BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

Is this guy better than Kalinic? I very much doubt it, so for a club with money to spend does it not seems strange that we are selling better players than what we are bringing in.

This signing doesnt along with Benjani getting a new contract does'nt feel right.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pavone seems to be in the Forlan mould and quite quick....

watch this video...we don't have this type of player at rovers...

He seems to be left footed.

He scored two good goals with his right foot to plus pulled a ball down well with his right for one goal.

The article in the Lancs Telegraph say that sources in Spain have compared Pavone's style to Man Us Hernandez !

I'm not knocking the guy before he has kicked a ball for us but this comparison seem a bit OTT.

But if he is half the player Hernandez is then we could have a bargain. Fingers crossed !

Bizzare comparison to say Hernandez is 23 and Pavone is nearly 30.

So when comparing styles also age must be taken into consideration? Some have the audacity to compare the styles of Messi, 24, and Maradona, 50.

So are we full expecting to sign this guy? Or is he on a trial?

Pavone is here to sign. He is not on trial, he has not been training. He is halfway through a medical...you don't give medicals to trialists.

But by your philosophy, Santa Cruz would never have achieved what he did at Rovers, and he'd never have come here in the first place. Rovers have always had the right balance I think. Or should I say "had"? :blink:

The very same Santa Cruz that was a lot younger, a full international and playing for one of the biggest hitters in European football?

Pavone is here to sign. He is not on trial, he has not been training. He is halfway through a medical...you don't give medicals to trialists.

Fair enough, Cheers.

Do you have any idea how this guy popped up on our radar? Was he a Kean target? Scouted? Venkys South American contacts?

:lol: its quite amusing.. tim from southampton gets it into his head that he's on trial :wacko: and then its taken as gospel! HE'S SIGNING.

also.. interesting news on a certain player.. should cheer people up a bit if it comes off!

Do you have any idea how this guy popped up on our radar? Was he a Kean target? Scouted? Venkys South American contacts?

It was hard enough tracking the geezer down without knowing his background - or why he is here.

His record in Spain is poor.

His record in Argentina is excellent. To score like he did at Estudiantes as a youngster shows he has something. And his record for River Plate is reasonable. You would take one goal in every four games in the Premier.

No idea what state he is in, but has to be better than some who have passed this way lately.

It's not a worldie, but as you want three strikers it gets an 'OK' just now.

There is no way that Pavone can be a 'star signing' all the same.

Watched this guy play for Betis a few times, I have family in Sevilla who are big fans so been to a few games and follow them from afar, he looked decent on the ball, technically very good.

There was huge expectation when he, and I think Rafael Sobis, signed for decent money.

I have a good feeling about this one.

Great Someone who's actually seen him play, unlike the "stats" merchants on here who've written him off before he's even kicked a ball! Some of you need to get a grip :wacko:

I am hoping he will a good solid signing for us. Doesn't matter he's on a free.

Might be our top choice striker if he joins.

We will just need to add one more very good striker and we are all ready to go striker wise.

ZACCAIUS: any clues mate? Position? Age? Foreign?

Nicko, are you aware of this chap is on about?

:lol: its quite amusing.. tim from southampton gets it into his head that he's on trial :wacko: and then its taken as gospel! HE'S SIGNING.

also.. interesting news on a certain player.. should cheer people up a bit if it comes off!

Whoa there Zaccy boy, i didn't see that Tim Southampton Rover had said it was a trial. It was just a question.

"Want three strikers" as in three strikers in the squad or as in three new strikers in during the window?

You 'want' three strikers because Roque has gone, Mame Biram Dioug has gone, Kalinic can go at the right price. Add to the the Benjani chap and you probably 'want' four.

This should be a massive window.

Slow start, got to say.

I am hoping he will a good solid signing for us. Doesn't matter he's on a free.

Might be our top choice striker if he joins.

We will just need to add one more very good striker and we are all ready to go striker wise.

ZACCAIUS: any clues mate? Position? Age? Foreign?

Nicko, are you aware of this chap is on about?

Its Nedum Onuhua I believe, but probaby one fo rhis own transfer thread ! apparently close to being signed

Archived