BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

Never seen him play so good luck to him on his trial. Who knows, he could be what we're looking for. Just because he's on trial, doesn't mean that he'll be a flop. Let's give him a chance.

No chances to be given Tim.

The young lads out of the academy get the chances, new signings have to be proven, of the highest standard, ready to go staright in and improve the team.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this guy play for Betis a few times, I have family in Sevilla who are big fans so been to a few games and follow them from afar, he looked decent on the ball, technically very good.

There was huge expectation when he, and I think Rafael Sobis, signed for decent money.

I have a good feeling about this one.

Christophe Dugarry had a poor goalscoring record and was known as having a poor attitude, yet he was one of Birmingham City's best ever signings in the Premier League. I think people need to judge him once they've actually seen him play rather than base their argument on stats shown on wikipedia.

how in fuchs name can this guy be any better than what we have.

if he was younger id give him a chance, but hes turning 30 and hasn't done anything at all worth mentioning at any club hes been at, doesn't look like he could physically hack being a forward in the prem.

hope his time at brockhall is more of a trial and kean has the final say whether to sign him or not, it will be a test to see if kean has the balls to say no to the venkys(im assuming they brought pavone over due to there south american player obsession).

Watched this guy play for Betis a few times, I have family in Sevilla who are big fans so been to a few games and follow them from afar, he looked decent on the ball, technically very good.

There was huge expectation when he, and I think Rafael Sobis, signed for decent money.

I have a good feeling about this one.

venkys mole

in my opinion he might do a decent job in the championship

We're probably planning for the future with this signing then.

I can't believe how we went from considering Piatti, Cisse and Vucinic to swooping for unknown freebies with dodgy goalscoring records. Starting to believe the doomsayers more and more, in that we look to be even worse off financially now than under the Trust.

But by your philosophy, Santa Cruz would never have achieved what he did at Rovers, and he'd never have come here in the first place. Rovers have always had the right balance I think. Or should I say "had"? :blink:

santa cruz was in his mid twenties and there where never any doubts over his quality, just his injury record, he was an established international.

I'm astounded that people who have never seen him play can come out and say he's rubbish. :angry2:

I'm astounded that someone who has never seen him play says he could be good. At least the people who haven't seen him play have his career stats available on the web. At 29 he's certainly not going to get any better.

But let's face it, with our recent track record of signing foreign players he probably won't even see the first team anyway. We'll just end up playing Roberts and Benjani.

I'm astounded that someone who has never seen him play says he could be good. At least the people who haven't seen him play have his career stats available on the web. At 29 he's certainly not going to get any better.

But let's face it, with our recent track record of signing foreign players he probably won't even see the first team anyway. We'll just end up playing Roberts and Benjani.

Did I say he was good? Don't be a smart arse! I'll reserve judgement until I see him

How do I get to see the Argentinian league regularly and become an expert too?

Watch the games online, majority of matches are always on, The Argentinian Apertura and Clausura have some great games, Quality goals, Proper tackling and the refs let a fair bit go,

So many experts. Or is it that some people spend too much time on football manager games?

:blink:

I think it's the fact that his stats over the past eleven years suggest anything but a prolific striker. He last reached double figures for a season in 2006-07, the season in which he won his one and only cap for Argentina. There is nothing in his recent record to suggest that he will be anything more than a backup striker, alongside Benjani, Blackman, Roberts and Kalinic. We desperately need some quality up front not another bench warmer.

Archived