do you want? Certainly can't see any of the current crop of "strikers" scoring goals like that.

I hate Venkys, despise Kean but this lad in my opinion looks as though he has something about him, stronger than many south Americans, two good feet nice acceleration and can strike a ball extremely well!!

He could just be a find, who found him I dont know but I have a strange feeling about him being a decent signing!

I hate Venkys, despise Kean but this lad in my opinion looks as though he has something about him, stronger than many south Americans, two good feet nice acceleration and can strike a ball extremely well!!

He could just be a find, who found him I dont know but I have a strange feeling about him being a decent signing!

I would be more excited if he was a little younger. However - many strikers that have struggled, or only done averagely in other leagues have flourished in the Premiership. Henry immediately springs to mind - struggled in Italy (though could be argued was played out of position) but a star in the Premiership. Also many strikers with only average records in other leagues seem to do better in the Premiership - possibly a sign that many Premiership teams aren't as well set up defensively or just the more open nature of the Premiership. Here is hoping he turns out to be another find - Nelsen was quite old when he signed - so you never know.

I would be more excited if he was a little younger. However - many strikers that have struggled, or only done averagely in other leagues have flourished in the Premiership. Henry immediately springs to mind - struggled in Italy (though could be argued was played out of position) but a star in the Premiership. Also many strikers with only average records in other leagues seem to do better in the Premiership - possibly a sign that many Premiership teams aren't as well set up defensively or just the more open nature of the Premiership. Here is hoping he turns out to be another find - Nelsen was quite old when he signed - so you never know.

He's just 29 so we get at least two seasons where he has a great chance of making an impact.

Based on his ability and I can;t remember seeing many players strike that ball that hard and so accurate.

I wonder if he just is a bit lazy in games or something. Maybe one of them player that just dfoesn't turn up but when he is on he is pretty awesome.

Anyway buying out his contract suggests he is hungry and wants to play not rot away like Bellamy.

After watching a couple of different youtube video's, it seems to me that Pavone is not the striker that we need. We need someone that can find the net when he get the chance and not someone that nets one out of ten. Wiki stats makes me want him even less in a Rovers shirt.

Mariano came up with Estudiantes and it was his goals that lead them to the 2006 Championship over a powerful Boca Jrs. I loved his game. He's very much a power forward in basketball parlance/. However, his spell at Betis did him no wonders as he flattered to decieve. River beat San Lorenzo to his signature a couple of years ago, however he's slowed down considerably and his return to the Argentine league saw him lead River to relegation.

They were desperate for his goals and what they got was: poor fitness, slow and erratic finishing.

I am not happy with Venky's choice, if Formica and Pavone are the best they can do they should stop shopping in Buenos Aires. Full stop.

Archived