BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raul

philipl

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's anything like the pro that Salgado has been for us, then there can be no concerns whatsoever about whether he is still hungry or not. It's a chance to prove himself in the premier league. I think he'd do well here especially with Hoilett, Rochina, Formica all in the squad who can potentially create goalscoring opportunities.

Guest Rovers4Good

Raul of the Rovers, school boy stuff and yes he might bring something to the younger lads in our squad but for me he's at the wrong side of the hill and slowly failing down. :(

Also, can't see why he'd want to leave european football to face a relegation battle.

He maybe 34 years old but its a move in the right direction in terms of names, when Sheringham was 34 he was still quality at Man U.

A move in the right direction might be good for attracting more players. I am worried about Kean's ability to get top players, this would show he can do it.

Guest Rovers4Good

He maybe 34 years old but its a move in the right direction in terms of names, when Sheringham was 34 he was still quality at Man U.

A move in the right direction might be good for attracting more players. I am worried about Kean's ability to get top players, this would show he can do it.

Hmm not sure Kean will be at the fore front of this and i'm sure Salgado has had a quiet word in his ear. :)

roversinsider Blackburn Rovers Spy

RAUL...Is a target for Balaji, would fund it himself #Rovers

Roversinsider has just dumped a load of stuff on Twitter.

This is one of the few of his tweets today which is consistent with what I have heard.

This is one of the few of his tweets today which is consistent with what I have heard.

I'm glad Balaji can just pick n' choose who he wants to invest in...

Sorry but Raul doesn't excite me. Yeah, class player, but he's getting on and he'll be on big whack (no doubt scuppering other transfer targets). I thought we were looking at long-term investments? If Kalinic goes, we won't have a first-team striker under 30.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

I'm glad Balaji can just pick n' choose who he wants to invest in...

Sorry but Raul doesn't excite me. Yeah, class player, but he's getting on and he'll be on big whack (no doubt scuppering other transfer targets). I thought we were looking at long-term investments? If Kalinic goes, we won't have a first-team striker under 30.

You've heard the saying "you won't win anything with kids", Stick a few experienced pro's in the mix with Hoilett, Rochinegun, Olsson etc... could be excited.

And is nobody else here excited to see the possible world class partnership of Jason Roberts + Raul? they were born to play together!

You can imagine Ferguson saying in 6 months "aye, if those 2 where under 30, they'd be playing for me"

I am only posting on this player transfer thread as I believe it is the first one this summer which has a realistic chance. I don't think the chance is that high unless certain other things happen but this is one that Venky's might actually follow through on.

Incidentally, the Schalke manager comments are exactly the ones he would make if he expected an offer to come in for Raul.

Re Topman's post...

1...Good news for the club as they seek a new 'mortgage', they are seemingly going to provide funds for players that THEY fancy

In all fairness to Venky's, this is the first time I have heard that one. The Raos clearly wanted a say in transfers but not the total say-so from what I heard.

19 goals last season not bad, I wonder how many goals a fully fit Raul and Owen would score together in a season.

Last legs but sure their is a season in both of them.

anyway, Raul would sell a few shirts, get people talking and a great advert to sign new players.

We have to start somewhere, Raul the sort of name that would interest venkys PR ambitions.

Even if Salgado would be the key, it would look good on Kean's CV (probably the only thing that looks good on Kean's CV)

To balance things up roverinsider also said Jenson was on the plane to India, which is not true.

Archived