BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For goodness sake, I thought he was finished with all this sort of thing. I didn't realise he was charged with something again. Honestly, I'd be pondering whether to sell him to Rangers if we could get our money back, and get a striker who doesn't seem likely to go to jail.

just a note on the charges that have been brought up about him

- the rape charge that has been dropped according to the papers he was at a new years party at the Scottish borders with an ex united player David Robertson and the girl was at the same party.

-he was involved in some fight where he knocked out a ruby player, similar to Wayne Rooney and Micheal gray, the ruby player started it and goodie ended it

-he was involved in a fight outside a night club in Glasgow with rangers or Celtic fans cant remember which, he only got involved when one of the fans attacked and knocked his best mate at the club out cold.

i bring these up because some poster said he seam like Mr Barton hes far from it,just a guy that's prob been a bit naive in the past

just to quote myself :rolleyes:

How made up does that sound, honestly?

Not made up at all mate. If was a couple of years ago b4 Goodie bulked himself up. He got in a bit of bother with an absolute bruiser of a rugby player/bouncer in his hometown and sparked him clean out.

Dinnae mess with the Goodie...he does what he wants!

"Fighting" and "assault" are not the same thing.

Assault is what some people complain of when they come off worst after the fight.*

Let's see what the outcome of the trial is (if it goes to trial) before getting too carried away with the Barton likenesses.

Also, my understanding of the Kean saga was that he never denyed being over the legal limit, rather he insisted that it wasn't his fault.

*Disclaimer: this probably isn't the wording used in law before someone piles in!

How made up does that sound, honestly?

Not made up at all mate. If was a couple of years ago b4 Goodie bulked himself up. He got in a bit of bother with an absolute bruiser of a rugby player/bouncer in his hometown and sparked him clean out.

Dinnae mess with the Goodie...he does what he wants!

He can do what he wants as long as he doesn't get banged up, we need him on the pitch. ;)

Sorry was there an apology coming, I don't do made up, his history well was documented by their fans on another MB during the negotiations. Im sure you won't mind if I mark your original post down -1 :P

How did he get on today in his first full 90 mins guys? Waiting for the highlights to come on Sky match choice. Looks lke i am heading down at the wrong time for the game next week. :(

Not really his fault but I don't think he had much of a chance to shine...

He looked like you'd expect a 2 million signing to look, pretty average and hope maybe he'll improve.

Thought he was out classed, but again very difficult to judge and harsh.

Ideally we would have two very good striker and Goddwillie could work his way into the team.

We are very weak upfront so he played a full 90.

Glad people are already starting to write players off after 110mins of football.

I remember people saying Jermaine Jones was turd after a handful of games, too.

ooops ok, lets lie to the bloke, I'd like to change my answer.

"He was very good, he hit the post three times, I'd compare it to the Shearer debut against Palace."

Only as good as your last game, no ones said in 2-6 months he won't improve.

What do you want from us? Can only judge him on his last peformance if someone asks how did he play.

I hear what your saying, but come on he is never going to be good enough, if a player is good enough he will show that straight away in my opinion. And against an average villa side the lad didn't even look average himself, he did absolutely nothing, he never made himself any space and didn't really seem like a "tryer" in lehmans terms with him and Frank Bruno up front we are fcuked

ooops ok, lets lie to the bloke, I'd like to change my answer.

"He was very good, he hit the post three times, I'd compare it to the Shearer debut against Palace."

Only as good as your last game, no ones said in 2-6 months he won't improve.

What do you want from us? Can only judge him on his last peformance if someone asks how did he play.

And the post above yours?

I hear what your saying, but come on he is never going to be good enough, if a player is good enough he will show that straight away in my opinion. And against an average villa side the lad didn't even look average himself, he did absolutely nothing, he never made himself any space and didn't really seem like a "tryer" in lehmans terms with him and Frank Bruno up front we are fcuked

no way, lots of players take time to adapt.

I agree I didn't see anything that makes me think he will make it, but I'm not stupid enough to write him off.

Don't commit to anything that might bite you in the ass.

But (again) I'm expecting very little for 2 million and that way I will not be disappointed.

And the post above yours?

you said people, thats one person and you didn't quote him.

Archived