BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raul

philipl

Did you feel the same way last season?

Honest question. Just wondering if the change in manager/ownership has anything to do with your stance.

Do you mean about the possibility of signing Raul?

If so, the answer is yes. I've seen too many over the hill strikers coming to our club and inevitably failing Topman. Fred Pickering and John Radford off the top of my head. They are just a waste of time and money - and all they do is simply delay the inevitable need for better, fitter and younger players.

Whoever the owners or managers are, I'll criticise them if I reckon they're taking the club in the wrong direction. No bias there.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean about the possibility of signing Raul?

If so, the answer is yes. I've seen too many over the hill strikers coming to our club and inevitably failing Topman. Fred Pickering and John Radford off the top of my head. They are just a waste of time and money - and all they do is simply postpone the inevitable need for better, fitter and younger players.

Whoever the owners or managers are, I'll criticise them if I reckon they're taking the club in the wrong direction. No bias there.

I think he meant when we signed Salgado.

If he didn't mean that, I'll ask it.

DId you feel the same way under Fatty when we got Salgado?

I think he meant when we signed Salgado.

If he didn't mean that, I'll ask it.

DId you feel the same way under Fatty when we got Salgado?

No, I did mean Raul.

Fair enough, Den. I do agree with ya. Raul would have be an expensive gamble under either regime. Like you said, he has no resale value. He'll pocket a king's ransom and leave for diddly squat. If Venky's were the big shots they claim to be, then we could afford the luxury, but quite frankly... they're not.

If so, the answer is yes. I've seen too many over the hill strikers coming to our club and inevitably failing Topman. Fred Pickering and John Radford off the top of my head. They are just a waste of time and money - and all they do is simply delay the inevitable need for better, fitter and younger players.

Come on den, Raul is a slightly different case the those two you've mentioned :D but it did put a smile on my face, which you've done a couple of times this week, capital letters indeed :lol:

He's not coming here I'd wager, but watching him last season certainly left me with the impression that he's far from over the hill or past it.

Come on den, Raul is a slightly different case the those two you've mentioned :D but it did put a smile on my face, which you've done a couple of times this week, capital letters indeed :lol:

He's not coming here I'd wager, but watching him last season certainly left me with the impression that he's far from over the hill or past it.

The two I mentioned were different types of player, admittedly Gav. The same principle though. Say we took him for one year, - that would cost a fortune. According to Nicko it would swallow up the Kalinic money, the Benjani wages as well. Money that in my opinion would be better invested in a quality, younger player that could be given a longer contract and be sold on eventually - maybe even for a profit. Give Raul a two year contract and the guy will be 36, - don't tell me that isn't too old.

and don't underestimate my wrath Gav. It was only Bob Fleming's advice that I shouldn't give them the satisfaction, that held me back.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Cryer's Venky's source. Weren't they recently on a man hunt to find out who was leaking information? :)

Imagine Raul and Salgado in the same team again, two former Galacticos in blue and white halves. Mouth watering stuff!

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Cryer's Venky's source. Weren't they recently on a man hunt to find out who was leaking information? :)

Imagine Raul and Salgado in the same team again, two former Galacticos in blue and white halves. Mouth watering stuff!

Let's get roberto carlos as our left back then aswell :D

Raul can earn money anywhere he wants. There is no way he would come to this shower in it's current sate, no-one with any credibility would. Can anyone tell me who the person at Ewood is who is going to go and meet Raul and sell him the concept of Blackburn Rovers to the extent that he would want to sign for us.......... SK? Forget it.

Salgado will be skinned alive next year, the only way your mouth will be watering is from a stroke having watched him get fried.

I wouldn't be surprised if Venkys are happy to help out Andy give him a bit of an eadge over other reports as he seems quite sensible and not willing to write articles that are too damaging like others.

I think the point is that we have an extra £65k to offer, on top of other funds we'd have used on wages if we'd not got rid of others from the bill.

Yes I got that, it was more of a flipant comment as it takes ages to reply on a smartphone.

Yes a strikers is needed, but with his wages and no return, its no longer for me.

Although Raul ran real and he cannot be as rubbish as the doughnuts man.

Balaji left hand and Mrs D right hand not knowing what the other is doing?

Now all we need is a giant horny cockeral to bring those hands together.

Yes I got that, it was more of a flipant comment as it takes ages to reply on a smartphone.

Yes a strikers is needed, but with his wages and no return, its no longer for me.

Although Raul ran real and he cannot be as rubbish as the doughnuts man.

Now all we need is a giant horny cockeral to bring those hands together.

Maji,

read your pm

Salgado will be skinned alive next year, the only way your mouth will be watering is from a stroke having watched him get fried.

I wouldn't be surprised if Venkys are happy to help out Andy give him a bit of an eadge over other reports as he seems quite sensible and not willing to write articles that are too damaging like others.

Mehhh he gets skinned by pacy wingers, and has been for a couple of years. Against wide midfielders with reasonable pace he does well, and having had no serious injuries I believe he can keep going for a good while yet.

I'd love to sign Raul. He's getting on a bit and may not be the player he used to be, but seeing one of the best strikers in the history of the Champions League in a Rovers shirt for a year or two would be wonderful, and he's the kind of name that would definitely attract other players to the club - maybe not world class ones in their prime, but young players hungry for regular Premier League football would surely jump at the chance to learn from him in training or even partner him up front.

The future is much brighter than it was last week.

I'd love to sign Raul. He's getting on a bit and may not be the player he used to be, but seeing one of the best strikers in the history of the Champions League in a Rovers shirt for a year or two would be wonderful, and he's the kind of name that would definitely attract other players to the club - maybe not world class ones in their prime, but young players hungry for regular Premier League football would surely jump at the chance to learn from him in training or even partner him up front.

The future is much brighter than it was last week.

+1

If he were to come to the premier league I would be excited to go watch a legend like Raul play. Regardless of the color of his shirt but to come to Rovers and end his career here would be outstanding. I do believe if he came to the premier league Salgado wont have him playing for anyone else but Rovers.

I'm not getting my hopes up. This transfer window has been ridiculous so far, and therefore I cannot and will not give more than 10% of my excitement at signing Raul. However, I will try to sum up 10% in a few words:

Watching Raul turn out at Ewood Park would be absolutely extrodinary, and to see it in Blue and White halves is worth a season ticket itself. I don't care if we sell Samba, and Raul never scores. It would be amazing. If he signs, I'll happily buy the home, and hidious away shirt, with his name on the back. Even if there's a massive Venkys logo on the front.

Would Brett give up his number 7 shirt?!

Archived