BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raul

philipl

To balance things up roverinsider also said Jenson was on the plane to India, which is not true.

he was due to be though.. (from one of his friends), but something happened in london to change the plans.

hear kean and jensen were in the capital MAYBE to meet raul.. and SOME ARE SURE they met him yesterday! ;)

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was brilliant for Schalke last season, does this look like a man out for one last payday?

I'm sure he'd be quality here as well for a season or two, but still... This transfer window should be about renewing our slow and over-the-hill squad, not bringing in more experience. I'd much rather see us go for other targets.

Finally some positive news for #Rovers fans, £8m offer for Honda accepted by #CSKA, owners are finally trusting the manager with transfers.
Honda will fly out next week to discuss personal terms with his agent, and if that goes well a medical will soon follow.

From InTheKnowAgent on Twitter. I am going to stick my neck out here and say, he must be in the know if he has it in his username :tu:

• Backroom

Yup, I'll give Cryer the benefit on this one he has been on the money more than anyone so far.

Hope he's wrong though.

Pros:

1. Skilfull

2. experienced at winning and being at the top-good for youngsters?

3. Big name, will get attention

Cons:

1. Reputation for having big ego and dominating the dressing room and managers.

2. Old

3. Here for one last pay day???

4. Big wages

Conclusion: I'm not sure either way to be honest.

Pros:

1. Skilfull

2. experienced at winning and being at the top-good for youngsters?

3. Big name, will get attention

Cons:

1. Reputation for having big ego and dominating the dressing room and managers.

2. Old

3. Here for one last pay day???

4. Big wages

Conclusion: I'm not sure either way to be honest.

Everytime I have seen him play - his work rate has been unbelievable - especially for a player of his age. Think he would excellent for younger players - as he seems to have the same enthusiasm as Salgado. Commercially he would surely be a huge hit - imagine we got Raul and Honda - good footballers with endless commercial opportunities - the ideal combination for us fans and our owners. Doubt it will happen though :(

Pros

Brilliant player

Great experience

True legend of the modern game

Great attitude

Professional attitude

Looks after himself

Great goal scoring record

Can adopt to new styles and still be a success

Cons

Not the type of player who is desperate enough to sign for a club with no management on the word of a dodgy agent with a brown ebvelope full of cash

Not likely to happen on balance then eh.

The Raul thing is ongoing...down to a couple of things.

1...getting dough [as much possible up front] on Kalinic...which is a rather hot topic just now...he is also on £30,000-a-week.

2...cancelling Pavone which probably saved around £30,000-a-week.

3...dumping poor old Benjani, although what difference his £5,000-a-week would make is open to debate.

So if you shunt those three you are immediately £65,000-a-week better off.

It comes down to money in the end.

PS - not related to roverinsider in any way. Why has nobody worked out he is yet? Pretty obvious to me.

1...getting dough [as much possible up front] on Kalinic...which is a rather hot topic just now...he is also on £30,000-a-week.

3...dumping poor old Benjani, although what difference his £5,000-a-week would make is open to debate.

PS - not related to roverinsider in any way. Why has nobody worked out he is yet? Pretty obvious to me.

Diouf :lol:

65,000 that won't tempt Raul.

Care to share who you believe him to be?

Watching the video, Raul looks an absolute top quality guy, the type of player Rovers are in definitely in need of right now rather than some second rate Argie.

You have to ask, is there really any intent of commitment from these Indians ? As it would seem they are more interested in cashing in on players going out of the club rather than spending some money to bring players in.

Watching the video, Raul looks an absolute top quality guy, the type of player Rovers are in definitely in need of right now rather than some second rate Argie.

You have to ask, is there really any intent of commitment from these Indians ? As it would seem they are more interested in cashing in on players going out of the club rather than spending some money to bring players in.

I think Raul would be great for Rovers

Presumably DIouf is on about 40,000 a week minimum also and surely his contract is about to be torn up.

Confused about the dumping Benjani and selling Kalinic bit. That means at the moment we have, um, Roberts. One striker. And not a very good one at that.

Getting Raul is going to be tricky. Plus on top of him we surely need at least one more out and out striker.

We really need to have a good week transfer wise starting on Monday.... Two strikers, two central midfielders required at a minimum.

Let's hope this Raul stuff is put on the backburner PDQ.

For Venky's and Kean to put in that kind of cash for someone of 34 years and no sell on fee would be another move towards the downfall of our club. If we had millions to burn, then who cares? But we don't.

To me, this move, at this time, is quite ridiculuos.

if they can afford his wages i dont see a problem with Raul , i've said before i think we're gonna have a very young team this year with the likes of Ollsson , Holliett , N'Zonzi ,Rochina , Formica Hanley etc etc experienced players will be invaluable

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

A Venky's source has just told me to forget about Raul. Said they don't want him

(due to his)Age I believe. They seemed surprised he was even mentioned. I believe there was interest somewhere though

Let's hope this Raul stuff is put on the backburner PDQ.

For Venky's and Kean to put in that kind of cash for someone of 34 years and no sell on fee would be another move towards the downfall of our club. If we had millions to burn, then who cares? But we don't.

To me, this move, at this time, is quite ridiculuos.

Did you feel the same way last season?

Honest question. Just wondering if the change in manager/ownership has anything to do with your stance.

Archived