BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Goodwille

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arab in peace! Cant believe some of u guys think Goodie is fat! Fair enough the guy is a bit of a brute but he is definately not fat, thats solid muscle! He's developed rapidly at Utd over the last couple of years, used to be a wee guy who would get bullied off the ball, now he is the one doing the bullying! His physical strength is one of his many attributes.

Glad to see he had a decent debut, only saw what was on MOTD but his turn and shot is typical Goodie. He knows exactly where the goal is regardless of where he is. Cant actually belive he is getting slated by some for missing that chance! It was a half chance at most which he did superbly to goalwards! U guys must have big expectations if u expect those to go in every week!!

Im sure he will go on to be a star and make u, and hopefully us, millions!!

Yes it was a half chance an nicely struck too, that alone showed he has something in his locker!!

Its difficult coming into a match late on, everyone has the pace of the game and you have to try and get there much more quickly, I think the boy will do OK!!

I thought he looked a different shape to most players in the Premier League, a little like Adam who I saw for the first time when he came to Ewood at the end of the season. Not athletic like most players.

He was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes, so I was somewhat surprised when 1 attacking move broke down and he was offside, some time later, because he hadn't bothered to get onside.

Interesting that this bit of news, which in my opinion is far more serious than Kean drink driving, has hardly had a mention :rock:

Your opinion is wrong. Young bloke involved in a fight compared to old head drinking and getting behind the wheel.

He does seem to have baggage but I reserve final judgement until I hear his defence - as I did with Kean.

Btw, everyone should be careful what they accuse him of whilst there is a trial on-going. The stark difference with Kean is he admitted to being over the limit.

Btw, everyone should be careful what they accuse him of whilst there is a trial on-going. The stark difference with Kean is he admitted to being over the limit.

From what I remember Kean initially pleaded not guilty and changed his plea on the day of the trial.

Common Assault

What is Common Assault?

Under Section 39 of the Criminal Justice Act the offence will be committed when a person either assaults another person or commits a battery.

A battery is classified as the application of unlawful force. This could be anything from a push or slap.

An assault is when the one person makes the other fear that immediate force will be used against them. This could be anything from shaking a fist or running a finger across a throat. No force needs to be applied in order for it to be an assault.

Will there be a prison sentence?

Common assault carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine.

If someone is being charged for the first time it is unlikely that they will go to prison with a fine the usual outcome. If the offender has previous convictions or if they were proven to have had a particular motivation for the attack, specifically if it is racially motivated this could however lead to a prison sentence.

My link

Your opinion is wrong. Young bloke involved in a fight compared to old head drinking and getting behind the wheel.

He does seem to have baggage but I reserve final judgement until I hear his defence - as I did with Kean.

Rubbish.

You need to read the report, he's alleged to have "continually kicked and punched a man" in the street, thats far worse than what kean did if hes found guilty.

Rubbish.

You need to read the report, he's alleged to have "continually kicked and punched a man" in the street, thats far worse than what kean did if he’s found guilty.

Key word I've highlighted.

Ok, saying GAV's opinion is wrong is incorrect. But I still don't agree it's worse. Drink driving will always be worse than a young lad fighting. IMO.

Key word I've highlighted.

Ok, saying GAV's opinion is wrong is incorrect. But I still don't agree it's worse. Drink driving will always be worse than a young lad fighting. IMO.

There's some strange moral relativity you've got goin' on there.

Common Assault

What is Common Assault?

Under Section 39 of the Criminal Justice Act the offence will be committed when a person either assaults another person or commits a battery.

A battery is classified as the application of unlawful force. This could be anything from a push or slap.

An assault is when the one person makes the other fear that immediate force will be used against them. This could be anything from shaking a fist or running a finger across a throat. No force needs to be applied in order for it to be an assault.

Will there be a prison sentence?

Common assault carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison and/or a fine.

If someone is being charged for the first time it is unlikely that they will go to prison with a fine the usual outcome. If the offender has previous convictions or if they were proven to have had a particular motivation for the attack, specifically if it is racially motivated this could however lead to a prison sentence.

My link

He'll get nothing unless he's got a few previous. You have to do it a few times before they will do anything in my personal experience.

He is being sent for trial at Glasgow Crown Court in October for kicking and beating somebody.

Anyone know if there is a risk of a custodial sentence?

I think any assault charge 'could' end with an custodial sentence. Mitigating stuff comes in to play as well. Provocation etc.

Interesting that this bit of news, which in my opinion is far more serious than Kean drink driving, has hardly had a mention :rock:

My view is that they are completely different. We all can be provoked to extent we want to lash out. Sometimes it is hard not to throw a punch. Other times we just cannot help doind so.

Drink driving is a deliberate act and pre-planned. First a person has driven to the place where he is going to drink. They know they intend driving away afterwards - kean was travelling south, so was not going to be getting a taxi. Drink driving is not caused by provocation etc etc. It is a selfish act that has no consideration for other people, whether they be other road users, any paasengers in the vehicle, if there are any, and pedestrians etc etc. There is no limit to the danger a drunk driver can cause. But it is a deliberate act.

Archived