BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lukas Podolski

Teacup

Ok since you all have guessed it Mystery Striker Number 1 is indeed Lukas Podolski.

I am told that there is some serious interset in this Podolski from Rovers, not at the stage where a bid has been made, but that could change at anytime.

Venky's PR has told me there is no interest in Raul, but some very reliable sources say different. It could just be that the RE Raul Venky's PR is out of the loop.

I think once Kalanic's transfer is confirmed they will move on the striker front.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Would love to hear a source for this information.

Surely Lukas would be out of our range financially, not forgetting stev Kean ha the pulling power of a deceased ring worm.

Pinch of salt at the ready!

I literally "WHAT?!" when i saw the title. It would be fantastic if true. But then i quickly remembered Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Luis Fabiano... further compounded by memories of not being able to afford Axel Witsel.

I wouldnt hold my breathe, but deep in my heart, I'm hoping that Venky's come good. For once.

One of these marquee signings that Venky's are going for has to pay off. Someone is sure to sign on that dotted line, whether it is for money or regular first team football.

If it could be anyone though, I want it to be Podolski ^_^

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

One of these marquee signings that Venky's are going for has to pay off. Someone is sure to sign on that dotted line, whether it is for money or regular first team football.

If it could be anyone though, I want it to be Podolski ^_^

Look-flying-pigs-51794.jpg

He is a great player, would easily be out best player IF he comes. Everything I hear about him is similar to what posters are saying here: He loves Cologne and will be unlikely to leave of his own accord.

Strong, quick and has a very powerful left foot.

His German is also as bad as mine! haha.

I would also buy a shirt with Podolski on the back, would be the first time I've got a name on the back too!

Would love to hear a source for this information.

Surely Lukas would be out of our range financially, not forgetting stev Kean ha the pulling power of a deceased ring worm.

Why? He had problems with Munich and helped finance a move back to Koln.

I can't imagine they can afford to pay him that much, we should be able to match his wages.

He is one of my favourite players. Would love us to get him.

Why? He had problems with Munich and helped finance a move back to Koln, if I remember correctly.

I can't imagine they can afford to pay him as much as he was on with them, we should be able to match his wages.

He is one of my favourite players. Would love us to get him.

He is a great player, would easily be out best player IF he comes. Everything I hear about him is similar to what posters are saying here: He loves Cologne and will be unlikely to leave of his own accord.

He's just been stripped of the captaincy by new Cologne manager Ståle Solbakken, and allegedly wants to leave the club.

I love watching Podolski when he turns out for the German national team, but I seem to recall that he's usually much better for the "Mannschaft" than he is in the Bundesliga? Would be a good signing nevertheless, though, really hope this one comes off.

43 goals for Germany in 89 games, we are talking Batistuta, Ronaldo, Klinsmann stardard here.

Maybe he need to get out of the Bundesliga. Playing for a team that came 10th isn't exactly someone you'd think was out of our league.

43 goals for Germany in 89 games, we are talking Batistuta, Ronaldo, Klinsmann stardard here.

Maybe he need to get out of the Bundesliga. Playing for a team that came 10th isn't exactly someone you'd think was out of our league.

We did well with the last Bundesliga striker we signed whose club career had stalled.

Cryer isn't correct most of the time though is he. Kammy's information sounds true and he is very reliable. On Podolski, we would be very lucky. I would dance naked in the streets of Reykjavik ofcourse if it does happen.

Cryer isn't correct most of the time though is he. Kammy's information sounds true and he is very reliable. On Podolski, we would be very lucky. I would dance naked in the streets of Reykjavik ofcourse if it does happen.

Cryer reports after the event news, and keeps it safe. This was under lock n key, and perhaps his inabilty to find the combination has seen him fall behind again on the news, wnt be the first time

Cryer reports after the event news, and keeps it safe. This was under lock n key, and perhaps his inabilty to find the combination has seen him fall behind again on the news, wnt be the first time

Normally he would say, I doubt its true, very likely or something, he has completely written it off this time.

43 goals for Germany in 89 games, we are talking Batistuta, Ronaldo, Klinsmann...

...Crouch?

Just making the point that international football isn't always a good signal of club form.

30 goals in 131 club games since 2006 is probably a better indicator of what we could expect.

Interesting that the majority of his goals have been for Germany, where he plays left wing rather than as a striker.

Does Any Cryer go around telling kids that the tooth fairy is not real :rolleyes: - spoil sport for many of you on here!

Podolski has a great record for Germany but him scoring a hat trick for Germany vs Belarus does not put 3 points on the board for us!

His record is not that great in the League and he failed at Bayern - i think we could do better for the wages and transfer fee; that is just my opinion though.

Archived