BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raul

philipl

If he goes to Russia after big money I don´t get it. Would he want to play for another club than Real Madrid in Spain? Isn´t Salgado one of his closest friends? Doesn´t he enjoy his life in Lancashire? In my eyes Raul is a very realistic marque target.

The fact that his old friend (i presume) Fernando Hierro is DoF and Pellegrino manager at Malaga might score some points.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'd love Raul to come here. Don't think he'd go to Russia, but Malaga probably have the advantage of money, country, and manager.

Our main pulling point is the Premier League. No idea if we can match Malaga's money with the Raos personal fortune involved.

I'd love Raul to come here. Don't think he'd go to Russia, but Malaga probably have the advantage of money, country, and manager.

Our main pulling point is the Premier League. No idea if we can match Malaga's money with the Raos personal fortune involved.

Remember more money doesn't mean they'll definitely get him.

It's who values him highest and can pay for it. They might not value him as much as what we do and can afford.

Premier League is a big pulling point. Let's just hope he doesn't still speak to Morientes.

Look a bit silly? The man wears a holstered pistol!

That is without doubt one of the best things i have read on here. Brilliant.

No wonder Kean does whatever they say, his boss carries a gun, ha ha ha.

Still of the opinion that Raul would just slow down our attacks. We are quietly building a front line with pace, Raul, for all his finishing ability, would slow us down, similar to RVN in the latter stages of his united days.

Still of the opinion that Raul would just slow down our attacks. We are quietly building a front line with pace, Raul, for all his finishing ability, would slow us down, similar to RVN in the latter stages of his united days.

Just because you get a few pacey players doesn't mean everyone has to be fast. A blend is best. Sheringham did well at United when they had a few pacey players.

Just because you get a few pacey players doesn't mean everyone has to be fast. A blend is best. Sheringham did well at United when they had a few pacey players.

Sheringham was not at United at 34, plus his speed was in his head, he never had pace so built his entire game around positioning and his touch. Now i am not saying that Raul was ever electric but his best work is done inside the box, sadly we are not yet a team that spends vast periods of play camped in the opposition third, we tend to do our best attacking work on the break.

He will be better than JR though so i suppose that's the main thing and it would improve the profile of the club, to other players more than anything, have i just convinced myself to go for Raul?

Sheringham was not at United at 34, plus his speed was in his head, he never had pace so built his entire game around positioning and his touch. Now i am not saying that Raul was ever electric but his best work is done inside the box, sadly we are not yet a team that spends vast periods of play camped in the opposition third, we tend to do our best attacking work on the break.

He will be better than JR though so i suppose that's the main thing and it would improve the profile of the club, to other players more than anything, have i just convinced myself to go for Raul?

Well for a start he was at United at 34. Secondly Raul is a finisher and with other players (such as Hoilett) laying on chances and stretching defenders a finisher is exactly what we need. I'm not saying Raul is perfect but if the deal was to go through I could see him fitting in. Last season we had Hoilett stretching the full backs and on three occasions we had the ball landing at N'Zonzi who blazed over. A player with the movement and intelligence of Raul could be exactly what the wingers need. He isn't immobile, he will be the most attacking player. Our breaks may be fast but if Roberts can get there then so can Raul. Just think what Goodwillie could learn from him too.

Well for a start he was at United at 34. Secondly Raul is a finisher and with other players (such as Hoilett) laying on chances and stretching defenders a finisher is exactly what we need. I'm not saying Raul is perfect but if the deal was to go through I could see him fitting in. Last season we had Hoilett stretching the full backs and on three occasions we had the ball landing at N'Zonzi who blazed over. A player with the movement and intelligence of Raul could be exactly what the wingers need. He isn't immobile, he will be the most attacking player. Our breaks may be fast but if Roberts can get there then so can Raul. Just think what Goodwillie could learn from him too.

Sign him up, class will out!.

yeah you got that wrong, he had a great season at 34 for United socred 21 goals in 42 games. I can remember at the time thinking thats pretty good for a 34 year old.

Pretty rare to happen.

He seemed to read the game and time his runs well for Shalke, showing that sometimes experience is better than blinding pace.

I apologise, i thought Teddy left united at 34. I suppose a big factor for me is that we are not going to see any financial return, but i suppose if it's the crazy pony tailed brothers cash then i am all for it. Love to see him in a Rovers shirt, be fantastic, as long as he can still contribute something to the team.

I will warn you though, if i get excited about a player then it usually turns sour. Grabbi, Davies and Dailly made me nearly hit the booze permanently, ha ha

I'm gonna hope too.

If we miss out on him... not really bothered. It would be incredible and I'd go as far as to say he's who I want out of all the strikers mentioned (as I don't see Milito as possible financially - could be wrong) but I'm not investing anything in to it. It's just not worth doing so these days, not to the clubs detriment but to all the wild rumours and the amount we don't know about.

I'm gonna hope too.

If we miss out on him... not really bothered. It would be incredible and I'd go as far as to say he's who I want out of all the strikers mentioned (as I don't see Milito as possible financially - could be wrong) but I'm not investing anything in to it. It's just not worth doing so these days, not to the clubs detriment but to all the wild rumours and the amount we don't know about.

Would at least keep us in the league in my opinion. Boost confidence, ticket sales, shirt sales, etc.

Can't see Milito coming here and would be too expensive. Not that I'd complain like!

i've got to say this is a no-brainer for me , even if this ends up costing us £3-4m a year the influence he will have on the younger players in the dressing room ,on the traning ground and on the pitch will be invaluable and if in those 2 years they fulfill their potential that they've shown so far we'll get that money back for Raul 10-fold

the book "Why England Lose" advises against spending big money on marquee names, particularly centre forwards, because statistically they're just not value for money.

I think in this particular case though it's desperately needed, if only to show that Rovers aren't a joke.

When the first one signs the press will treat it as a bizarre circus act. When the second one comes they might take us a little more seriously.

Archived