BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ST - Diego Milito

Bob Dewhurst

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't follow Serie A at all-why did Milito only score 5 goals last season?

iirc injuries and being played out of position mostly.

Remember they had the clueless R.Benitez for a while. Thank god we have Stevie Kean!

Milito has turned 32 and a 3 year deal would cost getting on for £20m (fee, wages, agent).

At that age, he's heading backwards and doesn't strike me as a good investment, especially with his injury problems last season.

Milito has turned 32 and a 3 year deal would cost getting on for £20m (fee, wages, agent).

At that age, he's heading backwards and doesn't strike me as a good investment, especially with his injury problems last season.

Having him upfront would definitely keep us up and help us push for a top 10 finish and who knows, with the right players and our youngsters progressing ever more, maybe europe the following season. It is a worthwhile investment. The way he plays, he can do well for 3 seasons in the Premiership imo.

No, but it would be the big South American signing that Venky's have been pinning their hopes on...

I'll beleive it when I see him on the pitch at Ewood in Blue n White halves.

He sounds good to me, just not got much faith in our manager and owners...

Has Benji signed on again yet? :-)

Milito would be a unbelievable coup for us. That champ league final he was outstanding for Inter. MotM if i remember correctly.

p.s aint a bloody hope in hell lol

Yes you are right. Milito would be a terrible signing.

:lol:

He's easily worth £8m, even at 32.

But if Genoa and Napoli are after him then it will be tough. Napoli can offer CL, whilst he has said many times Genoa have remained in his heart after his two spells with them.

Would be a cracking signing though, fingers crossed!

For anyone who has not seen Milito play, one word to describe him IMO. Warrior. He is a tireless worker and is one of the good guys of football, if we signed him and he stayed fit, I would confidently predict top 10th next season, with him and Raul up front... wow..

For anyone who has not seen Milito play, one word to describe him IMO. Warrior. He is a tireless worker and is one of the good guys of football, if we signed him and he stayed fit, I would confidently predict top 10th next season, with him and Raul up front... wow..

We actually agree on something. :)

But I think it is too good to be true. Raul and Milito? I wish it would happen, but am not holding my breath.

I would seriously do a wee in my pants and maybe more if we somehow signed Milito.

Craziness.

just as long as it's Diego and not GABY! Diego came out of the blue and had a few wonderful years but it has all come apart for him in the past 18 months. Hopefully it wasn't a deal with the devil and just a host of injuries that he has now left in the past.

it'd be a shame to spend that big wad of $$$ on someone to keep Grella and Dunnie company on the treatment table.

Archived