BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a feeling that Goodwillie will get a start on the Sunday. Roberts is struggling and Yukubu won''t be fit. Time to try something different. We can always bring Roberts on.

I'd like to see him start with Formica. They show brief glimpses of a connection against Everton.

• Backroom

was he injured.

A poor player on todays performance.

Maybe Goodwillie will improve young its early, but god help us.

Yak get fit.

I hope he was injured otherwise he can't move well at all. It was quite worrying watching him trundling round at times.

It said early on that he had tweaked his hamstring, I think the preparation isn't right because alot of our players seem to be picking up strains, and I thought he would come off.

He also played a full game on his own for Scotland midweek, I'm hoping he is usually much sharper than that. No doubt Roberts will start v Arsenal.

• Backroom

He tweaked his hamstring quite early in the first half - if not for injuries I think he would have been replaced by Roberts or Yak in the 2nd half.

Considering the standard of league he came from and the fee paid for him I don't think we can expect too much from him. Anything over 5 goals would be a good return from him this season imo.

• Backroom

He had some kind of problem that slowly got worse as the game went on - the commentators mentioned hamstring, but it may have been something else. Either way, by the end he was practically immobile. I was surprised he wasn't subbed at half time, but considering the injuries that followed in the second half I suppose it's a good thing he wasn't.

I have been quite impressed with Goodwillie so far but he really needs to lose a few pounds and improve on his alround fitness before he is going to be a force in this league. Might be a good investment for the future but I can't see him scoring more than a couple of goals this season.

Seen him play three full games now and he looks like he's in the wrong league. Championship at best. Slow isn't the right word.

Penalty box brawler at best. He'll prob score if we can supply him with enough chasnces but we don't seem very good at that. Slow and unfit and he's useless in the air too.

He pulled up with cramp at the end of the scotland game and looked like he still had a problem today.

Kean watched him playing alone for Scotland but this is against the best in the world.. He needs to improve his first touch and his fitness really quickly or we have at best a championship striker on our hands.. :(

Penalty box brawler at best. He'll prob score if we can supply him with enough chasnces but we don't seem very good at that. Slow and unfit and he's useless in the air too.

One redeeming feature is that he does look like he could snatch the odd goal or two. Great strike against Sheff Wed and was unlucky to hit the bar against Everton. The thing is, his all round game so far, - for the benefit of DGS and imy who don't like opinions - looks woefully poor. It's no surprise that no other PL club was in for him, or that we got him for just £2m.

Seen him play three full games now and he looks like he's in the wrong league. Championship at best. Slow isn't the right word.

He wouldnt score many goals in the Championship up front own his on either. That is not and never will be his game. There has to be someone alongside him leading the line, he's techinically very very good but needs someone to play off, not someone playing off him.

He had some kind of problem that slowly got worse as the game went on - the commentators mentioned hamstring, but it may have been something else. Either way, by the end he was practically immobile. I was surprised he wasn't subbed at half time, but considering the injuries that followed in the second half I suppose it's a good thing he wasn't.

After some thought I've cracked what it is, it's called Steve Kean.

He wouldnt score many goals in the Championship up front own his on either. That is not and never will be his game. There has to be someone alongside him leading the line, he's techinically very very good but needs someone to play off, not someone playing off him.

Might as well pack his bags now then. I can't think of many strikers left in the PL who aren't able to play up front on their own. Some of those that aren't able have adapted by moving to the wing, but I can't see Goodwillie being any good out there.

Jermaine Defoe is a notable exception, but his career has stalled since Van Der Vaart arrived and Spurs went more 4-4-1-1.

He pulled up with cramp at the end of the scotland game and looked like he still had a problem today.

Which is why it was even more amazing that he started yesterday. I know Roberts gets some stick - but why he didn't start yesterday is beyond me.

No wonder we looked so poor in the second half - with Goodwillie looking half fit we were effectively playing with 10 men.

Like I said before and got panned for it ....HE AIN'T fit enough!!!!

He earns more in a week than I earn in a year and he can't get himself fit aw bless.

If he isn't going to play as a lead striker he has problems as the second striker role is totally sewn up by Rochina, Formica and Hoilett (plus Vukcevic floating around). If he wants a game he is going to have to find a way to play in these flair players and keep Yakubu and Roberts out of the side.

He moves well and does look like he can score goals so he has a chance I think. Needs to be fitter.

Might as well pack his bags now then. I can't think of many strikers left in the PL who aren't able to play up front on their own. Some of those that aren't able have adapted by moving to the wing, but I can't see Goodwillie being any good out there.

Jermaine Defoe is a notable exception, but his career has stalled since Van Der Vaart arrived and Spurs went more 4-4-1-1.

Hopefully he hasn't been bought as our main striker. This is why it was so vital to sign someone who could lead the line. Goodwillie wont start many games for us in the PL in my opinion, but he will still be an important player.

Archived